PDA

View Full Version : Coordinating AOr's at Shatnerball 04

FlashTX
06-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Greetings and salutations folks,

I've been asked by Bobby "Darkman" Gogolin, Tom Kaye's XO for Shatnerball III, to assist in coordinating the efforts of the AO group in order to help bring Tom his well-deserved victory. Basically, Marty "Cabldawg" Jeffers of the scenario team Evil Inc and myself (James "Flash" Peterson), representing the Mayberry Marauders, are intending to...with ya'll's help...put together a database of players (and some other info) that will be in attendance. By doing so, we'll be able to help AutomagRT1483 in his organizational effort...this will help make sure everyone has as much fun as possible! :clap:

Please email either Cabldawg or myself with contact info at your earliest convenience. Rest assured that ANY info given us will ONLY be used for the sole purpose of creating a better playing atmosphere for the AO group. Our email addys are:

Flashwaz@aol.com
Cable@teamevilinc.com

Thanks to everyone from AO that's backing "The Don"...this year, Capt Kirk is going DOWN! :shooting:

Note: Could one of the Forum Moderators please sticky this thread as soon as possible...thanks!

AutomagRT1483
06-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Greetings and salutations folks,

I've been asked by Bobby "Darkman" Gogolin, Tom Kaye's XO for Shatnerball III, to assist in coordinating the efforts of the AO group in order to help bring Tom his well-deserved victory. Basically, Marty "Cabldawg" Jeffers of the scenario team Evil Inc and myself (James "Flash" Peterson), representing the Mayberry Marauders, are intending to...with ya'll's help...put together a database of players (and some other info) that will be in attendance. By doing so, we'll be able to help AutomagRT1483 in his organizational effort...this will help make sure everyone has as much fun as possible! :clap:

More help is always a good thing.

Darkstorm
06-20-2004, 09:03 PM
This year I plan to play infiltration 100% of the game. Last year, I spent about 3 hours around Bill's base or at the his insertion point. This year I plan to be there the whole game.

FlashTX
06-20-2004, 09:12 PM
This year I plan to play infiltration 100% of the game. Last year, I spent about 3 hours around Bill's base or at the his insertion point. This year I plan to be there the whole game.

Knowing you Darkstorm...I'd expect nothing less! :cheers:

trevorjk
07-10-2004, 10:36 PM
ill be there this year... first time so its all very very new to me as ive never been to the place ever. so if some one(tk) will let me be there puppet so i dont get lost in the crowd that would be great... and ill email as soon as i find out more information on my self :)

FlashTX
07-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Howdy boys and girls...just a tid-bit of extra info. Word "on da street" is that those who want to play for The Don need to MAKE SURE THEY PRE-REGISTER as early as possible for the event. As the date of the event draws nearer, those in charge of making the game happen will be having to ensure that both sides are even in terms of numbers...that means if you snooze on registering early, there is a chance that you won't be able to play for the side that you request! Consternation and uproar!!! :wow:

Anyways, again...please register as early as possible, we want to make sure ALL the AOr's are playing for The Don...unless for some bizarre reason they WANT to play for Shatner...and be shot by the rest of us! :shooting:

Thanks folks...see ya's there! :cheers:

cabldawg
07-14-2004, 06:34 PM
TO ALL that are register'd to play for the DON. please contact either flash or myself. We are trying to help the "THE DARKMAN" organize the players.
The info we need will help in the organization of what groups to best use your skills, that will help the DON put a sha'lacking on bill.

flashwaz@aol.com

cable@teamevilinc.com

00Buckshot
07-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Flash -

Haven't heard back from you since I saw you at Challange Park for Old Chicago. Was there any follow on the Commo / Ops Center?

Shoot me an email at buckshot@atcpaintball.com

FlashTX
07-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Buckshot...emailing you today. Sorry dude, I was on the road for a while after CPX and then enjoying a lil "family time" along with preparing my tourney boys for our next event. Thanks for your patience!!! :clap:

trevorjk
08-01-2004, 07:33 PM
sent an email to flash

MaLfUnCtIoN
08-01-2004, 09:41 PM
as i pre-reg, i am torn. i must choose either Tom and play beneath the designer of my pride and joy or play beneath captain kirk. either a paintball legend or a man that seduced alians.

life is full of hard decisions, isnt it?

Glickman
08-03-2004, 11:27 PM
ahhh so good to be back on the forums.. and in response to MaLfUnCtIoN...

just beware if you choose shatner...

there are things that browse the forum that are not to be spoken of....

heh just playing around with ya.
My opinion from last year:

Toms Team:
+ Very Well organized
+ Alot of Very experianced players
Shatners' Team:
+ Unorganized (aside from one or two groups_
+ A handfull of very experianced players, with the bulk being trekkies (no offense :) )

I was on shatners team, and it was quite funny how whenever mancow lead a mission, he would dissapear, yet his medic and most of the rest of us would remain on the field, 10 vs AO ;)

How did shatner win? handfull of experianced players, backed up by the spirit of the trekkies

(trying not to be too hard, but its kinda hard not to when while rushing to our yellow filled deaths, we would walk by people picking flowers and sitting, doing nothing, while still on the field <True, but its all good :) )

Odds of Shatner winning last year:
125:1

Odds of Shatner winning this year:
~∞:0
:0
:)

Also, are we going to, or have we (havent been around due to knee problems) going to start organizing into groups?
ie:

Group 1
Guy #1
Guy #2
Guy #3
Guy #4
Guy #5

Group 2
ect...

maybe with a coordinator for mass attacks?

Cyberious
08-05-2004, 08:32 PM
FlashTX email sent.

FlashTX
08-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Thank you to all who've emailed myself and Cabledawg...it's much appreciated! I'm greatly looking forward to meeting you all at the event and delivering unto Mr Shatner the butt-whoopin' he so richly deserves! :headbang:

Glickman...to somewhat answer your question...I don't think we're really planning to uber-organize things before the event. With assistance from our esteemed leaders, Mr Kaye and his XO Bobby Gogolin, I'm hoping that the AO folks can maybe meet together at CXP on Saturday to put faces together with names and such. I'm sure that the commanders will be VERY busy, so trying to nail down a time for this will be dependant on their availability.

In any event, myself and Marty (Cable) will be at CPX pretty much all day on Saturday and we will be making an effort to make sure that every AO member attending the event has as much fun as possible!

Well...except for those fools who decide to play for Shatner... :shooting:

Bigman
08-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Well I finally registered on Toms side (Die Kirk Die Kirk) and I was wondering if you guys had the need for 2 more players in one of your groups?

cabldawg
08-17-2004, 08:58 PM
OK here we go
Lets see about having a get together at 1pm sat at CPX
We can put some faces to names and talk about the game. Might be able to get "The Don" and "The Darkman" to stop by and visit. Not sure about their schedules but we'll try

see ya there

Cyberious
08-26-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm not geting in until 4 on Saturday. I'll be at the Hampton Inn. Or perhaps I will track down AGDJon at the local bar.

Trina
08-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey guys!! Can't wait to meet everyone!! Doobie and I will be playing on Tom's side (of course) and we'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express. We'll most likely be found at the AGD booth (or the local bar with Jon), so stop by and introduce yourself. :cheers:

trevorjk
08-28-2004, 01:18 PM
i have suicidal snyper and Ubooze with me as well as 2 other non AO'ers and we are staying at the hampton inn hope to see everyone

Bigman
08-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Are we going to use the same radio freqs?