PDA

View Full Version : Apache's? who has them in stock and for <100 bucks

GT
06-20-2004, 01:51 AM
Apache's? who has them in stock and for <100 bucks?

ProX9
06-20-2004, 02:02 AM
dbnpaintball.com

GoatBoy
06-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Holy frijole... how in the world can that loader cost $100?

Big Weapons
06-20-2004, 04:53 AM
Patented "paintball deflection technology" that doesn't work! Eventually Smart Parts will pick up on it, though.

sneakyhacker420
06-20-2004, 08:28 AM
www.ricochet2k.com (they have a # to call and order)

thats where i got mine the day it came out

and i got a propellor in it that apparently no one else has that i know of :headbang:

GT
06-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Patented "paintball deflection technology" that doesn't work!

actually it does work

Danman69
06-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Look on ebay. You can get them for under 75

ilikePB
06-20-2004, 10:51 AM
I got a brand new one off of PBNation for $68. :D

I'll see if I can find the thread, maybe he still has some.

ilikePB
06-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Here is the link.

NIB $68 Apache (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=534574&highlight=%2Bapache)

I think he said he has more than one, if not, sorry I bought one.

sneakyhacker420
06-20-2004, 01:12 PM
actually it does workhes right, it DOES work, but i've had a few incidents where it deflected the paintball right into my mask :tard:

felony
06-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Apache's? who has them in stock and for <100 bucks?

sending ya a PM!

xXHavokXx
06-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Patented "paintball deflection technology" that doesn't work! Eventually Smart Parts will pick up on it, though.

It rarely does, We mounted one and attacked it from all angles. We even did math to find an "angle of attack" (a) from the center line. It took me a while to find our data but here it is.

0* is defined as looking head on to the rico**** from centerline.

| |
| |
\ /
|
| \
| \
| \
| \
|----- \
| angle from centerline = a
|
|
|
|
| distance from rico = 50ft = d
__________________________________________________ _________________
|-------------| distance from centerline = c

Angle defined as tan(a) = c/a (high school stuff)

Each angle of attack was given 10 shots fired from an angel speed at 285 fps (+/- 2 fps). We were using Worr Domination Paint, at about 83 degrees fairenheit, balls that missed the target were not counted in the data. The angel was being fed by a halo b,and a crosfire 68/4500 low pressure preset tank. Relative humidity was not known but it was very low. Winds were calm and barometric pressures were unknown.
Angle of attack and percent of paint that hits the target breaking

0* = 90%
5* = 90%
10* = 100%
15* = 100%
20* = 100%
30* = 100%
45* = 100%
60* = 100%
90* = 100%

Same setup but with Zap Primer. Gun rechronoed for the paint to ~285 fps again. More inconsistant than before due to paint.

0* = 90%
5* = 90%
10* = 90%
15* = 80%
20* = 100%
30* = 100%
45* = 100%
60* = 90%
90* = 100%

Same test done with random orange paint found in one of my pods in the back of the store . Possibilities: hellfire, domination, gap. Rechronoed

0* = 90%
5* = 100%
10* = 90%
15* = 100%
20* = 100%
30* = 100%
45* = 100%
60* = 100%
90* = 100%

On a side note we did a separate gun and found if you leave paint on you get better chances of it deflecting. Also the ricochet deflected 100% of airsoft bb's fired at it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did this test quite a few months ago after a dispute with a guy who claimed his ricochet deflected 90% of balls shot at it from all angles. So we mounted his up and shot at it alot. Our results may be atypical but it is what we found by testing. :dance: :dance: :dance:

GT
06-20-2004, 05:02 PM
For some reason I find myself defending my choice. The irony here is that i didnt ask anyones advice........

It rarely does, We mounted one and attacked it from all angles.

Each angle of attack was given 10 shots fired from an angel speed at 285 fps (+/- 2 fps).

there are a couple of problems here,
1. You only shot at the rico a total of 10 times per each angle per paint type? Being that n=10 is hardly a sample, nor any statsical signfgance

2. did the rico have paint inside the hopper?

3. Was the hopper mounted to a sold object or something simliar to human density

Finally,
a few reasons why I want this loader,
1. I dont trust halo's. I see to many of them go down at the local feild
2, Ricochet has some of the best customer service. They are good to me, I am good to them simple as that. Besides they are pretty far removed from the sp stuff....
3. I currently own one of the first 2k lcd's that came out. it has been the best hopper I have ever owned. Most inportantly it works and the shells are some of the best made around

xXHavokXx
06-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Sorry didn't mean this as an attack merely it reminded me of an observation we did due to a guy we knew, it cut and pasted that from an email i had where my cool little drawings looked way better than they came out here.

apart from that: the n=10 was just something easy to use as we didnt have a ton of paint that wasnt for sale laying around and we were doing this with the guy we were debating with so we didnt want to take all day. i know statistically 10 is a horrible sampling size but hey if i wanted an exact percentage the experiment would have had way more control.

