PDA

View Full Version : AO-Texas

JimboRR
06-19-2004, 01:45 PM
was just wondering who all was in it, im in Dallas

logamus
06-19-2004, 01:48 PM
there are lots of us Texans!!!!!

http://www.rantfan.com/cutecast/emoticons/bow.gifhttp://www.rantfan.com/cutecast/emoticons/tx.gif

Rather
06-19-2004, 01:52 PM
about 2 miles outside of Dallas. Soon to be ref at the Paintball Factory (indoor field, not actual factory. :p ), provided we ever open up lol. It's comin up very soon though so if your near garland stop by and bug an AO'er ont he job if ya wish, jsut don't get me fired. ;)

JimboRR
06-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Cool, ill soon be working at Mad Dogs paintball down here in waxahachie

GT
06-20-2004, 01:15 AM
there are lots of us Texans!!!!!

http://www.rantfan.com/cutecast/emoticons/bow.gifhttp://www.rantfan.com/cutecast/emoticons/tx.gif

that needs to be a perment smilie

MaChu
06-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Texan here, we need to get together sometime.

JimboRR
06-21-2004, 01:50 PM
How are yall on playing a scenario? In Fairfield, Tx ? Viper scenarios http://viperpaintball.com

logamus
06-21-2004, 02:56 PM
that needs to be a perment smilie
i totally agree.

scenario, im prolly out on one for the time being. i just got a new shift at work so until i see how cool my new sups are i am putting a hold on sunday pb activities. hooking up at madd dogz is a workable idea though, i love that field.

rather, check your pm's.

JimboRR
06-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Cool the game isnt untill October so you'll have time to plan ahead

Rather
06-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Well for all of you AO'er In the dallas area. good news. The Paintball Factory (brand spankin new field that i work at) opens on Wednesday 23rd and friday 25th. :bounce:

It is an excelent field. You CAN slide all over the place with NO PADS!!! I do not lie. We have a small X-ball kit and another field up (or will be up thanks to those hard working ref's... ;)) If ya don't beleive me then come check it out then. :p

vf-xx
06-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Currently in Lubbock at school, Permanent residence in Fort Worth. Soon to be a Texan in exile tho. :(

evan123
06-22-2004, 12:22 PM
I a m a non-proud texan...But i live in plano and play at parker if anyone is willing to meet up i am fine with that.

Recon by Fire
06-22-2004, 02:18 PM
South of Houston, Clear Lake/NASA area here. Some of us Ao'ers will be out at www.blackmountainpaintball.com this Sunday also.

GT
06-22-2004, 04:07 PM
South of Houston, Clear Lake/NASA area here. Some of us Ao'ers will be out at www.blackmountainpaintball.com this Sunday also.

somebody got the email.

For houston folks we are trying to get togther atleast monthly for some fun paintball.

if anyone wants to be added to the list PM me with your email.

jb

logamus
06-23-2004, 04:29 PM
South of Houston, Clear Lake/NASA area here.

i spent 3 of my early years in that same locale. :clap:

Sharpshootertpg
06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
I too am a texan...i live in the same town as Cryer...I am trying to get a meet put together for the relatively near future (july or august). i have talked to Cryer, MaChu, and a few others about it....Last time i talked to Clare and Curtis(havoc), they both said they were too busy this summer to plan anything, so that leaves it up to us...

Rather- i will talk to you about your field

Petty's over near Austin is a nice place to play, however, the Paintball Factory would prolly be worth playin at since Rather works there.

gtrsi- i will talk to you too about future meets

CodeMA
06-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Im Local to the DFW area... about 45 mi south of Dallas...

Corsicana area,I work at the FMX Paintball feilds are getting up and going, but prolly not the place for an AO meet :(

Paintball Factory, only problem I see with playing there is the price... Last I heard it was like 85/case... which is really not so healthy for me...unless that changes and they get a BYOP day/ compeitive team pratice prices, its going to be hard for me to really check it out :(

Maddogz, I gotta say, they have kick arse setup going on out there, great guys running it, deffently wouldnt mind setting something up there, they run a nice nightball setup too on Friday night, I have a feeling Ronn would be happy to set something up for AO...

Lets work on it...

Cryer
06-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Whoop!

Cryer
06-28-2004, 10:06 PM
looks like we've got a start...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=142850

I personally wont be able to attend, however, I'd like to see if we can get a decent AO turnout...

Who here is from this area? (Katy is perhaps 30-45 min NW of Houston)

vf-xx
06-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Whoop!

-_-

Being from Tech I should do something about that. However I'm done with all my classes for my undergrad by Saturday so I really just don't care anymore.

Sharpshootertpg
06-28-2004, 10:18 PM
CodeMA- the info is helpful...I will talk to Rather to see if he can get us discounts for a AO meet at Paintball Factory. Can you get a link to Maddogz site? If neither of these fields works out, Petty's is an option cuz their airball field rocks the hizzouse.

Cryer
06-28-2004, 10:30 PM
-_-

Being from Tech I should do something about that. However I'm done with all my classes for my undergrad by Saturday so I really just don't care anymore.
look! we even have our own smilie!

http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Gig 'em!

;)

Sharpshootertpg
06-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Alright, here's what's goin on so far: i talked to Rather about the Paintball Factory and i'm going to call them tomorrow to get some info and prices. He thinks it is possible for us to get a discount but i should know for sure tomorrow. I will post as soon as i know something.

Cryer- talk to me on AIM. we got a lot of stuff to talk about.

If you're a TX AO member, post up so we know you're alive and can start to get a better idea of how many of us there are right now....i know at the TXAO meet last summer, there were like 40 or so AOers there....supposedly around 50 at TEXBALL earlier this year...

CodeMA
06-29-2004, 02:40 AM
madddogz.com is the addy to madddogz paintball...

If we can get paint for around 50 or less a case at the factory, Im down... Maddddogz already had brown box for like 45...

Madddogz has airball, Barrel/Pallet, tire, etc, long covered pavilan, lights for nightball, push button air system/compressors so no air issues, indoor plumbing bathrooms, misters, etc etc, plenty of parking, in fair shot of hotels/eats/etc great feild...

Sharpshootertpg
06-29-2004, 05:16 PM
I called ThePaintballFactory today and talked to Tim...i told him a little bit about AO and about our past meets. He said to call back tomorrow and he will have some prices. The discount will prolly depend on how many AOers go to the event. WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT A DATE to have the meet on tho. I'm thinking sometime in August so we have plenty of time to plan and get everything arranged, along with a list of who all is going. It is not set in stone that the meet will be at TPF; i will let yall know more tomorrow when i get prices.

If you want to help pull this together, talk to me on AIM. My sn is Sharpshootertpg...Help would be greatly appreciated. Also, we will need to get an idea of how many ppl can attend an event in August...when we figure out for sure what field the meet will be at and what day, i will start a new thread specifically for the meet so AOers can sign up.

Sharpshootertpg
06-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Alright guys n girls, here's the info on ThePaintballFactory: i spoke to Tim again today on the phone. He said the best deal we can get is a $10 entry/air fee per player and 15% off per case of paint...that's for Blaze paint thats normally $70 per case, so we would basically have it for $60 per case. This is the pricing for 16 or more people...doesnt matter if its 30, 40, or 50 people, this is the best deal we can get at The Paintball Factory. While this is an extremely nice indoor field with an Xball and another airball field, i realize some of yall might not be interested in having a meet here.... Petty's is still an option. It's an excellent field with a great airball setup and AO is welcome to go back to have another meet there if we want to. I'm not sure on the prices for Petty's tho. I know last summer they were very good. I checked out their site earlier online and they appear to have good prices... I emailed them to see what prices would be with a discount, so i will post those prices up as soon as i have them. If we need to, we can vote for which field to play at. For now, post your opinion on which field we should have a meet at sometime in August. We can setup a poll in the near future.

Vern1
06-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Greetings,
Hummm....AO Day!.....

Sharpshootertpg
06-30-2004, 07:05 PM
I talked to Joe Petty a little while ago about having a meet at his field (Petty's Paintball) sometime in August...here's the email he sent me back:

"Greetings Tyler,
I had talked to Curtis and Clare at Bunkerfest and knew you were going to
get in touch.
Do you have a date in mind?
I have met and know a few of the AO folks and always enjoy their company,
family atmosphere and fair play.
We can probably work something out.
I think the last time I did 7.00 for admission and all day air.
We have white/brown box starting at 40.00.
Most expensive paint we have is 65.00.
Also tell the AO folks to feel free to BYOP!
Probably build a nice big airball like last time, too.
Cheers,
Joe Petty - AKA Vern1"

For info about Petty's field, go to www.pettypb.com

So, now we need to decide, WHICH FIELD?, and WHAT DAY? I'm thinking mid-august to allow scheduling and to let enough people know about this.

Sharpshootertpg
06-30-2004, 07:12 PM
I personally vote we hold the meet at Petty's as i have been there before and know it is a great place to play paintball. Also the prices are very reasonable...$65 for a case of Inferno or Evil :D Good luck finding that good of a deal on paint at any other field. They also offer a few other types of paint that aren't bad. Or, you can BYOP :)

Yes, TPF may be indoors, but your'e lookin at $60 for a case of Blaze plus $10 entry fee...and you CAN'T take your own paint there.

I dont know what yall think, but i think it makes more sense to have the event at Petty's. Post your opinions on the subject.

Recon by Fire
06-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Pete's is top notch :)

Rather
06-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Well guess no AO meet at TPF for a while then. And sorry about not getting big discounts.. but we really can't be doing THAT much of a discount (tim and spence took alot of money to get this place started). :(

After a year or 2 i'm sure we can get those prices lower for big ao events. Til then... its those prices.. but at the price that you pay for all that its worth a field that even big old guys can do slides on... Manike can tell you all about that... ;)

Sharpshootertpg
07-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Rather- i understand what you're sayin man...i realize an indoor pball field can't be cheap to operate.

More input on which field to have the meet at would be nice...post your opinions...nothing is set in stone yet, but we do need to make a decision soon to have plenty of time to inform more people about it.

GoatBoy
07-01-2004, 12:23 AM
It seems we've been chanting Petty's for months now; I say we stop throwing field names around and start throwing dates.

Like... should we try for something in July?

GT
07-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Like... should we try for something in July?

august at the earliest, give folks time to find a hotel..

logamus
07-01-2004, 03:49 PM
i could prolly be persuaded into an august date in austin. i dont know how much it matters to the rest of yall, but if we could play on saturday and have sunday as an extra day or somesuch that would be great. those of us who work on sundays sure like playing on saturdays.

canemaster
07-01-2004, 03:57 PM
I live in Austin. You guys could stay at my house! j/k
Hey is it sometime in early August b/c school in Austin starts around the 16?

:headbang:

Sharpshootertpg
07-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Based off of yall's responses, i say we have the meet at Pettys since no one has objected so far. Now we need to decide on a date...sometime in August would be good to allow time for planning, getting hotel rooms, and informing plenty of ppl about it. I would say definitely have it on a Saturday and possibly go on to Sunday as Logamus stated.

Canemaster- i realize school starts back then for certain people (me included)...however, to me it does not matter if we hold a meet shortly after school starts.

Here is a list of the days that are weekends in August: 7th&8th, 14th&15th, 21st&22nd, 28th&29th.

I was thinking more towards the middle or end of the month to allow more time in advance and also to let those who will be attending a new college or whatever get settled in.

Post up which weekend you would like to have the meet on.

canemaster
07-01-2004, 04:43 PM
14th&15th, 21st&22nd

GT
07-01-2004, 09:41 PM
14th&15th, 21st&22nd

:headbang: :shooting: :dance:

CodeMA
07-02-2004, 01:02 AM
hmm I dont know about Pettys...prolly but....

Anyone up for some nightball tonight at Madddogz?

Sharpshootertpg
07-03-2004, 11:00 PM
ok, i vote 21st&22nd...gives us a lil more time to prepare than the weekend before

If anyone knows of a major tourney or some big conflict on this date that would prevent a lot of people from showing up, be sure to post it...It tends to be nice when the size of a AO meet corresponds with the size of our state ;)

Vern1
07-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Greetings,
Looking at www.TXPaintballSchedule.com,
PACS is August 29th and that usually draws lots of teams.
7/8 is open and 21/22 is open.

Sharpshootertpg
07-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Vern1- I emailed you yesterday. Please let me know what you think after you read it. Also, thanks for the info on those dates in August.

Vern1
07-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Greetings,
I will check E-Mail when I get home.
I am at work now and yesterday was an "off" day for me and family.
We spent the day lounging, swimming and fishing!

Vern1
07-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Greetings,
I read your e-mail and had some PC problems shortly after that at home so the reply may or may not have made it through.
That's why I am replying here so you can get things going.
The 21st and 22nd will work fine.

Sharpshootertpg
07-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Vern1- sounds good. sending you a pm.

Well everyone, looks like the meet will be at Petty's on August 21st and we could probably go on to the 22nd if we have a lot of people show up who are interested in doing that.

GT
07-07-2004, 02:50 PM
sounds good, fire up a new post with all of the info, dates prices, places to stay.

Sharpshootertpg
07-07-2004, 03:20 PM
As soon as i talk to Mr. Petty again, i will post something on here with more info...i will also start a completely new thread for the meet.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Official AO TX meet at Petty's on August 21st and possibly 22nd http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144052

Cool fool!
08-03-2004, 11:30 AM
hey all i live about 10 mins from fort paintball, i actually werk there. anyway where and when iz my question. we dont even have ta play a fort, just name where and when and ill be there! :)

Sharpshootertpg
08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Cool fool!-
EDIT: Here's a link to the Official AO TX meet at Petty's on August 21st and possibly 22nd http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144052

Post on there if you can go n how many cases u will buy n how many ppl you're bringing to w/ you to play.