PDA

View Full Version : new ReTro Valve leaking... on/off?

krafty
10-12-2001, 04:30 PM
Just put in my new retro valve, and I've noticed a small leak. It seems to be coming from the area of the on/off, but I'm having trouble diagnosing it. No matter if the trigger is released or depressed, there's a small hiss, but the volume varies on trigger position. It's not leaking from the reg nut, nor is it leaking down the barrel. Anything I can change to get it up and running, or am I going to have to call the factory on Monday?

Cha0tic
10-12-2001, 06:58 PM
if it is leaking from th eon/off and does not stop when you pull the trigger, there is a bad seal in your on/off. try putting some oil in your asa and then gassing the gun up.

if that does not work, replace your on/off o-rings.

krafty
10-12-2001, 08:13 PM
Thats kinda what I figured. Thanks! I'll have to hit the local stores in search of an RT parts kit tomorrow...

Tunaman
10-12-2001, 09:07 PM
If it is truly "Brand New", Throw some oil in that thing and fire a few hundred shots through it. You gotta break 'um it a little. I have seen this a few times and have come to the conclusion its because the orings are new, not defective. Hope this helps.

BlackVCG
10-12-2001, 09:18 PM
Just feed the valve a bit of oil and cycle it 20-30 times to see if it stops leaking. If it continues to leak with the trigger held back, then check the reg. valve pin o-rings.

If you unscrew the back half of the regulator, there will be a pin coming out of the silver portion of the valve and a brass piece sitting on it. That brass piece will drop right off and then you have the reg. seat o-ring under that. Pull that o-ring out and then pull the stem out. At the end of the stem are two-rings. Hand apply some oil to those and the other o-rings and try gassing it back up. It's probably just a matter of getting the o-rings to set in.

krafty
10-12-2001, 09:37 PM
Alright... gonna disassemble it a bit tomorrow and oil some o-rings. :) I've already cycled the valve a few hundred times (with about 3 drops of oil in the closest fitting), but it still wants to leak. Gonna play with it on Sunday, so we'll see how "set in" I can get the thing! Yay!

(Note to Booyah... Better hope you're on my team! :D )