PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many people hate mags...

AnArchist_1944
06-17-2004, 12:24 AM
when ever i go to a local feild in my area and i say hey i just built a mag and i tell them what i put togeter they scoff and say mags suck mags are dead and such and i dont know why. like cockers have been around just as long but people are in love with them well some anyways but i just put $800+ into my mag and these comments frighten me. :eek:

what do you guys think?

Enemy
06-17-2004, 12:48 AM
alot of people are ignorant.. they dont believe that a factory peice can be as good as it gets and thats what the mag is..just shake it off and gun for em the next game then ask em how come your crappy gun just helped you beat em!!!!!

Prezents
06-17-2004, 12:50 AM
I find it funny, most people making these comments have heard someone say that "mags suck" and it has stuck in his head. Most people making the comment have Never shot a mag. You cannot make a comment like this with out trying it out for your self.

HurtZ_dOunut-ryan
06-17-2004, 01:00 AM
people alot in paintball think averything in paintball is about looks

honestly what looks better an 03 wgp cocker or a stock automag?

that is what people go on let people know there are something called upgrades to make it look better if that is all they care about.

DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!!!!! :headbang:

Blazestorm
06-17-2004, 01:15 AM
When I finish my mag and tell my buds I have a mag.

First thing I'm going to hear is that mag's suck, even though our local tourney field uses them for rentals :D

I wanna see what they think of mags when I finish mine... :D

06-17-2004, 01:15 AM
This might help...

Q-Why do I always get made fun of at my field for using a Automag?

A-because you aren't giving them enough welts with it.

:D

Skoad
06-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Well i've owned both a classic mag and an emag. I don't hate them but I'm not really a big fan either, same with cockers. I just don't really like them all that much.

Here's how I felt about mags throughout using them.

Classic - I didn't think weight was an issue until I held it. Shortstroking/chops were not fun. Did shoot faster than my model 98.

Then I got my Emag - ULE definately a nice touch. Level 10 helped the chops. Again faster than previous setups.

(few months go by)

Level 10 is getting on my nerves, cannot get a good setup with it, always seems to have a baby leak somewhere, leaks even with the smallest carrier I had with all springs and shim configurations even after all orings replaced. Trigger went fubar, started not shooting until I pulled it at least 5 times. Always tried adjusting magnets and trigger pull, didn't seem to help. Promise of new awesome software just around the corner, will send in mag to get tuneup and new software when it comes out...they garantee it will rip!

(few weeks go by)

Well they canceled the new software I was waiting to come out, still leaks, doesn't even pinch paint all that often. Not satisfied, sold on AO forums.

Next purchase was my DM4. Not a single problem yet, not even the smallest leak. Has worked like a dream. Exactly what I want in a gun, shoots fast, no chops, nice weight/balance, no problems. Have only had it a couple months but my old emag in no way touches this thing.

Bottom line, I wasn't satisfied with my mags. History, whether experienced through myself or someone I know will probably always linger when I go to buy another gun. Like my roomate had a BKO for a short time. That thing was a mess, which is why I don't like them. Mags have a history that is going to be hard to wipe clean.

Automaget
06-17-2004, 07:27 AM
I think people hate mags because they look like beast out there and dont have all of this funky stuff flying in the wind like backblocks that move around and suposedly look cool wich its not very cool at all, But i guaenite that if you made the automag to look better more people would come to the automag name but untill then automag will be a much smaller buisness then all the rest, But in other news MY AUTOMAG IS COMEING IN THE MAIL YEAAAH :clap:

Dryden
06-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Posts like these keep coming up over and over again with more frequency, and all I can keep thinking is, if people are telling you your marker sucks, you should probably take your business to a different field where the jerks don't hang out.

I just played at an annual charity woodsball event this past weekend (The Bash), and I noticed two things that really surprised me. (1) 2 out of every 3 barrels was either an All American or Freak, and (2) 1 in 10 were using an Automag or had an Automag as a backup.

Don't fret the opinions of the 17-year olds with their Matrixes or Angels or DM4s - show them the working end of your Mag instead.

Butterfingers
06-17-2004, 08:45 AM
A person who dislikes has his own personal opinion... A person that hates has an agenda.

Dont worry about it most likely these people ar the types that brag about which one of thier barrels are bigger.

vonort
06-17-2004, 09:55 AM
It used to be that it was the Mag vs. the Cocker in the tourny scene. And the arguments were like Coke vs. Pepsi. Personally I have had both and enjoy both. Currently I have an '03 cocker. Next on the purchase list is a Tac-One. I think the Mag started to get a rep. of being a paint blender when the original RT came out. Now they have fixed that,, but people are not willing to forget the past. The Automag is still one of the best markers on the market IMHO. :shooting: :dance:

l33t sniper
06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
mags = different therfore mags = gay?

The Action Figure
06-17-2004, 10:13 AM
yeah my field was like that, until I shot out one of thier sponsored semi-pros who shot a dm4.

JimboRR
06-17-2004, 10:22 AM
All of the local tourney balls down here in Texas say mags suck because they chop, well i havent chopped once, and i can walk that thing faaast

The main prob is mags used to be pretty heavy and chop alot, but now with the ule they are much lighter, I've seen many good teams that all shoot mags. :)

Chronobreak
06-17-2004, 10:45 AM
i find if u go to the chrono and sweetspot it and pull of anice string u wont have any probs the rest of the day :D :shooting:

magking1971
06-17-2004, 10:57 AM
The answer is easy,
TWIBS think they are cool if they bash them.

captain stabbin
06-17-2004, 11:01 AM
I personally experience little harassmant in regards to my E mag. If you are getting shi*, next time ask the people WHY your mag "sucks".... the truth is, most people besides mag owners know NOTHING about the markers. I've owned every marker out there, and to be honest the sheer tininess and speed of my E mag plus the fact that i NEVER chop will always be first in my mind, regardless of what people might say.

smartfarts
06-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Honestly though... the rep is not all from ignorance.. tom hasn't really been promoting AGD as a dominant paintball company. When's the last time youv seen an AGD ad in a magazine, watched a mag vid NOt on AO, or (most importantly) seen a popular pro-team use mags? To do well in this industry you have to be loud and look very cool doing it. Tom's just not doing that.

Most people I ask don't know what an Xmag is, or Rogueworks, or what ULE stands for.. the mag they invision is a grey standard feed blender. That sort of mag, im sorry to say, IS dead. Tom needs to promote promote promote the new mags that nobody is paying attention to, to kill the rep.

Also, has anyone shot an emag side by side w/ a newer timmy, trix, or hi-end impulse? It doesn't compare to them. The E was way ahead of its time years ago when AGD released it but expecting that it remain so forever is a fallacy. It needs to undergo a major revamp. Look how many versions of timmies there are; the reason it stays at the pinnacle is because it kept evolving. Evolve, tom!

Right now all we have is "no-batteries". Mags are the BEST mech guns, hands down. Let the world know!

stip
06-17-2004, 11:27 AM
I've been playing with a mag for 5-6 years (can't remember :tard: ), and I'm really satisfy about it !
Ok, I'm only a Rec-player, so no competition. But my mag has never had a pb (hope it will go on :) ).
AGD proposes some new upgrade (often), instead of other firms that propose new marker instead of upgrade ! lol !! (no name ;) ). And I guess IT'S VERY IMPORTANT AND INTERESSTING !!!
The only 'bad side', is that WE (European players) aren't able to find easely AGD products and/or they are VERY expensive !

About the 'mag sucks' ... mhmm ... I thing it's a pb that can't be solved quickly. Think about some other brands (not in Paintball industry), and you will concluded that :
. even the brand is die or buy by another brand ...
. or they innove and after a long time they go back in front of the scene !

