PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Mag

lord1234
06-16-2004, 09:00 AM
hey guys...its been talked about before but now someone has done it with description

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=537456

JesseB
06-16-2004, 10:11 AM
hey guys...its been talked about before but now someone has done it with description

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=537456

I personally don't think this is a good idea. But I have never been real supportive of frankenstein home made guns.

slade
06-16-2004, 10:24 AM
hmm, this may become common soon... what should we call this conversion? the spyd-e-mag?

tyrion2323
06-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Seen it before, but it's definitely a cool idea.

Jacob

barberjohn
06-16-2004, 03:32 PM
wow, thats tight. especially if you get the t-board to go with it, 36bps and eyes for under 200! but i guess you are screwed if something goes wrong :( .

RtDaNiMaL
06-16-2004, 03:38 PM
it would be cool, but like barberjohn said you would be screwed easily, it a part breaks, there are no spyd--e--mag as we now call it replacement parts.

DaNiMaL CaRsOn

jesseyo13
06-16-2004, 03:44 PM
thats a great idea, the instructions are terrible though. I dont understand what he did to the sear

shivors
06-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Why waste a perfectly good Spyder by putting a PoS mag body on it?

Wow...look....I can be a mindless oaf too!

Yippy this is fun.

tonybhall
06-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Hello all,

That's my thread that is talked about in this thread. My team mate daniel did the mod. This is to reply to a couple of comments here.

First, I like the name spyd-e-mag. That's funny.

This mod is different from the ones that were done before because it is much simpler. We got this idea from another post here. But in that mod, the guy did a lot of custom work to the spyder frame including turning the selinoid around. Daniel greatly simplified the process.

sorry some thought my instructions were terrible. I still don't have pics of the internals. when daniels pc is back up he may post some. it's hard to describe without pics but some people have gotten the general idea. if you've ever seen or know how a spyder trigger frame works, it's real easy to figure out.

As far as the comments about being screwed easily. I don't understand that. First, there are no changes made to the actual mag except for the sear. Get another sear from agd and you can change back to a mech mag in a matter of a few minutes if you need too. Second, all the internals to a spyder trigger frame are pretty cheap and easy to replace. For that matter, so is the entire trigger frame. You could do this mod 3 times for cheaper than a hyperframe or the soon to be released hAir trigger.

sounds like a good deal to me, but to each his own.

and shivors, I hope your comment was a joke, otherwise it doesn't even rate a reply. :D

shivors
06-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah it was a joke. Just a lil payback for gimps talkin smack.

barberjohn
06-16-2004, 09:00 PM
As far as the comments about being screwed easily. I don't understand that. First, there are no changes made to the actual mag except for the sear. Get another sear from agd and you can change back to a mech mag in a matter of a few minutes if you need too. Second, all the internals to a spyder trigger frame are pretty cheap and easy to replace. For that matter, so is the entire trigger frame. You could do this mod 3 times for cheaper than a hyperframe or the soon to be released hAir trigger.

well, remember that you are talking to mag owners here. we arent used to ANYTHING breaking :D .

tonybhall
06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
well, remember that you are talking to mag owners here. we arent used to ANYTHING breaking :D .

as a mag owner myself, I understand that. But considering how affordable this mod is, I think it's worth the risk. Besides, from what the "spyder people" are telling me, they don't have problems with the trigger frames. If they have a problem it is more likely to be with the valve or some other part of the marker.

Mag Master 04
06-16-2004, 09:32 PM
lol, looks odd... that trigger looks a little rough, learn to use a dremel :tard: j/k! hey man send her out for anno and post her back up

Xyxyll
06-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Also, the Kingman ESP frames are pretty good frames. Sometimes it's surprising to hear "Kingman" and "good" in the same sentence, but this frame has set a base for modifying and customization. It works great stock, and can work even better modified.

zacbot
06-16-2004, 09:50 PM
i just dont understand how he got the sear assembly to work correctly:-/.

Destructo6
06-17-2004, 12:21 AM
i just dont understand how he got the sear assembly to work correctly:-/.
Yes, and that there are no images doesn't help. I'd like to see the modified Automag sear alone and how the Spyder sear interacts with the Automag sear.

There's another one floating around where the Spyder solenoid is reversed, so it pushes toward the rear of the frame.

Need detailed pictures.

