PDA

View Full Version : idea

Phatty B
10-13-2001, 03:18 PM
I have always wondered about the design of the automag. While very durable the marker is also unusually heavy for its size. Does anyone know if aluminum, or some other light weight metal could be used ine the automags scunstruction? Also has anyone ever thought of creating an automag bolt out of aluminum, titanium, or a combination of a plastic front section and metal rear section where the bolt comes in contact with the spring. I really am interesting in knowing about the use of lighters metals in the body and rail assemblies of this marker. This would reduced the weight of the gun considerably. Please respong to my post.

Thankyou...

Load SM5
10-14-2001, 06:42 PM
I see you are new here so you've missed a few things :)

AGD Europe has developed a new aluminum body for the mag with a modular feed system that takes cocker barrels. Just unscrew the barrel and the whole breech lifts out and can be set up with a side feed for warp feeds or vertical feed. Also a new partial delrin bolt is in the works but the bugs are bing worked out. AGD knows that people want a lighter gun but are'nt going to release an imperfect product.

Although stainless is much more durable...

I also see you live in Muscle Shoals. I live in Decatur and play up in your neck of the woods. Ever go to North Alabama Paintball?

DeVioSiTY
10-15-2001, 12:56 AM
I have seem some aftermarket parts for the Automag that are made from Titanium. While they aren't recommended by AGD, you could certainly try them if you're looking for a lighter 'Mag.

Diamond Labs makes a Purple Anodized Titanium 8 port Valve, that should cut the weight of that chunk of metal considerably over Stainless Steel. Here's a picture of it from Big Boy Toys (http://www.bbtpaintball.com/pictures/MagValves.jpg)

MikeCouves
10-15-2001, 04:49 AM
Meh...I think the stock parts are the best out there. A little weight never hurt anyone right http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/pumpkin1.gif?

Phatty B
10-15-2001, 08:01 AM
Yea i play at north alabama paintball all the time. You might have seen me out there before. I shoot an automag polished sivler grey, with nitroduck 68ci tank, and a smart parts stainless barrel. I also just bought a benchmark 45 frame with double trigger. Ill probably be out there playing this weekend or in the 2 man tournament the weekend after this one. So if you wanna meet me or wanna play come out there. YOu can ask about me, i know most of the staff there. Ask about Jason Blankenship. If anyone has information, or knows a websitet to find info on the aluminum automag body from AGD Europe please tell me or on the delrin bolt. Thankyou.

Phatty B
10-15-2001, 08:10 AM
i have found th site for the aluminum body but if anyone knows about the delrin bolt please post information. thankyou

Load SM5
10-15-2001, 10:22 AM
Theres a thread about the bolt in the main forum, if you don't find it I'll try and locate it after I get home from work.

Scorch
10-16-2001, 11:12 AM
Made by Venom Toxic Toys.

I tried like heck to get one for my RT but they had already stopped production.

There was a rumor that the fiberglass section had a history of seperating from the Ti part. Bummer. I bet it was very light weight.

Scorch

cphilip
10-18-2001, 08:16 AM
Not a Deep Blue subject. Moving to Tech...