PDA

View Full Version : The reg issue, setting it straight

belligerant1
10-12-2001, 08:25 PM
i hear alot of talk about how ppl don't need an aftermarket reg on their mag because the A.I.R. valve and the hpa tank reg do a good job. i am never gonna believe that as long as i live. i have facts to prove it also. ppl say it causes shootdown, assuming that the reg isn't overly adjusted to a lower pressure than necessary, it never has in any case that i know of, have seen, or shot. i've seen hypermags at 12 bps with a stock wgp cocker regulator,set to 500 psi without shootdown, over a chrono, and just by eye you can tell that the shots aren't dropping. i've seen a hyper retromag with a gen-x2 regulator set to 700psi on it at 16bps without shootdown. i've even seen e-mags with bottomline stabilizers on them at speeds above even the hypermag mentioned above without shootdown. all of these were shooting preset tanks at 800-850 psi output. i got my mag to 10bps with a mechanical trigger with a stock cocker regulator on it. now the next issue, mags are consistent over the chrono. i'm officially calling that a lie. i've never seen a mag shoot tighter than 20fps variance over a chrono unless it has a regulator on it. witha reg, my mag will stay within 5 fps all the time. and any other mag owner can't tell you different unless they lie, or have never tried a reg on their mag. so, unless you can come show me, and everyone that i've ever met who owns a mag ,that i'm wrong, and that they're wrong. please don't argue or flame my post.

udtseal
10-13-2001, 05:08 AM
ok...

Cha0tic
10-13-2001, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by belligerant1
i've seen a hyper retromag with a gen-x2 regulator set to 700psi on it at 16bps without shootdown. i've even seen e-mags with bottomline stabilizers on them at speeds above even the hypermag mentioned above without shootdown. all of these were shooting preset tanks at 800-850 psi output.

ok here we go. i am not flaming you, i am just giving you some information that you might have missed. you just mentioned a mag with a retro valve and an e-mag, which both have the retro valve in them. they are capable of shooting 26bps before shootdown occurs. regular mags, however, can have shootdown at 12bps(i believe).

i got my mag to 10bps with a mechanical trigger with a stock cocker regulator on it.

congradulations? what does that have to do with a reg? nice trigger finger by the way...

now the next issue, mags are consistent over the chrono. i'm officially calling that a lie. i've never seen a mag shoot tighter than 20fps variance over a chrono unless it has a regulator on it. witha reg, my mag will stay within 5 fps all the time.

hmmm...my mag stays around 5fps over the chrono. maybe you should clean your gun or somthing. i'm using a flatline, and a CLEAN gun. don't call people liars, you have not seen everyones mag shoot.

please don't argue or flame my post.

well, you posted your opinions. people will have dissagreements with it. just get some of your facts straight before you post.

ok, i'm starting to remind myself of shartley, with a lesser vocabulary though.

Dubstar112
10-13-2001, 07:57 AM
ok, if you dont want us to flame or argue it, then why did you post!!!:p

FDB1
10-13-2001, 12:28 PM
my gun with 68 flatline, good paint barrel match, and oiled, has around 3 fps fluctuations over the chrono or less

duffman
10-13-2001, 01:11 PM
i have done strings of 3 shots at 280.at the worst i have chronoed at +/-5 and that is with a mixes of paint.adding a third reg will choke the valve