The rico was mounted on a 2k1 STO being held in place by a soft jawed vice to stabilize it but not clamped tight and restrained with surgical tubing so it would give a little. Again, for more precision we should have had a person hold it. And the rico was 3/4 full. We didnt want to break paint in the hopper after shooting it numerous times.

The guys wanted a more exacting approach to this than me laying into the hopper and seeing how many bounce off.

Again, I also didn't try everykind of paint. We used decent paint with the exception of primer. We could have gotten garbage paint from walmart and gotten 100 percent bounces off it.

The descison on what kind of hopper you get is yours and I'm glad you dont buy stuff just because other people do . I use a HALO which means no bounces off the hopper, I think in the past 2 years that I've used one I've had one. I was just commenting on the "deflection technology" aspect of the hopper from my observations, I dont think I've ever shot someone with A Rico and had it bounce off. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe it's the fact I'm snobby and waste money I could use otherwise to buy good paint.

oh yeah......... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

-=Squid=-
06-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Shells are the best you have seen around?

Apparently they are the ONLY shells you have seen around ... those things are more brittle than the newer style revvies. I had one break just by leaning my gun against a wall (ricco was on the wall)

Dont get me wrong; they are good. But they DONT deflect paint, mine never did even when hit at the proper angles for delfection, it would just leave a big streak of paint on the hopper.

Other than that though, they are nice hoppers. Im not bashing them by any stretch of the imagination. Great customer support, but they would sell a LOT more if they changed the look... dropped the "deflection engeneering" crap and made a REAL hopper. That will be the downfall of the apache I believe.

With that being said, I want to buy an apache too... I have a fascination with hoppers.

GT
06-20-2004, 08:11 PM
those things are more brittle than the newer style revvies..

Other than that though, they are nice hoppers.

dropped the "deflection engeneering" crap and made a REAL hopper.

With that being said, I want to buy an apache too... I have a fascination with hoppers.

so strange this squid.......

Havok,
Yea i figured as much. I think in the end to do true quantitave testing there are two huge factors, time and money. good post though

to be perfectly honest I am still considering a HALO, they just make me nervous

sneakyhacker420
06-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Shells are the best you have seen around?

Apparently they are the ONLY shells you have seen around ... those things are more brittle than the newer style revvies. I had one break just by leaning my gun against a wall (ricco was on the wall)

Dont get me wrong; they are good. But they DONT deflect paint, mine never did even when hit at the proper angles for delfection, it would just leave a big streak of paint on the hopper.

Other than that though, they are nice hoppers. Im not bashing them by any stretch of the imagination. Great customer support, but they would sell a LOT more if they changed the look... dropped the "deflection engeneering" crap and made a REAL hopper. That will be the downfall of the apache I believe.

With that being said, I want to buy an apache too... I have a fascination with hoppers.wow... you got some bad shells

my smoke ones refuse to break even after it fell off in the middle of the game and i had to kick it to my bunker

every rico ive had has been indestructible, yours musta been some bad shells, but rico will replace them for free

-=Squid=-
06-20-2004, 09:07 PM
You guys are forgetting... jesus hates me.

And GTRSI, you broke apart my post, but you didnt make your point. :confused:

gc82000
06-20-2004, 09:44 PM
dude you want to find an Apache that is less then a 100 wherea are you shopping. they usually run for 65 bucks and on Guam they sell around 80.

GT
06-20-2004, 10:07 PM
they usually run for 65 bucks

WHERE? Are you sure you are looking at apaches for 65 bucks?

68magOwner
06-20-2004, 11:42 PM
i got mine for $45 brand new off ebay when they first came out, then traded straight up for a halo b, they are great hoppers, much better than anything but a halo. ive used eggs, an apache, halo's, a warp, a 2k, a ak, a vl200, a 9vt revvy, a 12vt revvy, the apache is second only to the halo

xXHavokXx
06-21-2004, 04:01 AM
to be perfectly honest I am still considering a HALO, they just make me nervous

Just dont run into things like I do and you'll be fine.

-=Squid=-
06-21-2004, 04:04 PM
gtrsi - I know you dont trust me for anything, but trust me on this: You will be happier with a halo. Odyssey has customer service just as good as riccochet, and they make a superior hopper.

GT
06-21-2004, 09:29 PM
gtrsi - I know you dont trust me for anything,

come on man,
Your AO's tether ball. You get smacked and come right back.

How far is Ft Smith from Flippin? Ill be up there sometime durring christmass.

-=Squid=-
06-22-2004, 12:02 AM
come on man,
Your AO's tether ball. You get smacked and come right back.

How far is Ft Smith from Flippin? Ill be up there sometime durring christmass.
About 2 and a half hours. Cmon up, we can have a practice/scrim day or something on our haggard field.