So, my conclusion is that this pb CAN ONLY BE SOLVED BY AGD HIMSELF !

This is a real marketing strategy : what about AGD picture in consumer minds ? How can AGD do to increased their market share ? Why young players don't like Mag - maybe they don't know the quality of mag- ? What about prices strategy ?
A lot of questions that the only answer is : " Please refer to Marketing AGD Department " !

Try to remind you the history of Macintoch / Apple vs PC ?!? Look in the past, look at the Apple strategy, and look at the results, today !

L8r

captain stabbin
06-17-2004, 11:44 AM
smart farts- i agree with your view on the fact that Tom isn't really promoting as he should, but hey- thats his decision. And for the record, ive shot my old Emag which had 3.2 next to Speeds and a nice classic (mine) and it shot much better in my opinion - Possibly because it had a perfectly tuned x valve and new software- but either way- it was gorgeous. It's all about the money you drop into the sport.

SanDiegoMag
06-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Only "Agg" people think mags are gay. My best friend HATES mags, but yet, ALL of his guns have had problems within short peiods of time. My mags have about 1 small leak, which I fix. Also, he CHOPS EVEN WITH EYES! I have a LvL 10 so no worries.

So basicaly "agg" people dont like them, but they dont know better.

jesseyo13
06-17-2004, 12:08 PM
I personally loved my mag, served me very well. But when I was looking into my first electro I immediately thought about the emag. But my only problem with the mag line is the efficiency, it was just costing me too much $. I had to fill up 4 times to go through a case on my 68/3000. So I was spending about 16$ just on air, then I got my ir3 and only had to fill up 2 times, only costing me 8$. But I still think that the mag is a force to be recond with. Most people judge the gun on the user too!

Dayspring
06-17-2004, 12:20 PM
And most if not all of the 2k2-2k3 series guns were completely the same. A 2k2 with SOB board is the same as a Lasoya with an SOB board as well as a Species with an SOB board.

The bodies changed. The gun didn't.

It wasn't until the 2k4 series came out (Alias, Empire, ND, Russian Legion, Dark) that significant changes were made. A new body does not a new gun make. (The WAS board is a different story, but even then- put a WAS board in all the timmies you want, they all shoot the same.)

Look how many versions of timmies there are; the reason it stays at the pinnacle is because it kept evolving.

FlawleZ
06-17-2004, 12:22 PM
I must be in the minority since all the semi-serious players at my field seem to respect my Classic RT. Most of them are younger guys or haven't been in or around the sport when mags and cockers ruled the tourney scene. Once I rapid fire at the chrono or even shoot 14-15 BPS without rapidfiring on a MECH gun, they seem to raise their eyebrows and think "Wow, I guess I DIDN'T know everything about paintball." I usually leave the field that day leaving them a new found respect for mags and mech guns.

FallNAngel
06-17-2004, 12:29 PM
or even shoot 14-15 BPS without rapidfiring on a MECH gun

Sorry, I'm calling shenanigans on that... unless you're using RT bounce or you have a DW prototype that none of us know about, there's no way you're pulling 14-15 on a mech. It's hard enough for people to do that on an electro without bounce.

Havoc_online
06-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Dont be a Trend Monkey. If you(the one who invested the money) like the mag, does it matter what anyone says?

I used to get crap everywhere I went. A few conversations later, no one even tries to assume they can dog mags around me.

When you take opinion and preference out of the conversation, and leave it upto the engineering, you can show them how ignorant they are.

coolcatpete
06-17-2004, 12:32 PM
It doesnt matter, just show them on the field why you and your mag are cooler than them.

captain stabbin
06-17-2004, 12:34 PM
I can walk my E mag with X VALVE and 850 Input at about 11 bps in MECH mode, im trying to get a video up somehow but the time just isn't here. 14 or 15 ... hmm.... but hey, maybe with ULT and an X VALVE and 900 input its possible.

evan123
06-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Why do people hate mags......

