PDA

View Full Version : Use a RT on/off in Classic?

Janitor
06-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Can you use a RT on/off on a Classic? I hear that you can run a ULT kit in it so I would think that you could use it, but is there any benefit from using it?

Potatoboy
06-14-2004, 11:33 PM
yes, you can.

no, it doesn't do anything.

ZapTheMad
06-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Since the RT on/off has a smaller diameter pin, I think it would lighten the trigger pull a bit.

11_Mile_TMaster
06-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Since the RT on/off has a smaller diameter pin, I think it would lighten the trigger pull a bit.

I would think so too... But, not as much as you'd expect (if any). Keep in mind that Although the incoming pressure pushes the on/off down once you've fired... When your Dump chamber is charged, the pressure is equal. The only difference in pull feel would be a result of the different friction of the pin on the O-Rings.

the electrician
06-15-2004, 09:04 PM
sorry potato boy. I have to disagree with you on this one.

it depends on what you are looking for. if you want a little lighter trigger without sacrificing recharge rate, then the RT on/off can do this. modify the on/off and increase the input pressure to the gun to 1000+, you might be able to use the reactivity to a certain extent.

but if you want reactivity, I thik you'll find that it won't work like an RT because the valve cannot recharge as fsast as the reactivity will help you to cycle, therefore it will shoot lie crap if you try to use the reactivity to "rapid fire" a classic valve. I've done it, I've tried it.

I use one in a classic valve, that's in a homemade e-mag and it works great for reducing the sear actuation force.

Potatoboy
06-15-2004, 09:21 PM
sorry potato boy. I have to disagree with you on this one.
Disagree all you want; bearing in mind that you're disagreeing with an AGD trained individual; it's the truth.

it depends on what you are looking for. if you want a little lighter trigger without sacrificing recharge rate, then the RT on/off can do this.
The only benefit to doing this is the fact that you're using urethane orings instead of teflon orings which can also be accomplished by removing them from the classic on/off and using urethane in their place.

modify the on/off
Modifying AGD parts has never shown any performance increase, they're designed to deliver maximum performance anyway.

increase the input pressure to the gun to 1000+, you might be able to use the reactivity to a certain extent.
Increasing input pressure in a classic valve does NOTHING as the air pressure on the on/off assembly is the regulated pressure from the AIR valve at all times, not the incoming tank pressure.

but if you want reactivity, I thik you'll find that it won't work like an RT because the valve cannot recharge as fsast as the reactivity will help you to cycle
Now that we've determined that it will not increase reactivity, it's simple to see that it will not work the same since it is not the same valve.

therefore it will shoot lie crap if you try to use the reactivity to "rapid fire" a classic valve.
It will not work, so yeah I guess you can call that crap...

I've done it, I've tried it.
:rolleyes:

I use one in a classic valve, that's in a homemade e-mag
Good for you. A classic on/off will do the same.

it works great for reducing the sear actuation force.
See above statement on teflon vs urethane.

the electrician
06-15-2004, 10:02 PM
agd trained, that's pretty cool.

the smaller bottom half of the rt on/off pin cancels out part of the force needed to actuate the pin. that's how it works right? it will do this same thing in a classic valve. hell that's how the ULT on/off works to creat a lighter trigger pull.

now the o-rings, yeah the urethan is softer, but buna-n is even softer. I suggest using them instead. just like the little bity one inside the ULT. that difference in friction will create a lot smaller difference in actuation force than the changing of the on/offs will though.

increasing the input pressure to the classic does nothing? think about this. how does a reg work? when the air pressure down stream drops, the reg piston spring pushes the piston on the pin, to open the reg to let air from the tank flow into the gun. the velocity of this air depends on the pressure of it. higher pressure means higher velocity. this will increase the recharge rate of the gun. not a ton, but it will do it just the same.

a classic on/off will not do the same thing. It needs more force to actuate it than the RT on/off does. after testing, an approximate 3lb less force is need to actuate the RT on/off, in my particular set-up.

"good for you"... easy brother, no need for that.

and this ":rolleyes:" have you tried it? I'm just telling the guy what I have found out for myself. not what someone else has told me.