PDA

View Full Version : Accident

Polish
06-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Just got into an accident about 2 hours ago... fortunatly it is completely the other guys fault. Anyone know how much a new bumper for a 99 Dodge Ram goes for?

.....maybe this will make me feel better...

:dance:

...yeah...

Restola
06-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Or fix the bumper yourself and keep the cash!

:clap:

blackclown
06-14-2004, 11:52 PM
$500.00

and thats a low estement

:dance: :cheers: :cheers: :dance:

Polish
06-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Or fix the bumper yourself and keep the cash!

:clap:

I maybe be able to just hammer the bumper out... but maybe Ill sell the truck.. anyone wanna buy a 99 Dodge Ram... never been in an accident! :)

Deep Sixx
06-15-2004, 08:32 AM
I maybe be able to just hammer the bumper out... but maybe Ill sell the truck.. anyone wanna buy a 99 Dodge Ram... never been in an accident! :)

Anything that goes by the name "Ram" is pretty much obliged to have some sort of cosmetic damage. ;) Seriously, it's a truck... unless the bumper is destroyed and falling off, just hammer it out and call it good. A solid steel bumper is gonna cost a bundle... or you could try getting a used one.

sixx

skife
06-15-2004, 11:13 AM
or if your a welder and have some scrap steal laying around....make one.
thats what my friend's dad did to his 80's chevy druck, this one girl rearended him and totaled her car, he just went out there with a can of black spray paint and painted over where she hit him at.

good times.

rehme
06-15-2004, 12:43 PM
yeah i got into one also. what happend was i was just going out of town started going 65 and there was this stupid ***** at the intersection which was suppose to yield but didnt and she just goes right threw the intersection and my brakes lock up and i start to go fishtailing and my left corter panel hit her rea end making her bumber fly off. And the worse part is she took off but a off duty cop saw the whole thing and followed her. she said she did not know she was hit. I was thinking how can you not feel when a 2 ton car hits you doing 65 how can you not feel that, and she was driving on a supsend liscence and had over 3 pages of moving violations and she is only 17. but when i took my car to get a estimate it was 1,721. damn i was so pissed.

Polish
06-15-2004, 11:26 PM
1600 bucks estimate... and now I find out the guy that hit me doesnt have insurance.. so he hits me... lies to the cops about having insurance.. and now he doesnt have it.... Luckily since I work at a paintball store right down the street from the police department... all the cops love me..

Now I have to try to get 1600 bucks off of some guy in Philly who hit my car... this should turn out to be fun..

PyRo
06-16-2004, 12:18 AM
It it under 4k, i'm not to far from you :)

PyRo
06-16-2004, 12:22 AM
1600 bucks estimate... and now I find out the guy that hit me doesnt have insurance.. so he hits me... lies to the cops about having insurance.. and now he doesnt have it.... Luckily since I work at a paintball store right down the street from the police department... all the cops love me..

Now I have to try to get 1600 bucks off of some guy in Philly who hit my car... this should turn out to be fun..
Sorry, that sucks :(
Won't the police find out he didn't have insurance? If he did he would have had to show them his insurance card, or if he didn't have it show it within 2 days or so. Go to them and tell them maybie you have some law that will make getting the money either, otherwise if he won't pay you have to go to court :(

Halliday
06-16-2004, 12:35 AM
A few years back I was in an accident and the person that hit me did not have insurance. Of course they "had it" that night for the police, just not when I needed money.

I ended up taking her to court and winning. She wouldn't pay the 2k, so I had to get her wages garnished. Then the place she worked closed down. I got about $600 out of her before she lost her job.

Basically I got boned. Good luck.

PyRo
06-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Why not take her back to court?

cphilip
06-16-2004, 08:23 AM
http://www.truckpartsdiscount.com/cgi-bin/truckparts/view-catalog?mv_session_id=VNmFfbV7&mv_pc=75&make=DODGE&model=FULL%20SIZE%20PICKUP&year=1996&cat=1

Hasty8
06-16-2004, 08:59 AM

Take him to small claims, get a judgement and then go to the Marshalls. they take a small percentage as salary so they will make every effort to get the funds. I've had to do this numerous times.

Polish
06-16-2004, 05:11 PM
A few years back I was in an accident and the person that hit me did not have insurance. Of course they "had it" that night for the police, just not when I needed money.

This is exacly what the guy did to me.. hes giving me 500 tommorow and Im going to make him sign an agreement to pay the rest each week.. at least Ill have something to show the judge with a paper like that..

13k for the truck.. not 4k

Its in great condition except for the bumper.

dj89
06-16-2004, 09:03 PM
any pics 4 door,4x4?

Halliday
06-16-2004, 10:55 PM
This is exacly what the guy did to me.. hes giving me 500 tommorow and Im going to make him sign an agreement to pay the rest each week.. at least Ill have something to show the judge with a paper like that..........
That's a good plan, but he'll never pay it all.

For my deal, it's no good taking her to court again. I've already won. She needs a job so the wages can be garnished. Crazy old lady with no job = no $$ for Halliday :(

Polish
06-17-2004, 10:34 PM
w00t the guy cut me a check today for the whole thing... so that was very cool. He said he took out a loan... so lets hope this doesnt bounce.

Green 99 Dodge Ram 1500.. extended cab short bed.. 5.9 liter V8 SLT Laramine package.. runs great and will have a brand new bumper next week.. heh. ;)