PDA

View Full Version : Ano Question

flyinasian016
06-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Would it be possible to get my E-mag ano'd with a pearlesent(sp?) paint?

Blazestorm
06-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Annodizing is the process of stripping the metal with a special solution which eats at the dye material, then polished or sandblasted for whatever finish you want.

Then it is electrocuted to allow the aluminum pores to open up, then it is put into a hot dye solution depending on the color, then it is dunked into a cold water solution for closing the pores.

For different finishes different processes are used... for fading they apply the base color then they open the pores again and basically put part of the aluminum in the solution, and slowly dunk it to get the full color, causing the fade effect.

Different processes like splash anno, is applying the color you want the splash to be, then applying rubber cement in the spots they want that color to stay, then doing the color on top with that cement still in place, when the second color is done they remove the cement, and walla splash lines.

So in the end, you cannot use paint for anno :)

mobius
06-16-2004, 09:19 PM
You could, however, take it to someone to have it paintedin a perlescent paint. I'd check with autobody shops.

flyinasian016
06-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Well, would it be possible to get a perlescent ano??

Flow_Tech
06-16-2004, 10:38 PM
no..your basic ano colors are normal colors you see every day..if you want pearlescent,you have to get it painted on in an automotive type of paint,then have it clear coated..

Pickle
06-18-2004, 04:03 AM
Is there a metal that can not be annodized?

I am thinking of anodizing my Sight rail and front grip mount. They are stainless steel

Tunaman
06-18-2004, 05:26 AM
only aluminum can be annoed... ;)

Pickle
06-18-2004, 05:58 AM
I was afraid of that. :(