Because there jealous that your gun works everytime you go while they twiddle with there guns.

Dryden
06-17-2004, 01:24 PM
The main prob is mags used to be pretty heavy and chop alotI understand what you mean, but I don't agree with it, at least not everything. The problem isn't that Mags used to be heavy, but rather it's that Mags stayed heavy for 10 years. AGD should be very proud of their history of producing quality, innovative products, but the problem, as I see it anyway, is that the products either hit the market too early or too late. The original Mags' ROF was without compare for nearly all of the '90s, and it took everything else (compressed air, aggitated/force feed loaders) a long time to catch up. AGD set the bar so high with the ReTro. The original Mags' weight was actully very light considering the alternatives of the day. PMI-3/VM-68 anyone? But the ULE bodies and aluminum valves are about 3 to 4 years too late.

The 'blender' problem is a totally different beast, and as near as I have ever been able to tell since I started playing in the late-80s, is 99% attributable to user error, most commonly either short-stoking/double feeding or breaking the old wire-type nubbins that would obviously pose a problem for a paintball. It's now 7 years since I've owned my MiniMag, and the only two times it's behaved like a blender were the result of a sheered wire nubbin that partially obstructed the breech. I've never experienced a random ball chop problem, nor have any of my friends (we own 5 Classics and 3 RTPros amongst us). Though we all have the Level 10 bolt kits now, I personally believe that the plastic nubbin was a far greater technological achievement and 10 years overdue!

The final complaint, and it's always been a fair one I guess, is that Mags are dull, boring, and/or ugly. The design is so simple and perfect, and the thing always works, so that just about any non-AGD aftermarket part is almost guaranteed to make things worse. Outside of the Auto Response frame, there wasn't a really neat upgrade that a Mag owner had to have until about two years ago. Of course, now we finally have tons of goodies to pimp out a Mag with as much bling as we each can afford, but the only people who know this are the ones who visit AO.

jesseyo13
06-17-2004, 01:40 PM
dryden hit it on the head. THe only advertising I see AGD to is here on AO. THey need to put the pic of the new tac one and the new hair trigger over on pbn were everyone thinks mags suck.

Skoad
06-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Shoots fast as in faster then you can really pull? Does it have shot buffer and bounce setting and all that fun stuff? Can you adjust the trig to feather touch?

You can adjust the trigger, just like every other gun. It has "trigger sensitivity" which is basically a bounce setting.

And It will shoot faster than I can pull, but I can also shoot this faster than I could on my emag hands down. Which reminds me another reason I didn't like my emag was the trigger. The thing was so wobbly and sloppy, everytime you pulled the trigger it moved in a different direction.

FlawleZ
06-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Sorry, I'm calling shenanigans on that... unless you're using RT bounce or you have a DW prototype that none of us know about, there's no way you're pulling 14-15 on a mech. It's hard enough for people to do that on an electro without bounce.

What's so hard to believe about what I said? Have you seen Zak's video of him shooting 16 BPS NOT rapid firing? Yeah, I have an RT. That's why you can shoot it that fast.

shivors
06-17-2004, 06:27 PM
The same reason that people diss any marker. They are dumbasses....matter of fact there are a couple of AOers that are guilty.

tyrion2323
06-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Who cares what they say about mags?

If they're stupid enough to make ignorant comments like that, do you really even care about their opinions?

SlipknotX556
06-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Most of the time around here, when people see mags, they have seen in the past, them chopping. So they have only that one memory of a mag, because they dont take the time to look into what mags can do today.

PsychoBaller
06-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Lots of people Love mags, and lots of people hate mags...

