PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Artwork (eware 56k large pictures)

ramennoodles
06-20-2004, 06:16 PM
First off, i don't know if this is in the right place, if it isn't, feel free to move it.

Well, I've been messing around with drawing paintball stuff for a while and thought that i might try to sell some of my work to offset the cost that tournaments are dealing to my wallet, but before i did, i thought i should get some feed back from you guys, because i trust you. so i'll post some of my stuff, and just tell me what you think, thanks.

Isaac

p.s. this is what actual art would look like, on card stock, in a neat format, the rest are just sketches.

ramennoodles
06-20-2004, 06:25 PM
here are the rest, i was having problems with them.

jesseyo13
06-20-2004, 06:28 PM
nice....the top one reminds me of denis

EDIT: what does the little writing pointing to the angel say?

paintpiggie
06-20-2004, 07:39 PM
honestly,
they look very unfinished.
too sketchy.
not very purchase quality.

work on the lines, try inking it.
colors need to be developed more.
shadows, shading..
stuff like that.

the details on the guns are pretty good.

keep it up.

StickFigurSicide
06-20-2004, 07:46 PM
personally, im not sure how you'd sell them (then again I dont know how normal artist sell their work).

But, if you like drawing and doodiling like that, ever consider making a comic strip? Something like the Whiteboard (www.the-whiteboard.com)-With a different story line charecters, of corse.

Just a thought

Stick

amoeba
06-20-2004, 07:47 PM
nice job i like it. keep practicing and it will pay off

-=Squid=-
06-20-2004, 07:52 PM
They all seem different. It seems like two different people drew them.

Some of the player sketches are done well, but much of the equipment sketches leave much to be desired.

You need to fill them in more; like it was said, VERY sketchy. Most people dont want to buy sketches, they want art.

Keep practicing, work on the equipment details. You have the players form pretty well.

ramennoodles
06-20-2004, 08:49 PM
thank you all for your replies, yeah, these are just sketches, nothing that i would sell, i'll try and complete a sample of what i would sell and get it up, these are from thge very beginning of paintball drawing for me, i don't have a scanner so i don't get to upload new stuff, i'll try though.

GrassNinja
06-20-2004, 09:55 PM
man, I thought this was going to be a thread for posting paintball artwork, where lots of folks would post their stuff. now Im bummed. and almost drunk enough to start a whole new thread, where we can all post our idea of paintball artwork. well, catch ya'll later.

GrassNinja

gc82000
06-20-2004, 10:09 PM
nice work
i can tell you young and it shows in your work keep it up. I know some gys that would like to talk to you about freehand tattoos.

ramennoodles
06-20-2004, 10:14 PM
i really enjoy tattoo work....chemistry gets boring when you know it all...

conk_kool_a1d
06-20-2004, 10:21 PM
there good real good but im really not sure if people would buy them i would like to see some finsihed work however :headbang: :dance: :headbang:

GrassNinja
06-21-2004, 12:02 AM
I would like to see other work

GrassNInja

Konigballer
06-21-2004, 01:09 AM
I really dont think these are marketable just yet.

I'm just being honest here and critics are never fun but...

1. the sketch at the top does not posess the technical skill to warrant somebody purchasing it,
nomatter what its printed on. Everybody here probably knows somebody who could take a
picture out of a paintball magazine, draw it, and have it look at least as good as your
drawing.

2. the image has no real "spark" to make it sellable it just looks like a doodle. Try to do more
interesting compositions, like the ones in some of your less refined sketches, and make
better use of the elements of color.

3. the proportions of the drawing at the top are very off. If you can imagine him unscrewing his
gripframe from the gun, you can see in the picture that the grip frame is taller than the guys
head...thats a little off. He even appears to have room on the thing for several additional
fingers. Things like this pop out as soon as your inspect the drawing.

Keep practicing, your what, like around 16? Thats plenty of time to improve your skills if you might later choose some type of career in an art related field, as long as your not too busy chasing chicks. I actually like your rough layout sketch of the two guys behind the bunker better. The guy lying down has so much more life to him than the guy in the first picture at the very top. Good job :cheers:

ramennoodles
06-21-2004, 08:35 AM
GrassNinja-What kinda stuff?

Konigballer- thank you very much, i appreciate your criticism, i'm working on refining my technique, inking stuff, clean lines, colour, but i hadn't even thought of as you call it making my characters"have more life" thanks.

68_Classic
06-21-2004, 10:20 AM
nice work..keep up the good work

Bolter
06-21-2004, 11:58 AM
get rid of the drop forward!!

just kidding! Sketching is cool, mostly the best work comes from a sketch. Yours looks promising, keep it up!

The Frymarker
06-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Great job with the sketches!!!! :D

ramennoodles
06-21-2004, 08:33 PM
i really appreciate it guys, i'm working on a sell worthy(hopefully) drawing now, i'll post it when i get a chance, i really appreciate it guys.