PDA

View Full Version : XMag problem

l33t sniper
06-20-2004, 05:46 PM
I just got a brand new X mag 2 days ago and for some reason the gun won't turn on. I charged the battery and put it on the mag and it just isn't starting up! I am sure the battery works because I hooked it up to my Emag and it worked fine. The gun was working yesterday but today it just won't turn on!

Cthulhu
06-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Assuming that the x-mag software is the same as the e-mag software in this reguard, ensure that the trigger magnet (adjusted with an allen key in the middle of the trigger) is backed away from the sensor. If the e-mag is reading as "fire" when it starts up, nothing will show on the display 'cuz it uses that power for the noid.

If that doesn't work, ensure that the board screw is tight. The board uses the mount on the body to ground. If the screw is loose it won't have a complete circut hence it won't power on. Although I thought they power-tested all their products before they left the factory, its possible that you may need to sand the anno off the mount under the board to get it to ground properly. I know I did that and it got rid of some of my intermittent problems, I'd do it anyway. :D

You said you tested the battery on an e-mag, have you brought the e-mag battery over to try it on the x-mag?

Hope this helps.

l33t sniper
06-20-2004, 08:03 PM
won't work with the E mag bat also

l33t sniper
06-20-2004, 08:14 PM
I know there is power in the gun somewhere because the eye just friggin shocked me! (it hurt bad lol) :shooting: :mad: :cuss:

Cthulhu
06-20-2004, 08:16 PM
I would check the grounding then (of course ensure that the battery is removed before mucking about with the board). That'd be my best guidance.

Cthulhu
06-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Also check that magnet... (Shoulda been before the other post...)

l33t sniper
06-20-2004, 08:22 PM
I tried the magnet and the screw in the board but it still isn't workin but it did work a few days ago so it WAS at one time working

l33t sniper
06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
no sure how but I fixed it lol