But I think the people that hate mags are just insecure with themselves... so they have to bully those that they know are cooler than them :D

-da "yah I'm cool, wut of it?" baller

Enemy
06-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Also, has anyone shot an emag side by side w/ a newer timmy, trix, or hi-end impulse? It doesn't compare to them. The E was way ahead of its time years ago when AGD released it but expecting that it remain so forever is a fallacy. It needs to undergo a major revamp. Look how many versions of timmies there are; the reason it stays at the pinnacle is because it kept evolving. Evolve, tom!

show me one vid of somone firing their marker without full auto at any where near 20 bps...but on another subject... there are so many different mags out there.. the only thing tom does different is when he finds something better he puts it on his base gun.. ie .. xvalves are now standard on rts.. lvl 10 is standard with x-valve.. ule mainbodies standard on rt..all of the trigg frames can be put on a ule custom.. does bob long offer a classic timmie with the option of was a different grip frame or a better reg.. no he makes a new gun for it. the hatred behind mags is simple it isnt tinkerable thus apart from cleaning there is not much left to do.. that can be boring for the young no life hack that says mags suck!!!

rabidchihauhau
06-18-2004, 06:33 AM
omg - so much bull-speculating.

I've had a powerfeed mag for what, 10-11 years?

Its got a medusa frame, a level 10, one of the first ever gas-thru foregrips ever made for paintball, and one 'custom' mod (enlarging and aligning the gas passage between the reg and the valve of the A.I.R.).

It shoots extremely consistent strings - like 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298, 298... you get the idea.

Its been used all over the world and everywhere it goes, it gets the same reaction: 'what the f*** is that thing!?'

(pewter grips, extreme drop forward, brass barrel)

My answer is - go shoot it. They do. Then I always hear: OMG, its so freakin accurate, can I use it please?'

You can take all the electro bs you want, all the milling you want, but when you can't hit a toe across the field UNLESS you dump about 200 balls on it, I'll keep my mag.

It NEVER chopped. It did have shootdown in cold weather with co2. Its heavier than most these days, but then, I used to use a VM68 in tournaments, so this is LIGHT!

shorty13
06-18-2004, 07:04 AM
well i can't say that i have had the best history with mags. but i do admit the dumbest thing i have ever dpne was sell my ule mech mag. i had a few guns after that and just wanted another mag. so i bought a hyper frame mag and that was the worst decision i have ever made. no offence but the hyper frame sucks. i dont think that electro mags are really the best things in the world but like the x-mag is sweet. but i agree with many of you that mags hold up in the weather they shoot no matter what and just kick a**. (as long as they are mechanical ) :hail:

Flow_Tech
06-18-2004, 10:38 AM
all teh kiddies at my field are scared of me and my mag..heh,its pretty funny when you can outshoot WAS+ACE vikings and timmys with a mech gun,and yet,with no chops..me=LOVE mags.. :cheers: to tom for making a GREAT product

RenagadeOfFunk
06-18-2004, 11:30 AM
HERE IS YOUR ANSWERS!!!

1) Not many different choices...
-68 mag
-Minimag
-Rt
-Rt Pro/X-valve
...and bodies are just basically looks
2) Heavy unless you pay 200+ to lighten it (ULT/ULE stuff)
3) People would rather pay at once to get a light /fast gun
4) Bad reputation from stupid people (bad accuracy/can't shoot like intimidators/Angels/ect.)
5) Air Hogs
6) If you don't get eyes you get a lvl 10 (which you have to tinker with every case or two...and sometimes it still leaks/ask nato)
7) People don't like tubes?... ;)

...People (well most of them) want fast/sexy/consistant/low pressure/light/adjustable (electronics)/easy to use/easy to maintain (my intimidator is the hardest to so far, but its not "hard"...it just takes longer...but i don't need those 10 minutes anyway...ITS SUMMER!)/and no break (eyes/levlel10)...

...I love AGD so don't get me wrong...(thats why I had an RT Pro and a custom e-mag)

badmajik
06-18-2004, 11:36 AM
One of my friends uses a Spyder Imagine (Wal-Mart Gun), he tells me my mag sucks. I don't even bother telling him how great it is I just show him how great it is on game day.

