PDA

View Full Version : *Stop*

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 12:18 AM
They are all paintball markers, every single one is different, every single one has weaknesses and strengths, they all do one thing. Shoot paintballs and allow us to enjoy the sport that we love.

We need to stop judging people by the marker they own.

We need to stop stereotyping people because of what marker they own.

We need to stop *****ing at eachother with a knife to eachothers throats because we want our gun to be better.

We need to stop, and enjoy the sport that we play every weekend and spend 1000's of dollars on, the sport that nobody understands but us.

So please... no more arguements, this sport isn't about the guns, it's about the players behind them, so lets make this forum about that. Now I don't mind people showing off their new toys and what they're doing to them, but I am tired (Of myself included) bashing other guns when everything is good in it's own aspects.

Respect eachother, respect the equipment, respect the sport.

wonk
06-19-2004, 12:23 AM
yea.....your right......brass eagles are awesome ;)

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 12:24 AM
For 20 bucks, a talon is not that bad.

It shoots paintballs right? You can play with that :shooting:

wonk
06-19-2004, 12:26 AM
yea....your right thats true

TeamNausea
06-19-2004, 12:41 AM
i think this is pointless. Sure its true but no1 is gonna read this and like have some emotional time over it.

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Never know... this single post could revolutionize paintball! :ninja:

wonk
06-19-2004, 12:47 AM
yea....thats is true

Curly
06-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Blazestorm: What was it you said about me shooting a timmy the other night? I seem to have forgotten... :D

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 12:51 AM
I said myself included ;)

TeamNausea
06-19-2004, 12:51 AM
yea....thats is true
Stop post whoring

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 12:56 AM
No flaming either!

Doesn't help anyone.

And you're doing the same btw :clap:

wonk
06-19-2004, 01:08 AM
i would just like to say that it is late and i am sorry for whoring that sentnce and i will never do it again...thank you

JrnyFan1985
06-19-2004, 01:21 AM
sorry but this thread is pointless. it's part of human nature to stereotype and generalize abotu other people. it provides us with the strength necessary to sustain our own images about ourselves. you can preach and preach and say how bad doing this is. however, it's in every aspect of life. cop-outs are a necessary part of life and cannot be ignored or trained out of you. they're implanted in your mind for a reason. believe it or not, they're actually good for you.

wonk
06-19-2004, 01:24 AM
sorry but this thread is pointless. it's part of human nature to stereotype and generalize abotu other people. it provides us with the strength necessary to sustain our own images about ourselves. you can preach and preach and say how bad doing this is. however, it's in every aspect of life. cop-outs are a necessary part of life and cannot be ignored or trained out of you. they're implanted in your mind for a reason. believe it or not, they're actually good for you.
that thing about human nature is true....peolple cant help it....it makes us feel good

manike
06-19-2004, 01:25 AM
They are all paintball markers, every single one is different, every single one has weaknesses and strengths, they all do one thing. Shoot paintballs and allow us to enjoy the sport that we love.

We need to stop judging people by the marker they own.

We need to stop stereotyping people because of what marker they own.

We need to stop *****ing at eachother with a knife to eachothers throats because we want our gun to be better.

We need to stop, and enjoy the sport that we play every weekend and spend 1000's of dollars on, the sport that nobody understands but us.

So please... no more arguements, this sport isn't about the guns, it's about the players behind them, so lets make this forum about that. Now I don't mind people showing off their new toys and what they're doing to them, but I am tired (Of myself included) bashing other guns when everything is good in it's own aspects.

Respect eachother, respect the equipment, respect the sport.

Agreed, it amazes me how much hate there is in paintball lately, even within owners forums of the same brand of product!

More love! and make it free... and from the girl that works behind the bar at Coyote Ugly... :wow:

hAppy
06-19-2004, 01:31 AM
honestly only "noobs" judge people by their gun
even if they are a well experienced player, i dont know experienced player who judges skills by looking at their gun

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 01:32 AM
I don't care if it's human nature.

We've overcome a lot of things in human nature, I think we can overcome bashing other people because of what gun they chose to buy.

One of the things that I enjoyed more about AO is that nobody cared what gun you shot, what clothes you wore, and everything. It was just about having fun, and it's slowly changing, and well I don't want that, and neither do a lot of people.

Muzikman
06-19-2004, 01:34 AM
More love! and make it free... and from the girl that works behind the bar at Coyote Ugly... :wow:

So when can I come visit and hit Coyote Ugly again????

We can :cheers:
Then :headbang:
We can even :dance:
And then some more :cheers:
and at about 6am we can :sleeping:

So now I :hail: to you Simon...

EDIT: Ok, it's late and I really don't think that turned out the way it should have...but I'm leaving it there.

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Simon stole my ninja pants :cry: :ninja:

Curly
06-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Muzikman: Dont make me fly to Pittsburgh just to slap you...

