PDA

View Full Version : An interesting thing which happpened to me while cleanig one of my automags

Dude
10-12-2001, 06:48 PM
First, I'd like to say that I am not angry, I am just a little dissapointed.
While cleaning my marker so that I could play on saturday, I took the mainbody, with the valve still in it off of the black rail. I had previously pulled the trigger several times to make sure that no more air was left in the chamber. While looking down at the bottom of the valve I pulled the valve from the mainbody steel housing. As soon as the on/off valve emerged from the mainbody tube it shot out from the gun, hit me in the forehead, leaving a small gash where it had hit, richocheted off the cieling and landed behind some shelves. The bad part about this is that I probably lost an on/off valve, which might make play tomarrow not as fun as it would be with the on/off valve because that's one less automag that we can use to play.
My Question about this is, why didn't the marker's manual clearly warn that this could happen? because I almost seriously damaged or lost an eye. I'm not angry, I just want to know.

ralicea
10-12-2001, 07:05 PM
Dude,

Your mag had air in the valve:confused: Was the hose disconnected from the valve when you took it apart?

Dubstar112
10-12-2001, 07:12 PM
never happened to me, nor ever heard of it happening

SIGSays
10-12-2001, 07:22 PM
i agree with dub

21caballer
10-12-2001, 07:23 PM
i have had the same thing happen to me. it does not happen if you make sure there is no preasure to the valve. don't take this the wrong way but it is more user error than something the company has to look at. now why didn't your gun degass the whole way? Is it completly stock? if you changed the rod length or have an aftermarket trigger that could be causing it. all i do to stop this is remove the gass line, i have a maxflo tank so i can not remove that, or use something to press in on the trigger rod and get that last shot off. i have a aftermarket trigger, i am planning on using the intellaframe and hopefully it will rid this problem.

X-Plosive
10-12-2001, 08:20 PM
has happend to me before. Except the on/off flew out and then the on/off pin hit me right under the eye. Left a red mark but it is semi user error. It happened to em when i was new with mags. I was talking while cleaning(bad idea). Anyway I thought it was degassed and I unscrewed the main body. I then saw the on/off pin sticking out so i depressed it and slit the valve out only to have it all fly out and the on/off pin hit me. It was defiently user error but the thing is that there is not enough pressure to fire but it his still putting pressure on the on/off. It's rather silly so get over it. It is however very dangerous. Just becareful and remember to fully degass the gun next time. I bought a q/d and slidecheck for my raptor so that it would NEVER happen again.

E==Mag MAN
10-12-2001, 08:34 PM
LOL i thought i was the only loser to eva do tat guess not.Happened to me the first time i cleaned my gun.I got hit rite in the center of the nose there was a bleeding square on my nose i looked like a retard lol.

Dude
10-12-2001, 09:09 PM
I know that I should have been more careful to get all of the air out of the valve, but it appeared that I had. I just think that it should be in bold writing someewhere in the manual that this can happen.

jah871
10-13-2001, 12:03 AM
it happened to me once but hasnt happened since i dunno what caused it

slayer
10-13-2001, 10:47 AM
You can also wear, eye protection if you are afraid of a recurrence, with the problem

gam-e
10-13-2001, 12:15 PM
its never happened to me, but i do distinctly remember reading in the manual to "always wear eye protection when opperating or cleaning a marker" it probably says paintball approved eye protection, so i would think that they knew that this could happen.

Dion

FDB1
10-13-2001, 12:31 PM
disconnect the hose and turn off the air before u clean ur gun...

PyRo
10-13-2001, 05:13 PM
This just means your o-rings are sealing really well, and not letting all the excess air out :)
From now on, point the on-off at the floor, not are your head :). You can also hold your hand under it. For now get a medel detector and go to work :)

MajorDamage
10-13-2001, 08:02 PM
I always shoot my gun after turning the tank off, making sure there is barely any air left in the gun, then take off the quick disconnect to let out the rest of the air. Do that! hehe

ENDO!