PDA

View Full Version : concerning cheaters in paintball

eNder159
06-16-2004, 02:07 PM
....you know i read alot of posts about cheating and wiping and what not...what im thinking to curb this is they should state severe punishment for people caught ...ie: the whole team forfeits the game for one person caught cheating...and loses all their points ...one or the other what do you guys think

Blazestorm
06-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Then we wouldn't have any professional teams playing :D

But really, I get sick of cheating, the easiest way to fix that would be to have more refs, instead of pulling teams, train refs and pay them. get 20 on the field for a 10man and have them in the middle of the action, not on the sidelines.

teufelhunden
06-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Or, people could get over it and tourneys could organize themselves like other sports leagues have... hacking someone in basketball is 'cheating' as it's against the rules. Hence, you are called and the other team gets the ball or shots. Clipping in football results in 15 yards. Crosscheck in hockey and get 2 minutes.

Besides, there's already the 141, 241, etc..

Don't see people whining and complaining about 'cheaters' in other sports [other than the roid guys, although thats completely different]... why is it always going on in paintball?

vonort
06-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Because nobody enforces the rules that are on the books. And the penalty isn't that bad even if they did enforce it. What a one for one if you get caught wiping. It should be a 3 or 4 for 1 depending on the team size. Know that might make a guy on a 10 man think twice. Hey if I get caught and they enforce the rule we loose 1/2 our team. If 2 guys on the same team do it.. then the whole team is gone.. I like that idea. Now just get the refs to quit letting their favorite teams get away with it and we are in business.

teufelhunden
06-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Unbalanced reffing is a part of every sport.

441? Are you joking? If you actually thought about it, pulling a teammate and the offending player is technically equal... the player was shot out and played on, meaning that if he stayed in, the opposition would need to shoot out 11 guys in a 10 man game. Therefore, by pulling him and a teammate, it's back to the 10 it should be.

eNder159
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Unbalanced reffing is a part of every sport.

441? Are you joking? If you actually thought about it, pulling a teammate and the offending player is technically equal... the player was shot out and played on, meaning that if he stayed in, the opposition would need to shoot out 11 guys in a 10 man game. Therefore, by pulling him and a teammate, it's back to the 10 it should be.

ya that sounds like a good idea...makes sense to ...but also the idea that the quality of reffs should be enforced..cuz seriously i think that once these gray spots are covered...paintball would be better received

Lethargic
06-16-2004, 02:31 PM
All I have to say is the NPPL does it right. Trained, paid refs, and lots of them. If you ever want to play a truely spectacular Tourney, try to make it to NPPL Huntington Beach next year. Easily the best run, and best attended (70,000 or so spectators over the 3 days) tourney I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

I personally love how the people complaining the most about "rampant cheating" in the tourney leagues are the ones who have never gotten past the rec-ball fields. :rolleyes: Here's an idea: PLAY the game before you judge it. I have yet to see players get away with cheating in the NPPL. The abundance of refs makes wiping, playing on, and overshooting very rare occurances. And when they do occur, the team is swiftly punished. I'd like to see the woodsball game that could offer the same guarantee.

So Vonort, get off your high horse. You are preaching about something you obviously havent experienced. You can assume you know all about tourney paintball, but if you ever went out a played the game, you'd realize that the majority of REAL tourney players (not the wannabees) don't have to wipe, play on, or use cheater boards. They have the skills to do it all by themselves.

1ofkind
06-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Hmm, I think you should just shoot the guy more than once... I'm so sneaky I always hit people from directions they never saw it comeing from. Anyway they always whipe there hits off if they didn't see me. I noticed if you hit them 3 times on the third splater they walk off.

(Me) So kiddies, what are you going to do next time you see a guy?

(kiddys)> Hit him 3 times atleast Mr.1ofkind!

(me) dddaaaattsss right! Durf!

(kiddys). hahaha, Mr.1ofkind your so silly.

:cheers:

brianlojeck
06-16-2004, 02:47 PM
and as far as cheating in other sports, consider this little snippet from the Laker's Radio Pregame show last night (I'm paraphrasing what the DJ said):

" When the ref throws the ball for tip-off, the players have to wait til it starts to come down before they touch it. Shaq has, for the entire season, grabbed it as soon as it goes over the Ref's head. In the finals they have called a penalty on his for this in every game, and it's hurting the Lakers."

Imagine a paintball player saying "I wipe in every game I'm in, and they have started calling penalties on me for it recently. It's really hurting my team."

Cheating is an accepted part of every pro sport. Jordan, Ewing, and Shaq all Travel(ed) during a dunk. Every lineman in the NFL holds illegally on EVERY play. Hockey players routinely talk about how often you get speared with the butt end of a stick, but that's not supposed to happen. Many great boxers did more damage with their head then with their hands

It's just paintball that seems to call it a problem. ;-)

(and no, I don't cheat. cheating at recball is truly pathetic.)

1ofkind
06-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Geez don't let cheating go over our heads... Fact is people chose to do it, and do it heh.