JrnyFan1985
06-19-2004, 01:45 AM
honestly only "noobs" judge people by their gun
even if they are a well experienced player, i dont know experienced player who judges skills by looking at their gun
haha, you gotta be joking. you don't think that every stereotypical tourney player (dye jersey, tourney pants, trix, nvision) sees a person walking up to him in camo'd out w/ a tippy98 and thinks to himself "Man, this guy's an idiot. I look a lot cooler than he does."
and the same back to the camo'd guy. he probably thinks to himself "****ing tourney players. shooting on full auto. probably using cheater boards too. they need to get back to the essence of the game, crawling in the mud and using accuracy instead of volume"

point is. it is human nature and can't be stopped. However, what can be stopped is people openly laughing or bashing at people because of the way they look, or the markers they use, or how they play. We're all there to have fun and you should keep your feelings to yourself. help out this young noob and again you'll feel better about yourself knowing you helped out a person not so knowedgable about the sport as yourself.

blaze storm, what exactly have we conquered in human nature. isn't human nature innate? just curious?

hAppy
06-19-2004, 01:47 AM
haha, you gotta be joking. you don't think that every stereotypical tourney player (dye jersey, tourney pants, trix, nvision) sees a person walking up to him in camo'd out w/ a tippy98 and thinks to himself "Man, this guy's an idiot. I look a lot cooler than he does."
and the same back to the camo'd guy. he probably thinks to himself "****ing tourney players. shooting on full auto. probably using cheater boards too. they need to get back to the essence of the game, crawling in the mud and using accuracy instead of volume"

point is. it is human nature and can't be stopped. However, what can be stopped is people openly laughing or bashing at people because of the way they look, or the markers they use, or how they play. We're all there to have fun and you should keep your feelings to yourself. help out this young noob and again you'll feel better about yourself knowing you helped out a person not so knowedgable about the sport as yourself.
i guess you can say that, its kinda pathetic how tourny players do think of themselves like that though

these durag makes me agger than that camo suit AGGGGGGGGGGGG

JrnyFan1985
06-19-2004, 01:49 AM
i guess you can say that, its kinda pathetic how tourny players do think of themselves like that though

these durag makes me agger than that camo suit AGGGGGGGGGGGG

well thanks for at least having an open mind about it. loved your humor too man.

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm never an ***, always help out kids, only reason I have a jersey is because well it feels a lot better then heavy BDU's

If I could get all black jersey and all black pants with pads, I would but those are hard to find :D

Everyone should be supporting everyone, I personally think everyone can be a good player if they try, the only bad player is the one who doesn't think they can play paintball well.

Jackel411
06-19-2004, 02:14 AM
....Hammer time uh oh uhoh uhohoh

Had to..

Yeah actually.. I get the razzing localy , I work at a store , can get any gun I want and yet they raz me for shooting my j2 pump..

Bah.. its skill not gun...

sorta like.. Why by an escalade , when the avalanch looks the same and is cheaper.. hehe

Load SM5
06-19-2004, 07:20 AM
So when can I come visit and hit Coyote Ugly again????

We can :cheers:
Then :headbang:
We can even :dance:
And then some more :cheers:
and at about 6am we can :sleeping:

So now I :hail: to you Simon...

EDIT: Ok, it's late and I really don't think that turned out the way it should have...but I'm leaving it there.

Where's the little smiley for jumping into a coldazz pool at 3 am and redecorating the bathroom in muppet skins?

edweird
06-19-2004, 07:50 AM
well since IAo last year I have made a solid effort not to judge anyone on the marker they are shooting... Hell look at what Tippman Effect did with custom 98's.

So yeah, Im with Blaze on this. Dont pre-judge the player by the tools, take em head on and see what ya both have to offer. Nothing gets accomplished when you cant back it up.

hAppy
06-19-2004, 07:57 AM
over the times i have been playing i noticed alot of things relating to skills and money
-i know a good number of fresh players who started this year, and BAM! their parents buy them brand new speeds and what not
-while their friends' are still stuck on the 98 custom that they love very much
-than i also noticed that the rich kids also went straight to brand new apparel, jerseys are a must. ever since i noticed ever "noob" in the city is sporting a jersey, i decided to take mine off, just in case i suck too much to be wearing one. plus its not like im on a team.
-if you really think about it, many people "watch" the guy in the jersey and expensive gun, that is when you really realize "god that kid with the speed sucks". BUT the guy in a sweater and tippmann is running around bunkerfesting everyone else, but no one notices that.

Lohman446
06-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Yeh, umm... yeh - just posted this in the wrong place... oops

slade
06-19-2004, 08:58 AM
its human nature to want the best you can get, but its not human nature to brag about it and flame others. that part we can change.

-if you really think about it, many people "watch" the guy in the jersey and expensive gun, that is when you really realize "god that kid with the speed sucks". BUT the guy in a sweater and tippmann is running around bunkerfesting everyone else, but no one notices that.
true, people watch the person with the expensive equipment more, but its not like you dont notice it if a newb pulls a good move. one time i saw a kid in a sweater with a rental off the break run down the side of the field and bunker the whole other team. he got noticed...

GT
06-19-2004, 09:08 AM
my 300fps is better than yours.

Creative Mayhem
06-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Where's the little smiley for jumping into a coldazz pool at 3 am and redecorating the bathroom in muppet skins?

BWHAHAHAHAAAA BRRRR It was :cuss: cold... can someone tell me WHY we did that again?!?! :confused: :eek:

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Why did you...?

LOL

barrel break
06-19-2004, 06:08 PM
For 20 bucks, a talon is not that bad.

It shoots paintballs right? You can play with that :shooting:

refreshing post BA...

and its true, for $20, a talon is a steal..

Load SM5
06-19-2004, 06:50 PM
BWHAHAHAHAAAA BRRRR It was :cuss: cold... can someone tell me WHY we did that again?!?! :confused: :eek:

I think many beers were involved........