PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon tank?

-=Squid=-
06-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Well... you all know what happened to me Conquest, so im stuck waiting on that to work out for a while now.

So... for the time being, im wondering if Armageddons are good? I can get a good deal on them, but do they have decent recharge? Good resale? Good looking? Will it perform well on my 04 viking?

All input is welcome. Are they really as long as they look?

devildog
06-17-2004, 10:49 PM
geddons are still the best tanks out if you ask me. they have great recharge, and still sell used for around 200 bones and up. every time i try other tanks, i always go back to the trusty good ol geddon. they are a little heavier than the competion, but are built like tanks.

i dont really know anything about the newest geddons, i dont even think they are out yet.

-=Squid=-
06-17-2004, 10:52 PM
can the arm be removed so I can use the bottle on another tank?

PsychoBaller
06-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Back when i first got my Automag RT in 96-7, I was running a Geddon. Kept that sucker running 900 into the RT all the time. Then 4 yrs later I got another Geddon (after that I got a Flatline but anyways). The guage wouldnt even budge when shooting. Easy to repair with an oring or two if ever a problem. Just had to deal with massive weight for a tank. Thing was a brick, but a reliable brick ;)

-baller

DK1
06-18-2004, 07:57 AM
Geddons rule, and AA has some of the absolute best support I've ever seen in this industry.

DK1

Bolter
06-18-2004, 08:18 AM
I have never had a problem with my one. On the new version there is a bleed valve that will bleed the air in the gun (not the bottle) so you can take the bottle off of the reg.

coolcatpete
06-18-2004, 08:42 AM
they are a little heavier than the competion, but are built like tanks.

well of coarse they are they are tanks.
Pete

Banshee23
06-18-2004, 08:55 AM
The geddon's a great tank that holds up to pretty much anything, the tank comparison is a good one. The resale value really isn't very good though, I ended up selling mine for like $185 and it had 2-1/2 years left on hydro, in great condition. And the weight is a drawback, it's kinda heavy :( They are a little long, you should definately use a small drop at the least to shorten it up some. Not sure if you could remove the arm, there's no flat spots on it so you'd have to make a tool to get it off.

zacbot
06-18-2004, 08:57 AM
wow thats funny man..lol

devildog
06-18-2004, 10:31 AM
yes, you can remove the reg from the bottle, it has to be empty bottle though, and you might have to use a strap wrench.

-=Squid=-
06-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Im talking about the ARM... not the reg. The REG is made to be removed from the tank/arm.

I am basically asking, can I use the BOTTLE with my conquest?

DK1
06-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Im talking about the ARM... not the reg. The REG is made to be removed from the tank/arm.

I am basically asking, can I use the BOTTLE with my conquest?

All regs will come out of the tank, it just may not be easy. Like was already mentioned, it might take a serious strap wrench. They don't put wrench flats on them or anything. But yes, the arm can be removed. AA replaced the one in mine when I sent it in... under warranty no less. Another great thing about AA, lifetime warranties.

DK1

-=Squid=-
06-18-2004, 09:01 PM
All regs will come out of the tank, it just may not be easy. Like was already mentioned, it might take a serious strap wrench. They don't put wrench flats on them or anything. But yes, the arm can be removed. AA replaced the one in mine when I sent it in... under warranty no less. Another great thing about AA, lifetime warranties.

DK1
do the bottles take standard threading so I can put another reg on it, the picture I saw of a removed arm seemed to have a finer threading.

DK1
06-18-2004, 09:46 PM
do the bottles take standard threading so I can put another reg on it, the picture I saw of a removed arm seemed to have a finer threading.

Dunno, I expect that they are all the same. Best way to know is to email AA cust. service and ask. They are super helpful people.

http://www.airamerica.com/support

DK1

-=Squid=-
06-18-2004, 09:53 PM
DK1... get on aim. Im bored and lonely.

FallNAngel
06-19-2004, 12:37 AM
They are a little long, you should definately use a small drop at the least to shorten it up some.

Odd, my friend uses an AA rail and puts it on backwards to make it longer... It's not really all that long

-=Squid=-
06-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Can anybody post some pics of armageddons on gun?

DK1
06-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Can anybody post some pics of armageddons on gun?

http://www.flagpull.com/DK1/A4/a4.jpg

Check in that directory for a lot of pics. I don't think I've got any with the tank screwed in, but that should give a general idea.

DK1

magmonkey
06-20-2004, 05:21 AM
a geddon is not standard threads (a screw in tank will not screw into it)

that being said I have 5 of them
1 on the emag 800 psi
1 on the mocro mag 900 ps1
1 on the dc viking 400 psi
1 on the dc fsp viking 400 psi
1 on the rtpro 900 psi

they rock, I have had not problems with any of them
they are expensive and a good screw in such as a crossfire will for the most part make most people happy at less than half the cost but I stick with things I have good luck with

Alan
DC

-=Squid=-
06-20-2004, 11:23 AM
a geddon is not standard threads (a screw in tank will not screw into it)

that being said I have 5 of them
1 on the emag 800 psi
1 on the mocro mag 900 ps1
1 on the dc viking 400 psi
1 on the dc fsp viking 400 psi
1 on the rtpro 900 psi

they rock, I have had not problems with any of them
they are expensive and a good screw in such as a crossfire will for the most part make most people happy at less than half the cost but I stick with things I have good luck with

Alan
DC
EVERYBODY is missing my question. Im talking about the BOTTLE. As in, if I take the bottle of the arm and reg, and its just the bottle, NO armageddon ANYTHING attatched to the bottle, will my conquest screw into the BOTTLE? Is the BOTTLE standard threads?

tribalman
06-20-2004, 12:24 PM
why are you asking how good an armageddon is if you just want the bottle. all bottles are pretty much the same. some are longer, some are fatter, some hold more, but basicly the same thing. if you just want a bottle buy some pmi or bulldog tank and get ur conquest put on it.

-=Squid=-
06-20-2004, 12:30 PM
why are you asking how good an armageddon is if you just want the bottle. all bottles are pretty much the same. some are longer, some are fatter, some hold more, but basicly the same thing. if you just want a bottle buy some pmi or bulldog tank and get ur conquest put on it.
Because I dont want to blow money on a tank with a crappy reg thats gonna sit around?

I need a tank to use till my conquest gets fixed, but it still needs a bottle. What do you care? Just answer the question.

And NO, bottles arent necessarily all the same... im not talking about size, im talking about THREADING.

Either way... the bottle will LIKELY stay on the geddon because Ive got a 68/45 bottle... just not sure how safe it is (hydrotest time)

Its called researching-before-you-blow-200-bucks.

magmonkey
06-20-2004, 08:04 PM
the threads on the tank should be the same