PDA

View Full Version : Any impulse techs?

PzYcO
06-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey, ive got a 2k2 rat impulse with numerous leaks, one is because someone CUT the gasket???, Another is UNKNOWN..... I had a local guy look at it, but he isnt that great and couldnt find the leak, anyone out here that can help/ send my gun too? Thanks...

WaffleHouseNinja
06-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Lube everything, including the noid, look for broken o rings, lower your dwell to 16 and raise your maxxy pressure to 210 or so

desslock
06-20-2004, 11:13 AM
do you have a vert or horz max flo? Are you using a diff type of reg? Leaks on imps are usally 2 things. reg problm or noid problm. Check you noid make sure the gasket on top isnt crusted with old dow, also pull the noid out and check all of the little o rings I think there are 4 of em, there tiny, look for any type of damage. Take your reg apart clean it up and re-dow. When using the dow33 (only use dow33 no oil) lightly, I mean lightly! coat all the o rings inside the reg. Also check you valve, sometimes leaks can occur if the valve is not seated correctly or if there is damage to the orings. Basically your ripping the entire rat apart, look at reg, valve, noid for o-rings clean all of em and relube. While your at it check your hammer to make sure the head is nice and secure on the shaft. also clean and ru-lube rings on the hammer assmbly. go to smartparts.com and download imp manual and max flo manual via adobe. Also check out http://www.impulseownersgroup.com/vb/. Hope this helps.

RRfireblade
06-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Cert SP tech. PM me if you want to send it.

Jay.