Bulldog
06-16-2004, 03:07 PM
I think there should be a tower at each corner of the field, with a guy inside armed with a beanbag shotgun. They spot someone cheating, they drop 'em like a bag of dirt. I think it would add imensely to popularity of the sport and it's ability to get on TV. :D ;)

chairman_mao
06-16-2004, 03:20 PM
I think there should be a tower at each corner of the field, with a guy inside armed with a beanbag shotgun. They spot someone cheating, they drop 'em like a bag of dirt. I think it would add imensely to popularity of the sport and it's ability to get on TV. :D ;)

Your ideas intrigue me do you perhaps have a newsletter that I may subscribe too?

Bulldog
06-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Your ideas intrigue me do you perhaps have a newsletter that I may subscribe too?

:D I'll put you on the list.

SlartyBartFast
06-16-2004, 04:19 PM
:D I'll put you on the list.

Just make sure it's the right list! :wow:

Don't want to make THAT mistake again. :ninja:

Cheeseball24
06-16-2004, 04:25 PM

:rofl: lmao :rofl:

penguinpunk555
06-16-2004, 07:22 PM
I have come to the conclusion wiping is more apart of the game then ever I will openly say I wipe occasionaly am I ashamed somtimes. It is common now days. Get over it. You won't stop it untill you get a ref on every player.

barrel break
06-16-2004, 07:29 PM
as long as there is money involved, there will be cheating. but cheating in rec-ball is pathetic..

It's not just tourney's that have rampant cheating... The last big game I attended, there was so much cheating going on, and so few refs, that I just went vigilante, when i saw someone wipe, i just lit em up...

as to overshooting- with todays super high ROF's what IS overshooting? just playing speedball (recreational, no tourney) I routinly get shot by more than 5 balls...

FallNAngel
06-16-2004, 07:30 PM
You won't stop it untill you get a ref on every player.

I think that's complete BS. People cheat because they can get away with it. "Let's see... if I wipe this hit the worst that will happen is me and a teammate drop...but if no one catches me we could win this big tournament." The whole mentality of it is completely retarded. I for one, am very sick of hearing "It's only illegal if you get caught" or "It's here to stay, get over it".

I agree with the more severe punishments for wiping. If you wipe, your team gives up the game, irregardless of body count at the time and the other team gets full points. You do it again, your team is out of the tourney. You make it through the tourney and someone comes forward with video evidence that you cheated, same thing. The people that cheat do it because they think it's no big deal and the penalty for doing so is rather minor...

Lohman446
06-16-2004, 08:41 PM
The penalty in wiping in PSP is a 3 for 1 penalty.

I one time, as much as fooling around told my team as we walked onto the field "regardless of what happens, I am shooting Brian (one of my friends on the other team who had got me earlier in teh day) so if you get pulled for me playing on, don't argue, just go with it" My point is, sometimes its no abotu the money, and sometimes you accept your actions, you accept the outcome of your actions, and you deal. BTW - I got him before he got me that game, so we were even and yes it was a tournament, and it was finals.

Won Hunglo
06-16-2004, 08:54 PM
If you are not cheating you are not trying. I like to pull a J. Salm from the side lines. (Sniping:hail: )

coolcatpete
06-16-2004, 09:00 PM
The penalty in wiping in PSP is a 3 for 1 penalty.

I one time, as much as fooling around told my team as we walked onto the field "regardless of what happens, I am shooting Brian (one of my friends on the other team who had got me earlier in teh day) so if you get pulled for me playing on, don't argue, just go with it" My point is, sometimes its no abotu the money, and sometimes you accept your actions, you accept the outcome of your actions, and you deal. BTW - I got him before he got me that game, so we were even and yes it was a tournament, and it was finals.
your one crazy person, I would not make any sacrifices like that just to get one person out.
Pete

Lohman446
06-16-2004, 09:05 PM
It was a small tournament.. and I really dont care who wins or looses, or how we place. Normally I play with whatever team will accept that :). Though, sometimes I go with the intent of playing seriously... once in a great while

coolcatpete
06-16-2004, 09:09 PM
It was a small tournament.. and I really dont care who wins or looses, or how we place. Normally I play with whatever team will accept that :). Though, sometimes I go with the intent of playing seriously... once in a great while
I got it thats coo. Much respect.
Pete

tony3
06-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Wiping isn't that big of a deal in national tournies, but playing on is, for sure. I've seen lots more people play on then wipe. Playing on gets you a 1 for 1 unless you change the outcome of the game, then its a 2 for 1, wiping is a 3 for 1. Most of the time for playing on you will get a 1 for 1, if you can play on but take a few people on the other team down with you and then call yourself out whats the big deal? Playing on I think should be a 3 for 1, just like wiping.

FallNAngel
06-16-2004, 11:40 PM
I agree and don't really see how it's any different. Either wipe the hit and suffer a 341 or don't even blink an eye, keep playing and only get a 141...

elpimpo
06-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Or, people could get over it and tourneys could organize themselves like other sports leagues have... hacking someone in basketball is 'cheating' as it's against the rules. Hence, you are called and the other team gets the ball or shots. Clipping in football results in 15 yards. Crosscheck in hockey and get 2 minutes.

Besides, there's already the 141, 241, etc..

Don't see people whining and complaining about 'cheaters' in other sports [other than the roid guys, although thats completely different]... why is it always going on in paintball?

i didnt read all the post so im going to pick on you.

read the rules bud, wiping is a 3 for 1 playing on is a 2 for 1 unless you end up changing the games turn out then its a 2 for 1