PDA

View Full Version : Micromag Bodys

kungfuhampster11
06-20-2004, 07:51 PM
I am thinking about replacing my minimag body with a micromag body, since there so hard to find alone (just body) i was wondering how small they really are, are they any smaller than a chord body or somethin?

Chronobreak
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
prob close to the same sie but remeber the body/rail are one part

06-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Micromag bodies arent made to the same tolerances as AGD bodies so some of them have problems.

PsychoBaller
06-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Micromag bodies are not really considerably smaller.. but they are by a tiny bit. The whole thing is one piece (no seperate rail/body). They were the first mag bodies to take cocker barrels, so thats a plus.

I recently fixed a kids Micro in my local sponsors store, and the LVL 10 that was installed was being really finicky.

-baller

kungfuhampster11
06-21-2004, 11:55 AM
so, my minimag with an 8 inch barrel would probly be smalle rthan a micromag with an8 inch barrel?

Bulldog
06-21-2004, 12:09 PM
I am thinking about replacing my minimag body with a micromag body, since there so hard to find alone (just body) i was wondering how small they really are, are they any smaller than a chord body or somethin?

You can get them alone, just call up PTP. They are not smaller tho. Maybe shorter...I dunno, if anything they're a little bigger overall. My recomendation is, unless you really like the looks of the micro, go with a ULE. Smaller, lighter, better detents, and you can change the feedneck.

so, my minimag with an 8 inch barrel would probly be smalle rthan a micromag with an8 inch barrel?

By smaller, do you mean shorter?

kungfuhampster11
06-21-2004, 12:36 PM
sorry, i should have clarified it, yes i was tlaking abobut it being shorter (length wise, not height wise)

Bulldog
06-21-2004, 02:00 PM
The Mini-mag body with barrel will most likely be an inch or two shorter, as the the twistlock barrel treading has more of the barrel inside the body. But it's definately going to be alot taller than anything vert feed.

kungfuhampster11
06-21-2004, 02:20 PM
also, are theyre any electronic trigger frames for mags that actually work good?

Chronobreak
06-21-2004, 02:30 PM
check out the devil mag and if u cant afford that get a spyder frame and ult ;)

kungfuhampster11
06-21-2004, 02:37 PM
i dunno, i want an electronic gun but i want my mag still, and i dont think i could rig up the esp frame to work on my mag cuz im too dumb

kungfuhampster11
06-22-2004, 12:29 PM
are the micromag+chord bodies the same length? i saw a chord body over the internet and it looked very short

big E kingpin
06-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Micromag bodies arent made to the same tolerances as AGD bodies so some of them have problems.

i have had my micro going on 7 years now. there has been too many shots to estimate through it, and i have never once had, nor heard of a problem with the tolerance of the body. i would buy another in a heart beat

nicad
06-22-2004, 06:58 PM
the chord is shorter than the micromag body, both in length and hight.. but remeber the micromag has the rail integrated into it, as well as a feedneck with cocker threaded cup (depending on year).
Chord is a hair under 5.75" long.

Micromag bodies DID have some tolerance problems.. some seemed to work ok, others didnt. Mostly it was the searpin pivot location was drilled in the wrong place so to get it work right you have to get a slightly diff length on/off pin. That and since the valve had to be bolted down against the bottom of the body bore, it was very hard to keep things centered inside.

out!

kungfuhampster11
06-22-2004, 07:05 PM
nicad, do u still make the chord v1's? thats the chord id be buying if i bought on, if u do how much would it cost me?