Automaget
06-18-2004, 12:08 PM
I hate people like that who tell you that your gun sucks because its just plain mean to tell people and ignorent there buttholes for telling you that your mag sucks then screw them becuase they dont know what there talking about, I have 2 poeple fighting over the dumbest thing right now on whos impulse is better and its just plain stupid because neither one is going to budge on it so i just try and stay out of whos marker is better and just being mature about it and if I like my marker than i like it dont tell me that it sucks because you dont like it, I would just brush it off and say whatever.

drewrw
11-13-2004, 01:54 AM
I have a good solution next time someone says that just break their nose, then, shoot them in the nuts with the "sucky mag" lol

Target Practice
11-13-2004, 02:01 AM
I have a good solution next time someone says that just break their nose, then, shoot them in the nuts with the "sucky mag" lol

Wow, you're a jerk. Thanks for that wonderful post.

Enemy
11-13-2004, 02:12 AM
and that was the point of resurrecting an old thread!!!!im over joyed :sleeping:

Carbon
11-13-2004, 03:55 AM
Why do so many people hate mags...

the same reason why people hate:

Cockers
Angels
Impulses
Matrixes
Intimidators
Dm4's
Spyders
Tippmans
ect ect ect.

Stealthgerbil
11-13-2004, 02:15 PM
people alot in paintball think averything in paintball is about looks

honestly what looks better an 03 wgp cocker or a stock automag?

that is what people go on let people know there are something called upgrades to make it look better if that is all they care about.

DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!!!!! :headbang:
Honestly, I dont jduge a marker until it has all of the upgrades on it. Last time I was at the field I go to (PAP in MD), I saw two guys with e-mags, one was a blue karta, the other was a red ULE, and those mags looked just as nice as the most pimped out timmy.

Death From Above
11-13-2004, 02:26 PM
mags rock.... these people have never owned one or even shot one so what the hell do they know... next time someone says something ask them why they suck i'll bet they say something lame like they just do.... mags are flawless and if they are flawed AGD. fixes the problem.. try that with a cocker.. besides I played with a guy that had a cocker and used his mag as a backup but the cocker was always down.. he always played the mag. :shooting:

XSSPL
11-13-2004, 03:27 PM
I started playing back in '91 and I can personally attest that the mag was so far ahead of everything else out there that the aftermarket necessities (hoppers, and gas supply options to be exact) could not keep up or just weren't available.

A mag chopped paint mainly because the next ball didn't drop fast enough to be properly chambered. Why do you think the barrel was made with the quick lock??? - on the field quick squeegie. All markers back then chopped for whatever reason - everyone had a squeegie, hardly ever see them today.

I played with a loaded out VM68 magnum - that damn thing was freakin heavy and a GAS HOG... and I mean like 300-400 shots out of a 14 oz bottle. The mags were designed from the beginning with a valve set up dependant on reliable and relatively constant gas pressure and density, which as we all know is really freakin difficult with CO2. So any early day Mag owner will tell you that remote lines and expansions were not a luxury, but an absolute necessity. Once you had the gun set up right - they were unmatched on the fields.

I faught a god dang original design AutoCocker for 18 months until I just got so fed up with the constant tinkering and never ending upgrades that I finally gave up and went the complete opposite direction and got a Tippman Pro/AM (yes before the ProLite) added an 18" Smart Parts, ran remote just to lighten an already heavy *** marker and played woods ball tourneys for about 5 yrs and did very well both as a player and as a team member.

But... the whole time I was going up against these freakin fast as hell (then anyway) Mags - I mean, everyone had them. I really had to focus and play smart in order to have success. To tell the truth, when everyone began winning through sheer volume of paint thrown, I became increasingly "over the whole thing" and got out of paintball other than a few occasions from '99 to 2004.

