PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg, Excal, Viking, other?

mark_426
06-19-2004, 02:03 PM
My teammate sold his cocker and angel, and has around 1g for a new gun. He wants it to be accurate, somewhat effficent (1000 on a 45/45), and little recoil.

He's looking at a used custom viking (DC Feather Immortal etc), an Excal, and MacDev's Cyborg (and Nasty Shockers, but we don't need to talk about them).

I have a Featherlite, which he thinks is sort of heavy, however, he feels it is faster and more accurate than our backman/friends Naughty Dog Intimidator. He can shoot my Featherlite well, and likes the switch and feel in it, but says it is also a bit wide. Hes looking at the unmills on DBN, which seems to be the best price for what you get.

I think its mostly Cyborg or Viking, because he said the Excal didnt seem fast enough. Consequently, he said he'd probably set the Cyborg for 17bps. What is the average/max ROF on an Excal?

Neither of us have encountered a Cyborg or Excal, so I need your opinion on this. He plays front - which would be his best gun and why?

magman007
06-19-2004, 02:10 PM
little recoil? grad a trix, fast, quiet, and smothe as land o lakes butter

Skoad
06-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Dye Trix + upgrades
or
DM4

mark_426
06-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Also, he wants absolute minumum maintenance - few drops of oil or some grease. He wants it to be super-reliable as well.

Will a matrix, without bolt kit, get 1500 off a 68/45 fill?

How small/heavy is a matrix?

Skoad
06-19-2004, 02:33 PM
You will need to get something new for the bolt to get shots like that, if he buys a new Dye Lcd he might need a freeflow bolt ($90), and a c4 mod would help out more ($60). Let him read this post about an older matrix with all sorts of different upgrades. It shows how many shots you should expect to get with a 68 tank filled up to only 4000 (NOT 4500). http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323142

Everyone says trix's are hard to maintain but either they are idiots or have never delt with a trix. Maintenance includes - pulling bolt out, unscrewing it, wipe grease on orings, put back in gun. Then every once in a while you might want to lube up the reg and lpr (but thats how it is with any gun that has a reg and lpr).

DM4's are super skinny, super light - 2 lbs 11 ounces with barrel and reg.
Dye LCDs are a little on the fat side - 2 lbs 12 ounces without barrel or reg.

I love my DM4......my preeeciousssss. :D

06-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Matrix or the nasty shocker. Shocker needs to be greased a lot but it is so easy to do and it takes 5 minutes + it has no kick and is quiet and light.

GT
06-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Also, he wants absolute minumum maintenance - few drops of oil or some grease. He wants it to be super-reliable as well.

Will a matrix, without bolt kit, get 1500 off a 68/45 fill?

How small/heavy is a matrix?

that sounds like a viking to me....

sithos
06-19-2004, 05:35 PM
The borg is here folks. Its got macdev quality, and needs no upgrades. Gladiator 04 regs are awsome. The macdev lpr is awesome. The bolt is great, the trigger is sweet. Its a pretty small marker too.

Only problem.. is unless you get it used (and pay more than they go for new), you have to wait a couple months to get one.

If he had time to wait, the cyborg is awesome. Matrixes are great too. People think they are heavy, but it balances the weight well. I'd reccomend going with an aftermarket trix though, one that comes with upgrades. Saves money in the long run.

Also.. the advent is coming out.... sometime. I feel I have to get the word out about this one since not a LOT of people know much about it... and I designed the milling.

Its lighter than anything posted, including the nasty shocker. has a vert frame which is awesome, and macdev regs. (told you I love these regs) Oh.. and its fast. Uncapped board, dual eyes, and an antichop bolt like the lvl 10. Plus Tom Kaye saw it and said it was good, so thats all the approval you need.

http://www.benbow3d.com/Advent/adv_8b.jpg

thats a render of it. Look for photos coming out after Chicago (the 23rd)

felony
06-19-2004, 06:51 PM
The borg is here folks. Its got macdev quality, and needs no upgrades. Gladiator 04 regs are awsome. The macdev lpr is awesome. The bolt is great, the trigger is sweet. Its a pretty small marker too.

Only problem.. is unless you get it used (and pay more than they go for new), you have to wait a couple months to get one.

If he had time to wait, the cyborg is awesome. Matrixes are great too. People think they are heavy, but it balances the weight well. I'd reccomend going with an aftermarket trix though, one that comes with upgrades. Saves money in the long run.

Also.. the advent is coming out.... sometime. I feel I have to get the word out about this one since not a LOT of people know much about it... and I designed the milling.

Its lighter than anything posted, including the nasty shocker. has a vert frame which is awesome, and macdev regs. (told you I love these regs) Oh.. and its fast. Uncapped board, dual eyes, and an antichop bolt like the lvl 10. Plus Tom Kaye saw it and said it was good, so thats all the approval you need.

thats a render of it. Look for photos coming out after Chicago (the 23rd)

I finally sold my emag and most of the parts along with it.. and now I am in the same position.

And I think the advent is going to be my next marker.. just gott a wait for it to come out!

dan

SlipknotX556
06-19-2004, 09:02 PM
I would give a trix a try.

WaffleHouseNinja
06-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Borg is the best gun on the market

Steelrat
06-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I've had nothing but luck with my AKA guns. For a front player, id recommend a Viking, because its easier to snap shoot a quick burst with. The excal is plenty fast once set up correctly, and I love the way they feel, but the Viking is still faster. They are both extremely efficient.

The borg seems like a fine gun, but AKA is tops in my book. If you ever see a disassembled viking next to a disassembled borg, you can see the difference in quality.

But, in the end, its all personal preference.

Digits
06-19-2004, 11:27 PM
borg, aka, or matrix... How can you go wrong??

Matrix's are a tad on the heavy side but like sithos said they are well balanced so you barelly notice it.. I was suprised when I traded my Nasty X Shocker for my NYX my NYX felt lighter..

GT
06-20-2004, 12:50 AM
I wouldnt touch an advent. Very small company with a short history, but listen to everyone else as they should know what you want :rofl:

felony
06-20-2004, 01:03 AM
I wouldnt touch an advent. Very small company with a short history, but listen to everyone else as they should know what you want :rofl:

Not listening to anyone else here bub, I researched OTB and looked into the advent.. and have bene for some time. Looks to be a promising marker. Not sure if it will be worth the wait though.

Maybe i will just get a matrix or timmy cause thats what everyone else has. would hate to break the mold.

dan

GT
06-20-2004, 01:08 AM
would hate to break the mold.

dan

good idea

researched OTB and looked into the advent.. and have bene for some time.

uhhh huh,
so how many shots per fill does it get?
Ever seen one in person?
What board do they use?
What kind of eyes do they have?
Colors?

No offense man but these guys have been promising this gun for months now to no avail. I guess I have added my 2c's

felony
06-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Looks to be a promising marker.

sigh.

The Action Figure
06-20-2004, 12:05 PM
he needs something small

Steelrat
06-20-2004, 12:59 PM
04 vikings and excals ARE small.

kungfuhampster11
06-20-2004, 07:26 PM
although people may not agree with me, id get a bushy w/ pds, its small easy to maintain, almost no chops, not too tall, on the skinnier side, not as much as the other guns, bushys rock :headbang: