PDA

View Full Version : Emag 'noid getting weak after a few shots! confused

NoFearPaintballer
06-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Ok this is bad and couldnt be happening at a worse moment, i got a tournament this sunday (the 27th) and my solenoid is getting a little weak after a stream of some shots!(about 20 or so) and the solenoid is getting hot but not burning hot. it does this on a full battery. then when i wait a few seconds i can get another stream or 2-3 shots in. its quite weird and i need help, and fast!

RRfireblade
06-20-2004, 01:20 PM
That's pretty much what they do when they are going bad. Start with a fully charged battery putting out 18v+.Then make sure the on/off is WELL lubed and moving freely.Make sure the plunger is not bent and rides with zero resistance in the 'niod body,no rubbing at all.There is a screw that holds the 'niod in place in the right side grip panel,remove that screw entirely and see if that helps. If that doesn't help any.......it's likely a bad 'niod.

NoFearPaintballer
06-20-2004, 01:29 PM
:mad: :cuss: would lubing the plunger help at all? if so what type of lube?

RRfireblade
06-20-2004, 01:40 PM
No.

As long as it's not rubbing,it needs no lube.

You can also check the plunger length,it should be 3.005". If you don't have a caliper to measure it, fire the marker by pressing on the plunger with a screw driver and the electronics off. It should fire just before the plunger bottoms out.

Tunaman
06-20-2004, 06:57 PM
You need to check the resistance across the leads with an ohm meter. This is the only way to tell if it is any good. You should have 2.8-3 ohms. ;)

NoFearPaintballer
06-20-2004, 09:27 PM
where do i get a ohm meter? and waht is it

RRfireblade
06-20-2004, 10:38 PM
You need to check the resistance across the leads with an ohm meter. This is the only way to tell if it is any good. You should have 2.8-3 ohms. ;)

Actually that will only tell you if it's bad. ;) It may read ~3ohms and 'still' be bad or near so.

FYI, an Ohm meter is a device that measures resistance, in this case across a coil.It can also tell you if said coil (in this case) is either open or shorted.It's typically found as a 'multimeter' which includes functions such as voltage and amperage.You've probalby seen one before, small box with red and black wire leads coming from it and a digital LCD or sweep meter on the top.