PDA

View Full Version : i just ordered my gun and im excited

tranzformer
06-15-2004, 09:27 PM
yea i just ordered my A-5, and i need some help about the barrel. Im pretty set on getting the flatline for it since i play mostly woodsball. However i also need a smaller barrel for clearing out houses when we play in a mock town. so do u guys think i should just keep the stock barrel for this job or should i go with the Bigshot 7.5 in?? http://www.lapcopaintball.com/pix/a5/a58_ad.jpg let me know what u guys think

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
06-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Go for it , i had a big shot on my tippmann, large bore size and it rocked, i found it accurate

dwab3000
06-15-2004, 09:38 PM
i dont really like the big dhot...look into a small j&j barrel maybe...maybe even a nice empire twister..i have had both on an a-5...

space_weazel_45
06-15-2004, 10:06 PM
NO not another flatline! yes the ball will go further but with a wonky trajectory and most likely wont break when it gets there, I like the big shot’s but have found a 10” jj to suit most any need and if it’s the look your after then slide some pvc painted black over it.

On a side note yes I have an A-5 yes I have owned a flatline

tranzformer
06-15-2004, 11:11 PM
im still going with the flatline, from what i read it is the best barrel and the most accurate. there is no arguing that

barrel break
06-15-2004, 11:22 PM
well, M98 flatlines are good, but im not too fond of the A-5 one... almost no porting...

anyway, all lapco and JJ barrels are great!

Stix
06-15-2004, 11:22 PM
I have the flatline... it's only 10 inches to begin w/, so by going shorter I'm not sure how much profile decrease you'll get.

tranzformer
06-15-2004, 11:30 PM
well, M98 flatlines are good, but im not too fond of the A-5 one... almost no porting...

anyway, all lapco and JJ barrels are great!

both flatlines are based off of the same technology, dont know why there would be much of a difference

mcdkid
06-16-2004, 12:10 AM
if i were u i would look into getting an armson barrel, i use one on my mag( i play every type of field) and honestly, for the price u can't go wrong

FalconGuy016
06-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Oh jesus, make the noobness stop

Flatlines::

-A5 Flatline > M98 Flatline
Advantages: A5 flatline doesnt break balls at high ROF

-No, it is NOT the most accurate barrel, and definitly not the best. If you need it for your style of play, go for it ... but... dont make dumb assumptions.

-Trust me, the length of your barrel is negigible to the 7.5 inch and the flatline. You can "clear houses" just as well with a flatline as you would with a 7.5 inch barrel. At such close ranges there is no difference in performance really.

Its good that you are getting into paintball, but, I have a challenge for you. Play once or twice before posting again

Automaget
06-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Oh jesus, make the noobness stop

Flatlines::

-A5 Flatline > M98 Flatline
Advantages: A5 flatline doesnt break balls at high ROF

OMH you stop the noobness theres no diffrence between the m98 flatline and the A-5 flatline they both do the same thing, i dont know why people think the flatline breaks at high ROF when its just like any other barrel when balls go though it. just run over to the tippmann forum and they will tell you what i just said.

teufelhunden
06-16-2004, 08:49 AM
im still going with the flatline, from what i read it is the best barrel and the most accurate. there is no arguing that

ROFL. :nono: There's plenty of arguing it. If the technology in the Flatline was so great, don't you think it'd have made its way into other markers by now, other than the no-longer-produced Flatline 'Cocker?

The Flatline is probably the best piece of gimmick equipment in paintball. Tippmann did an excellent job preying off new ballers, letting them think they can be snipers with the Flatline. Hate to break it to you, but a) paintball snipers don't exist and b) the Flatline does let you shoot further, but outside of the effective range of a paintball gun. Meaning no breaks on target. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find videos of people catching shots out of a Flatline.

slasherdan
06-16-2004, 10:39 AM
I can understand the arguements against the Flatline. It isn't the best overall barrel. If you play woodsball though it does give you the advantage of a flat trajectory. Forget about the range .... yeah you do have a better range but it's the flat trajectory in the woods that you really want. When you move out to a large field, it looses it's one advantage and just becomes another barrel.

If it works for you, great.

Here's my view on if a barrel is good. If paint goes in one end and comes out the other ... great!!!

I've used the flatline on both my 98 and my A-5 .... If you think these barrels play on the cords on new players then you should look into the Hop-Up barrel for the Warsensor WS-66, where they claim two grooves in a barrel will give the ball the same spin as a flatline. Or the Cooper-T Flatline bolt ....

I like the flatline because it helps my woodsball game. When I play a scenario I try to avoid the large open areas because I loose my advantage.

If I'm going to be playing in the large Field area's I break out my RT ... :shooting:

NOW FOR THE OTHER PART ....

If you're looking for a good short barrel I suggest taking you stock barrel and cutting it down to 6 inches. The close quarters fighting that goes on doesn't require you to have a SUPER accurate barrel. Plus the A-5 will sound like a cannon going off and scare the crap out of your opponents!!!! I almost made a kid piss himself one day. He and his friends jumped straight into the high when I snuck behind them and opened up from 15 feet away.
:rofl: