PDA

View Full Version : New Camo Pattern...

Target Practice
06-15-2004, 01:53 AM
Army gets new Camo pattern (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/06/14/army.new.uniform.ap/index.html)
Kinda looks like fleckenflage (sp?) to me, anyway.... Man, they are gonna be like, :ninja:, and the enemy is gonna be like :wow:, then the soldiers are gonna be like :shooting:, and then the targets are gonna be out for the long :sleeping:.

nastymag
06-15-2004, 02:21 AM
this should be in small talk

Target Practice
06-15-2004, 02:27 AM
I am so :tard:
Dang it...it's just to darn late to be posting, it looks like. Oh well, maybe this new pattern will make it into the woodsball scene... :rolleyes:

edweird
06-15-2004, 02:45 AM
WTF?!?!?!

figures that once the marines stray from yee olde woodland every other friggin service branch has so go and do something as well... Stupid damn proactive management crap they try to push...

anyhow im sure lots of ya have seen the "New USAF BDU camo design"... and god its fugly. Think blue, grey and lightish green tiger stripe hawaiian shirts :shooting: [stupid ppl that feel the NEED to leave a legacy]

Oh and pics for you that dont know...

http://www.afforums.com/ppost/data/616/1Tiger_Stripe_4.jpg embossed logos to be cool like USMC... this kind of crap makes me wanna quit

http://www.afforums.com/ppost/data/616/1Tiger_Stripe_2.jpg Hey look... people fakeing that they are not "non'ers"

oldsoldier
06-15-2004, 05:59 AM
Heh, looks like they copied the Marines one almost exact. And, Ed, I have seen the "non tactical AF unifrom" Personally, I think it is the second ugliest uniform ever. The first, of course, being the old sateens...ugh. Leisure suit meets military.

Hasty8
06-15-2004, 09:21 AM
WTF?!?!?!

figures that once the marines stray from yee olde woodland every other friggin service branch has so go and do something as well... Stupid damn proactive management crap they try to push...

anyhow im sure lots of ya have seen the "New USAF BDU camo design"... and god its fugly. Think blue, grey and lightish green tiger stripe hawaiian shirts :shooting: [stupid ppl that feel the NEED to leave a legacy]

Why so angry? The USMC doesn't fight with flintlocks any more, having traded up to more advanced weaponry, why shouldn't they do the same with thier camos? In all actuality, the newer digitized USMC camo patterns is vastly superior to the older jungle patterns. It greatly helps in breaking up the soldiers profile and that saves lives.

slateman
06-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Pics don't work. At least for me.

The new Marine camo looks funny when you see it real close. But hey, if it looks stupid, but works, then it isn't stupid.

Jeffy-CanCon
06-15-2004, 10:56 AM
The article says it is based on the USMC digital camouflage (itself based on Canadian digital camouflage), but basically with different colours.

Some interesting feautures, but i don't know about the universal colour-scheme idea.

robertjuric
06-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Wow. First the black berets and now this new camo pattern. I honestly think its fugly as hell, but if it save my *** from gettin shot then I'm not going to argue with them.

Clare
06-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Oh well, maybe this new pattern will make it into the woodsball scene...

I saw people at the Dday scenario game wearing that pattern already (pants and jersies). I believe they got it from a company called Special Ops paintball.

Jeffy-CanCon
06-15-2004, 02:47 PM
That AF camo is fugly, and useless to boot. I feel sad for you, edweird, if they are going to make you wear that. It looks like it was rejected from a rap-video wardrobe. :tard:

BTW - what's a "non'er"?

RenagadeOfFunk
06-15-2004, 02:57 PM
...they made that camo to annoy the enemy out of their minds... :tard: