PDA

View Full Version : Need Cocker Tech

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2004, 06:25 PM
yes, snyper has messed up yet another marker. This time it's a Psycho Ballistics Superbolt Autococker. When i got it everything worked fine, today at the field though i blew up a hose on the 3-way (it didnt come loose, it BLEW UP). Ok no biggy, i'll just replace it. Well...i replaced the hose and i gassed it up and the hose flew right off. Now i read some instructions and used a clamp thingy...well...the hose blew up again...and again...and now im scared to try a third time (cause this thing is LOUD!). i completely took out the spring out of the lpr so...assuming that taking out the spring would make the gun have very low pressure...well....the thing blew up. I took my regulator and turned it to the absolute lowest setting possible (WGP Stock Reg). well...the thing still blew up...so uhh...yea i have no clue what is going on.

help...???

..please?

SnYpER

Skoad
06-19-2004, 06:30 PM
which hose is blowing on the 3 way?

turn your lpr completely off, so when you pull the trigger nothing happens except maybe a burp. Then gradually turn it open and pull the trigger every second or so until it fires and fully cycles. Give it a few quick pulls to make sure its getting enough air, if not open it a tad more.

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Some regulators unscrewing OPENS the regulator allowing MORE air to go through.

Also Assemble the LPR and unscrew the front of it to lower the pressure the best you can.

Now try gassing it up :D

I'd also try a new LPR, Pyscho Ballistic cockers suck, like really :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Some regulators unscrewing OPENS the regulator allowing MORE air to go through.

...well, i guess i'll give it another try

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Try using a different LPR as well... like I said those suck (a stock one would be fine)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2004, 07:02 PM
how in the heck do people stand autocockers?

once i think this thing works something else goes wrong!

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
It's a POS

Cockers rock when you get good parts :clap:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2004, 07:08 PM
ok ...i just blew up 2 more hoses... what on earth am i doing wrong?

this is the middle hose that leads to the lpr. the thing was inflating before it blew up. so...uhh....i probably have another 2 more chances to blow something up before i stop and have to buy more hoses

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 07:20 PM
New LPR.

What's happening is well the LPR isn't doing anything, it just sits there and allows the air to flow through, so whatever the pressure the inline regulator is set at is what's going through the hoses, which isn't good, they aren't rated that high

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2004, 07:23 PM
i'm using co2, does that play a major role in the blowing up problems?

Blazestorm
06-19-2004, 07:30 PM
no because the stock regulator regulates the pressure down.

It's your LPR that's the evil one :o

REPLACE IT D:

FallNAngel
06-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Snyper: I have a KAPP Rhino LPR that you're welcome to if you'd like. Externally adjustable and I never had a problem with it. Only problem is there's no nipple... If the one you have will fit it, you're welcome to it.

I also agree, it sounds like a bad LPR if both ranges blow the pneumatic hose.

*edit*
I'm in Joliet BTW

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2004, 07:54 PM
yes! i will take anything!

Flow_Tech
06-19-2004, 09:58 PM
i have teh solution!...find your nearest 5+ story building..and..well...drop away! :rofl:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-19-2004, 10:01 PM
er...no?

Flow_Tech
06-19-2004, 10:03 PM
ok,so maybe im a little..cocker stoopid..but,if you want,i have a stock cocker LPR,i can send to you for free...and a stock reg,and a stock bolt........

graysonp
06-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Is it a sledgehammer/stock lpr? Those work backwards and if you turn them counterclockwise, you up the pressure...

If it doesn't work either way, you definately need a new one...

RedBeard
06-19-2004, 10:23 PM
wait a sec though, I've opened the lpr on my cocker all the way with the reg running at 350 psi and have never had a hose pop off on me nevermind actually blow. is it possible he isn't using the right kind of hose and that whatever he is using is just to flimsy?
Then again, I guess even with the lpr open all the way, it still isn't allowing through the 350 psi is it...

FallNAngel
06-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Then again, I guess even with the lpr open all the way, it still isn't allowing through the 350 psi is it...

No, even though you open it all the way up, it will still only operate in a range... some regulators can be made into gas throughs by opening them up all the way, but I don't think the stock LPR is one of them.

ProX9
06-19-2004, 11:14 PM
i completely took out the spring out of the lpr so...assuming that taking out the spring would make the gun have very low pressure
SnYpER
im pretty sure the problem lies here. you took the spring out of the lpr? I can picture what that would do and its not good, you need the spring in the reg to make it regulate otherwise it would just let air pass through freely which means your hoses are getting what they hpr is set to.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-20-2004, 05:57 PM
coupon queen - pm me, i'll take any part other than this pos psycho ballistics crud.
prox0 - i did everything to that lpr, i took the spring out on one try and it blew up, it made it tighter and it blew up. i set it in the middle and it blew up, i made it loose and it blew up. This hose was made for 3-way autocockers so im sure im using the right hose. i tinkered with my reg. when i screwed it in the hose didnt blow but the gun didnt cock either (too little pressure im assuming) so i worked it up a little bit until the gun actually fired but was unable to recock. i then turned it up a bit more and the gun fired but i noticed the hose inflating like a balloon and less than a second later it blew again.
redbeard - how can i not be using the right hose? this hose was made for 3-ways, the stock hose blew up and the new hose blew up. so i don't think it's the hose :)

i am now willing to accept any lpr at this time cause i think this thing just stinks

Blazestorm
06-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Simply the LPR.

Like I said before, the air from the tank is going to the reg, the reg regulates to a level the LPR can handle (the original palmer rock's didn't need an inline) and then that regulates it even more so that the ram can recock the back-block :D