PDA

View Full Version : new to forums

wonk
06-16-2004, 10:20 PM
whats up everybody...im new and wanted to say hey and i have a few of questions to ask also

1) at what pressure does a RT pro mag(with X-valve) run off of? and what would be a good tank for this?

2) is the j&j ULE barrel any good?...quite?...accurate?

3)should i get a y grip or intelli?....im pretty sure im going to get a y grip it looks more comfortable

thanks

SlipknotX556
06-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Welcome!

800psi I believe, any nitro tank with an output of 800.

Dont have much experience with J&J barrels, I use a CP 2 piece on my timmy, love it.

Your choice on the grip, whatever you think is better.

Flow_Tech
06-16-2004, 10:29 PM
hey,Welcome to AO,you should find all the mag support you need here..to answer some of your questions

1.Generally mags run off of 750-850 PSI in most cases..the higher the input,the more reactivity you will get with the trigger,the lower imput,the less reactive,and it wont shoot under about 700 PSI input..for this i suggest eaither an HIGH pressure preset tank,or an adjustable such as a dynaflow or an Air-america armageddon

2.ive never used the J&J ULE barrels,but ive heard that they are not too good,then again ive heard that they are excellent,but eaither way,id suggest getting a new barrel,such as a DYE UltraLite or a Sanchez Machine barrel system..its all personal preferance

3.i would personally go for the Y-frame,it makes for comfortable shooting,and allows more of a compact setup,and it sets your wrist at an angel that is natural instead of tilted forward with a intelliframe..Both can be used for intellifeed such as warps or revvys..this is personal preferance as well

Hope this helps you out,and have fun with the mag

gc82000
06-16-2004, 10:31 PM
welcome to AO
1 750 psi
2 veryy good barrel
3 it is up to you

thump
06-16-2004, 10:31 PM
i also believe the pressure the x-valve runs on is 800-850psi.
as for the barrel kit,i dont know,i have a evil pipe kit and love it.will never own another barrel kit !!!!
the grip is up to you, i say you should try to find both grips and see what one feels better to you.is all about how your marker/grip feels to you.just cause i like one grip doesent meen you will also.try them both then make your choice.

SlipknotX556
06-16-2004, 10:33 PM
ias for the barrel kit,i dont know,i have a evil pipe kit and love it.will never own another barrel kit !!!!

Do you think the pipe kit is loud? I had a pipe on my timmy for one day of practice, sold it the next, it made my gun as loud as all heck.

Target Practice
06-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Howdy, and Welcome to AO.

1. Huh, I thought the was regulated down to something like 450-500. *shrug*.

2. Well, the stock ones are pretty good. More importantly, they're light. Woo lightness. Why pay for an Ultralight when you got one right there.

3. Damn, forgot the third question. Oh yeah, It just kinda depends on your style. I shoot an intelli, and I love it. JrnyFan1985 shoots a Y, and he loves his. Well, that maybe attributed to the fact that he rides the short bus to school every day. ( pwn3d! :dance: )

thump
06-17-2004, 12:10 AM
i dont find the pipe kit loud at all.
my friend has an emag with a freak kit and my pipe kit is no louder then his frwak kit.
it is louder then say my friends cocker but my mag was louder then his cocker before i put the pipe kit on.