PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading a minimag

phayt
06-17-2004, 01:23 PM
I have a minimag that I have played for a good many years and it always has been a quality gun. With the era of e-guns out, I find I am less in love with my marker than I have been in the past. I think it is time for me to spiff up the old girl and see what she can do. That, said, I would like to continue to shoot CO2 but would like to make every other change that I can to my marker. I see the x-mag valve requires Compressed air or Nitrogen, will the retro valve fire CO2? How about level 10, ULE trigger pull mod, ULE Body, etc?

So my question with the least amount of garble is, what is the max I can do to my minimag and still continue to shoot CO2?

Major Jam
06-17-2004, 04:01 PM
The X-Valve and RT valve require HPA. The ULE body will make your marker a few ounces lighter (you probably won't notice with that CO2 tank attached).

I would say get the level 10 if you are having problems with chops, you'll almost never chop again with a level 10. Your efficiency (less shots) will go down with a level 10.

I haven't tried the ULT trigger so I can't comment on that one.

BTW, welcome to Automags Online.

phayt
06-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Thank you very much for the welcome and for your answer.

dave_p
06-18-2004, 07:03 PM
best upgrade really is compressed air, but barring that...
level 10 and an intelliframe and bobs your uncle.

Blazestorm
06-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Steel tanks go for about 40-50, You can get some decent carbon fibers for 80-90 if you're lucky, I recommend PureEnergy or Crossfire tanks.

Other then that, LVL 10 and Intelliframe are good, then x-valve later on (Only difference between x-valve and retro is color and weight and x-valve comes with LVL 10)