PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of an RT Pro vs. MiniMag

Mer
06-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I'm considering an RT Pro and am interested in the differences between it and my MiniMag. Anything you can think of since I've never seen an RT Pro in person.

Weight, performance, etc...

Thanks,

Eric

Dryden
06-18-2004, 09:30 AM
I've used both and it's night and day.

A fully loaded RT Pro will weigh half as much, if not even less than that. The RT Pro (as sold now) offers you the ULE centerfeed bodies and double trigger style frames for only a slight increase in cost, and the ULT on/off allows for significantly lighter trigger pulls and higher firing rates than a Classic AM/MM. The RT Pro isn't nearly as back heavy as the Classics were since the all stainless valve is replaced with the aluminum X/RT valves, so the marker feels more balanced than the Classic did whether you use a drop or not.

The only downside that I see is that your barrels aren't cross compatible, since the ULE RT Pros are Autococker threaded and the AM/MM are twist-locks. It is an all around better, lighter, faster marker, but requires its own barrel set and is not compatible with CO2.

Aside from the performance, the real benefit to the RT Pro, IMHO, is that it is serviceable just like a Classic. Remove the rear field strip screw and you've got access to all the internals. Troubleshooting is virtually the same, minus any new issues introduced with the Level 10 if you've never used that bolt before.

coolcatpete
06-18-2004, 09:41 AM
the rt takes the mini mag hands down.

THing that are on the rt that are better than those on the minimag:
Speed
Weight
Cool points
LX

Things that the minimag has that the rt does not:
Cool looking body

Pete

Mer
06-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Great points, thanks. I'm going to have to track down one to look at. None of the stores here have a decent selection of any Mags. You're lucky to find a classic hanging on the wall. I am only about 45 minutes away from AGD though so I might have to make a trip out there.

Thanks,

Eric