PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trick for Ricochet loaders

drx975
06-19-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm not familiar with ALL Ricochet loaders (I have a 2k) but I think they all use the same principle switch that activates the agitator. Anyways, I accidentally found something cool about the Ricochets that isnt exactly THAT amazing, but I'm sure some people will find it slightly helpful or at least cool.

Basically, take apart the shells of the ricochet and where the neck is, is a little plastic thing that activates the agitator when it is bent down by a paintball. If you bend this plastic thing down with your hand so it is permenantely MORE bent downward than it was before, you'll have an effective intellifeed without any wiring. Do this with the battery in so that when you gradually bend the switch down more and more, youll know if the agitator is just going to be on constantly. You want it just above that mark if you want to do this "trick". What happens is the plastic switch is bent so far down that even a slight jolt to the gun (which is easily obtained each and every shot with recoil) will activate the switch/agitator.

In my gun, if I fire without any balls, the ricochet2k feeds on every shot without fail. I dont know how important this really is, but its a LOT easier than making that switch for an intellifed loader (yeah, I know its not hard to make that switch and its probably kind of fun making one, but still.. this is way easier).

ps. oh yeah, I forget exactly how I did this because it was so long ago, but I believe it works best to bend it a little near the blue "holder". Experiment with it.

Potatoboy
06-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Umm....

The tab sensor was designed so that it activated every time a ball went past it.

This is the same as an intellifeed for that only works when the marker is gassed and the hopper is full of paint.

Since this is the only time a Intellifeed would be useful, the modification is of little use, and will likely lead to quicker wear of the sensor.

RRfireblade
06-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Umm....

The tab sensor was designed so that it activated every time a ball went past it.

This is the same as an intellifeed for that only works when the marker is gassed and the hopper is full of paint.

Since this is the only time a Intellifeed would be useful, the modification is of little use, and will likely lead to quicker wear of the sensor.

Exactly. :)

All your doing is moving the sensor in line with the markers blowback up the feed tube. ;)

drx975
06-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Yeah, forgot that it feeds every time... lol... it was late when I put that post up anyway, but oh well.

At one time though, my Ric2k wasn't spinning on every shot (I think the switch was too far into the loader and not far enough into the feed neck, so the paintballs actually missed the switch), so this kinda compensated for that, but it really SHOULD spin every time. I think thats when I played with the sensor a little and got it to work as it does now. Pointless for most but fixed my issue.