I was rently drawn back into the sport, played two weekends with the Tipp and decided to get myself the Mag I'd always wanted. I did just that - Classic, 16" smartparts, remote, dual expansions - the gun I'd seen in a few hundred different hands back in the day...

Only problem is that I didn't do enough research before I purchased and wished I had, but oh well... I knew the game had changed with the eguns etc, but damn, now I need a $225 valve/bolt upgrade, a frame upgrade and a $150 HPA rig just to be "up to date". :rolleyes:

But here's the whole point to the story - even with my old Classic CO2 mag - I still manage to teach these new players a lesson or two on a consistant week to week basis. Not bragging, but even the "team players" at the local field were impressed with an old man's (29) success with a good old fashioned Mag. :headbang: You can have the fastest gun made, but if your movement and tactics aren't there - you will go down more often than not.

Bottom line - players win games, not the markers they hold.

B.A.M.
11-13-2004, 03:47 PM
As a wise man once said.
Its the player that makes the gun not the gun that makes the player which most people belive so they decide to get angles as there first guns. Actually at my field people who have impys angles and ect. all love Mags. they always want to shoot mine and what not :clap: :headbang: :p :p

yakitori
11-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Mags are great. Just like any apsect of life, there are always gonna be ppl who dont share a personal preference toward something, so they bash it and try to make it look bad to as many ppl as they can tell, cause that somehow satisfies them. Honestly ppl are easy to convince, and if they havent tried it personally and heard bad things about it, that makes them not want to try it out.

I have an emag that is plenty fast, and can compete w/ timmys, anything WASd, imps, shockers, nerves, angels, etc.

Emag is fast, reliable, low profile, doesnt chop w/ lvl X, has three modes. accurate, consistent, and all around great.

Ive not had any leaks yet, but the mag is such a simple gun to work on, that rebuilding them takes no time to do. In fact, Since I got an EmaX valve for my emag, I used my old emag valve and body to build a back up mag. Got an ULT, classic rail, emag body, a barrel, and everthing else for it, and BAM.......what a great gun.

They are such low maintenance too. Few drops of oil every time you play, and thats it.

ANd btw, how hard can it be to tune a lvl X, Its just an Oring and a carrier and shims, and some fine tuning. Not that hard to do. PPL act like it is rocket science. :cry:

I can fine tune my LVl X in less than 15-20 minutes.

I am going to be an AGD user for the remainder of my paintball "career". I love not having to worry about my guns.

AGDlover
11-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Most people are just ignorant and wont accecpt the fact that mag were the base gun of all other guns when AGD came out with a semi automatic gun it revolutionised the paintball world forever and still does. sure we may not have the newest stuff to date but AGD made a huge land-mark in paintball history.

FSU_Paintball
11-13-2004, 09:22 PM
It doesn't matter where you came from or what you've done in the past if you're not putting out a current product that most people would choose to own. Most ballers these days have been playing for less than 2 years, and started with an electro.

To sum up the answer to the question posed by this thread:

People hate mags because they assume they're still like they used to be, and because of their current shortcomings.

Compared to current guns, they USED to be slow, heavy, and chop lots of paint. Which isn't true these days, but that's still the rep.

Compared to current guns, mags are (with some definite exceptions) slow, inefficient, kick too much, and run high pressure (which some people don't like, even though they don't really know what they're talking about).

Of course, mags are also very reliable, don't chop, can be lightweight and low-profile, and are fast if set up properly. So most of the reasons people don't buy them can be thrown out the window as misconceptions.

tony3
11-13-2004, 09:44 PM
You guys can stop wasting your lives posting, this is from june...

hwayhzrd
11-13-2004, 10:08 PM
I say screw 'em.

Shoot whatever you prefer.

I hate marker snobs with a passion, and I see this along with the divide between Speedballers and Woodsballers to be one of the worst problems in the sport currently.

I shoot what I bloody well want to shoot. If they can't handle it, then DOOM ON THEM.

Try taking a Tippmann to a field. People really give you crap then.

MonsterMag
11-13-2004, 10:15 PM
they markers suck and they are jelious :D

SSMercury
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
You guys can stop wasting your lives posting, this is from june...

Nevah!

Although all I wanted to say has been said in the last 10 posts or so. :(

TheTramp
11-15-2004, 03:41 PM

You dug up this thread just to post this? :confused:

neilius1234
11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
well mags are a bad design, spring back??? what the hell is that, cockers are a way better design, and they look wicked cool, with the *****in backblock moving wicked fast.

Death From Above
11-16-2004, 11:17 PM
well mags are a bad design, spring back??? what the hell is that, cockers are a way better design, and they look wicked cool, with the *****in backblock moving wicked fast.

:cuss: who the hell does this guy think he is... hey neilius explain to us why mags are a bad design?? do you or have you even ever owened a mag.. how long did the set up on your cocker take ???? and by the way man its not about looking cool and spraying paint it about the game... neilius just in case you never actualy have seen a mag let me just tell you that the valve system with all the moveing parts in side the marker is a far easier to maintain with less problems over all..... i wolud say see you on the feild but my guess is you'll be fixing your cocker :shooting:

TheTramp
11-17-2004, 09:42 AM

Welcome to the forum......tool. :rolleyes:

Gr0dy
11-17-2004, 08:46 PM
well this is why i think, One person will tell there friends that mags suck cuz they dont like the look of it, then theyll spread it around and every one thinks they suck. But the truth is mags are one of the top guns out there, people do not like them true, but there better then most guns ive seen at my local field.

neilius1234
11-18-2004, 12:10 AM
my friend owns a mag, its a ULE body, intelliframe, SP barrel, and warp with a revvy.

every single game i play, his gun cant shoot right at some point (on off pin not returning, and other such things) and its not consistent, i have the most hardcore bruise from it that i got when i did a runthrough on the other dude on his team, and left my other player to deal with him, cause his cocker shoots when you pull the trigger.

and mags are just a bad design, sear *i know cockers have them, but they can be made so theyre increibly light and walkable* and the pull on his mag is just like a tippmann, and the one on my cocker can rip pretty good, even though its a mech with only a new ram and 3 way.

yeah. his mag looks really cool, and its light, but if you cant hit stuff reliably who cares it may has well be a cinderblock so you can bunker people with it effectivly, thats my "mechanical backup", but my cocker is fast, accurate, wicked easy to maintain, and only a retard that doesnt know cockers will say ths setuptime takes forever,cause i gas up my cocker and play all day, while my mag friend screws with the velocity for like atleast 30 minutes before a game.
Im not totally ragging on agd, tom is cool, he does tests and **** to prove stuff and posts it here *like the rifling thing, witch was interesting* and yeah, the x mag is kinda cool, well it would be, if it didnt have a battery big enough to start a bulldozer on the front of it.

Rallog
11-18-2004, 09:51 AM
and mags are just a bad design, sear *i know cockers have them, but they can be made so theyre increibly light and walkable* and the pull on his mag is just like a tippmann,

Man, I don't like this guy already... I've been a loyal tippmann user for years and should have my brand new automag rt pro sitting in my house when i get home today. I find NO problem with the pull on my a5's trigger.

but my cocker is fast, accurate, wicked easy to maintain, and only a retard that doesnt know cockers will say ths setuptime takes forever,cause i gas up my cocker and play all day, while my mag friend screws with the velocity for like atleast 30 minutes before a game.

Hmm... I know 3 people who uses cockers. Two of them cannot get them to work. They've had airsmiths work on them with no luck. Big bad problems. The third one loves his cocker, and it works great, but he acknowledges the fact that he has to put alot of time into it to keep it working properly, and hes definately not retarded, has a love for autocockers, and has been playing the sport for awhile.