PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Practice or torture?

InfinatyBPS
10-13-2001, 12:43 PM
I have heard of some different drills that teams practice. But some are just strange and seem kinda painfull. I heard one that everyone gets to line up to shoot one player, then after his turn is over he gets in line and then everyone shoots another player, and so on. I hear its supose to make u not afraid of the ball. Another one is where 2 people on the team take shots at eachother until one gives up. Then someone else takes the winner. Both would be done from about 15 feet away. Do these sound ok to you?

i-luv-my-rt
10-13-2001, 05:03 PM
These drills sound stupid and useless. The best way to not be afraid is to just play. When you play you get a big adrenaline rush and dont really feel it. These sound so bad that i would prolly slap the people doing. Dont use these drills if you need some to practice i would be more than happy to share some with you.

Tunaman
10-13-2001, 05:48 PM
Shooting each other from 15ft away is for MORONS! At 280fps, irrepairable damage could occur. Maybe stretch it out to 40 ft if you want to shoot each other.

User
10-13-2001, 06:03 PM
If I don't make myself "afraid" (ex. adrenalin rush) of getting hit, I might as well be playing laser challenge. :)

jas142
10-13-2001, 06:55 PM
Ugh, another one for the Darwin Awards :)

If you want to practice, scrimmage or just play walkon games, or do snap shapshooting at targets or movement excersises.

The best practice is PLAYING!!!

DarkPhoenix
10-14-2001, 12:24 PM
Ouch! This, from a safety stand point, screams volumes. I would not want to subject myself to that kind of pain. I am not afraid of getting hit, it helps teach you what you are doing wrong so you will not repeat that action. The best way to learn how not to be afraid of the ball is to go out and play. Taking turns shooting at each other from that distance does nothing but create pain and bruises.

PAINTBALLA01
10-14-2001, 12:39 PM
That's gay. if you are afraid of the ball then DON'T PLAY