Enemy
06-17-2004, 02:18 AM
odd how anything to do with mags gets flamed on pbn but talk of putting a spyder frame on a mag and all the flaming goes away.. anyways good job i dont see how you did it but with pics i can understand.. ask your buddy if he can try this with the old pmi e frames they have a much better trigger set up than the spyder frames but thats just a thought.

shivors
06-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Also, the Kingman ESP frames are pretty good frames. Sometimes it's surprising to hear "Kingman" and "good" in the same sentence, but this frame has set a base for modifying and customization. It works great stock, and can work even better modified.

Why is that? There is no reason to be an elitist asshat. Kingman has made good markers for many many years. I have three of them and they all run perfectly.

tonybhall
06-17-2004, 06:51 AM
Hey Guys,

Please don't turn my thread into a Kingan vs ???? flame waiting to happen thread. Thanks.

As far as having this annoed or doing it with another type frame: Daniel did this mod to get better performance out of his mag. I don't think he cares about having it annoed, or what the trigger looks like or trying it on another frame. He really just did this us and we thought we'd share it.

As soon as he gets his pc back I will get him to post pics of the sear. I would do it but he lives about an hour away from me. He should be back up and running my next week and will be able to handle any questions that I can not and post some pics.

BTW, the one where the guys turns the solenoid around requires a lot more work.

:D

Chipper
06-17-2004, 07:03 AM
How come none of you guys responded this well to the last 3 threads about this? :confused: Do you not like my threads? :cry: J/King! But yeah, I want to see a way that I could give a frame and my mag to someone and have them do it for me, cause I would just mess it all up.

barberjohn
06-17-2004, 10:03 AM
im sorry if this has already been asked, but what is this frame going for? if we want one can we just send you the money and you send us the frame? also, do yall have access to T-boards if we buy a frame from you?

desslock
06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
hey Tony I think your idea is great I too was wondering what the big deal on "broken parts" is. Most peeps here started on a classic valves then either bought or did a trade in for the x valve. When you trade in ur old valve all agd wants is the valve no bolt no elbows no body and no sear. When the x valve comes out it has a sear and pin. Therefore unless the majority of x valve users bought it w/out the trade in then they should have 2 sears/pin sets. All you do is remove the rod and file away some body of the sear? If you F it up real bad just replace/buy a new sear and rod and back to mech mag you go. whats the big deal? frankenstein guns are fun! Tony Im awating some pics and more detailed instrctions once ur buddy's pc is back up & running, I for one cant wait to try this bad *** mod out! Thanks again for the info T !!!

tonybhall
06-17-2004, 12:09 PM
im sorry if this has already been asked, but what is this frame going for? if we want one can we just send you the money and you send us the frame? also, do yall have access to T-boards if we buy a frame from you?

New ESP Spyder frames are about $90.00. I have seen them for as little as $50.00 used. Prices do not include a charger.

Daniel has not decided if he will be doing this mod for others yet. He will decide after he does mine and has a better idea how much time will be involved and how much he would have to charge to make it worth his time but still affordable for our fellow mag lovers.

He or I will be getting back with each person that asked by pm and posting info here as we know more.

Also, I think it would be better for each person to send the parts instead of Daniel ordering them for you. This way he is not taking on too much liability and overhead. As for getting a t-board. That mod is basicly a drop in. He would probably just mod the frame. If you wanted a t-board, you could put one of those in yourself.

tonybhall
06-17-2004, 04:49 PM
***Update, Daniel is getting his PC back this evening and may be back online as early as tonight or tomorrow. I will defer any future comments concerning this mod to him unless he asks me to field any questions. Thanks everyone for your interests.

tonybhall
06-20-2004, 08:09 PM
********NEW UPDATE**********

I talked to Daniel today. I gave him the stuff to do the mod on my mag. He plans to take pics of each step of the process and post them here when he is done. He said he wanted to post the pics from mine because he thought he could do a better job on it now that he knows exactly what he is doing. He should be done in a few days. Expect an update from him with new pics and video by in about a week.

Also, I shot his today. It is so much faster than it was when we shot the video. He did a modification to the micro switch making it a lighter trigger pull. Now, out running the stock board in the spyder trigger frame is childs play. We will have to get a T-board and see how fast we can get it up to.

Thanks for everyone's patients.

tonybhall
06-20-2004, 08:18 PM
update 2
another update.....

I realized that I omited one step in my description of this mod. It has now been updated and can be seen on the first page of

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread....975#post5851975