PDA

View Full Version : new 2 mags help

person_12341
06-19-2004, 01:20 PM
alright iv decieded to buy a new marker and it narrowed it down to the 04 wgp cocker w/ no ups and the classic mag w/ plety of ups

i dont need any more info on cockers and espically not from you guys since cockers n mags users arnt exactly friendly

can i have all the information regarding the classic mag( maintance, speed, reliablity, needed upgrades, exc) also is cant you hpa so will co2 destroy the mag just give me whatever info you can

:dance: :dance: hehe i luv this guy

person_12341
06-19-2004, 01:39 PM
this is what i was planning on puttin on it suggestion please

classic mag 199
lv 10 64
progressive 14 in 22
revy w/ x board 49

total-334

hey how long of steel braided hose will i need is the steel braided hose flexible enough to go back around

also i would like a double trigger or something w/ less of a pull any suggestions

also this is pretty stupid but i dont know how does the classic feed hook up to a loader compaired to the power feed iv only used tippmans / spyders that the laoder just sits on the top

Z-man
06-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Welcome to AO.

You would be surprised how many of the AO guys around here DON'T have Mags. I don't think you will run into that "cockers are teh suk!!11!1!" vibe much around here. The Mag design certainly is simpler but those E-Blades can pretty nice.

If you decide to go with a classic valved Mag here is the answer to your questions in the order you asked them:

Maintenance- The stock Automag is pretty robust and does not need much more than a little oil put in it now and then. There are 2 upgrades that many people go for that can make the Mag a little more complicated but offer some benefits.

the Level 10 bolt upgrade. Probably the one universal upgrade that everyone agrees is the smart choice, It will need to be tuned (which can be explained at a later time) but beyond that is simply does an excellent job of NOT chopping balls. You may have seen videos or hear of people sticking their fingers in the breech of the Mag and pulling the trigger... that is the lvl 10 bolt system.

Regarding HPA vs. Co2. The Classic valve will work on Co2 and HPA (the RT/X valves will only run on HPA). This can be nice if you are in a an area where HPA is either very expensive or hard to get. That being said, Mags in general, Classic valves or RT valves run MUCH better on an HPA system. With Co2 there are problems with o-rings freezing down, your velocity spiking up and down, shoot down at higher speeds and it can get pretty cold to hold on to it. There is non of that if you get an HPA system. Pretty much any HPA system will work on your Mag but I suggest if you can afford it, get a 68ci or larger tank and preferably a 4500psi system. Even if you can only get 3000psi fills you have that extra capacity available if you go somewhere else and besides, its more shots in the same sized tank. You cannot go wrong with it.

The Revy you are considering is a smart move in that it's an agitating hopper. Nothing is more annoying than having to shake your hopper to get a few balls in the chamber. A word of caution on the revvy: The new shalls are a bit brittle and the lids are prone to snap on them (unless BE has fixed that which I doubt). There are aother nice options like Empire's Reloader which is a sound activated version of the revy.

As far as other "needed upgrades" there really are none. Most of the other nice upgrades out there are really a matter of what kind of fell you are wanting on your Mag. I think very highly of AGD's intelliframe double triggers. They come in a blade and 2 finger style. You should ideally try both out if you can find someone/store with them in stock. I personally like the blade feel but again...

warbeak2099
06-19-2004, 03:00 PM
I'd also probably suggest a ricochet over a revvy simply because of the low quality of viewloaders. Also, if you want a lighter pull, the ULT and an intelliframe would be your best bet. It is possible to install a ULT on a classic valve, but it is not suggested. Other nice frames would be the Logic/Rogue Vert frames or the Y-grip. Other than that your set-up sounds fine to start with. Oh, and yes nitro would be a good thing to get in the future. And before I forget, get a J&J ceramic over the SP Progressive. J&J makes a better barrel IMO and you wouldn't be supporting that god-awful corporation. A Lapco Bigshot or CP 1-peice would also be better barrel choices than the SP Progressive.

person_12341
06-19-2004, 06:43 PM
why is the ultra light trigger not recomended for the classic mag
yea i think ill go w/ the J&J i was gonna get an impy but i h8 sp

frontrunner
06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
i just got my classic about 4 months ago it has a lvX and i run a 12' dye i'm not sure how hard you intend to play but i love my mag already. they say CO2 will run them but i had to replace all the o-rings in my gun because the guy i got it from was using CO2 .they looked like poop. no jokes thats what color they were. coockers a golden when they run, but they have more then there share of down time. if you can deal with that then feel free to join the darkside as for my i am mostly a rec baller so i like my tank of a gun alittle bit of cleaning, oil and love and i think she'll run for years
~one happy new mag owner