PDA

View Full Version : selling something as new.......

jimmyjobob
10-13-2001, 01:58 PM
gotta vent on this one:

cant stand buying an item from someone who claims it to be new, or in great shape. then i recv the item and it looks like it was used on a rental.

a barrel cannot be new if it is scratched severely. ok maybe the grooves can be slightly worn, etc. good condition and new are not the same. and please dont say 'never had a ball through it' unless you know this for a fact. just because you never put a ball through it....

a bolt that is worn so bad that it no longer has a lip or is worn down is not good condition, and definitely not new.

not going to mention any names here, this is not a specific flame. just expressing my feelings.....

this should probably be in the classifieds but ill leave it to the mods.

Webmaster
10-13-2001, 04:03 PM
Yeah - its one thing if its been used a couple times and advertised as "like new" and you find a few scratches -thats forgivable. What happened to you is out right fraud - i would try to get your money back.

Tunaman
10-13-2001, 05:54 PM
What happened Jimbo? Let us know who it is....I also agree with you. The way I look at it, either a person is honest about the condition of an item, or he is a cheat!

jimmyjobob
10-13-2001, 06:13 PM
well tunaman i dont want to start a flame to anyone specifically. more of just a vent. i think people should use common sense and be honest thats all. those people know who they are.....

Ground_zer0
10-13-2001, 08:16 PM
You had no prob with the longnose bolt and body rail i sent you a while (hummn.. its been a few months now) back. The micromag is shooting fine when I dont have it in pieces. -Matt

cphilip
10-13-2001, 10:12 PM
Tell us what happened. You don't have to name names to do that.

jimmyjobob
10-14-2001, 11:45 AM
hey ground zero, we're all good no complaints with you whatsoever, or phil or tuna. hell to be honest 99.9 percent of the time its good to go. its that small percent.

basically the example stated at top is what happened.

package stated that it contained a barrel, that 'never had a ball through it' bs. the thing was so scratched and the grooves were very worn. tries to claim it was sold to him new. please, are you blind.

secondly a bolt that was described to be 'in perfect condition'. not even close to perfect. worn, looks like it was used on a hyperframe for a while.

PAINTBALLA01
10-14-2001, 12:55 PM
that sux tell us who it was so in the future we dont make the same mistake