PDA

View Full Version : timmy lifespan.

felony
06-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey guys.. I am interested in getting a used 2k2, but have some questions.

I have heard that the solenoids are designed for 70,000 cycles and then need to be replaced. How true is this?

Can most problems be teched by yourself @ the field with the proper tools? Or do they need to be shipped to BLAST (obvious if electronics etc .)

Other then major problems, can anyone really mantain and understand this marker? I have worked with mags and m98s my whole life as well as emags. They are both relativly simple markers. I got some friends saying timmys are difficult to use and are always having pressure problems. Somethign tells me it is as simple as understanding the marker and setinging it up properly.

LMK guys

dan

elpimpo
06-20-2004, 11:31 PM
well i dont know about the whole selinoid dealy but timmys are simple. all you need to make sure you do is lube it after each day of play and it will treat you good. ive been using my timmy for almost a year now and it has a lot of paint threw it and ive only had 1 problem and that from not lubeing it properly

SlipknotX556
06-20-2004, 11:52 PM
My noid hasent given out on me yet. But I dont know how many cycles I have had with it.

I bought my 2k2 used, that was a mistake, the person I bought it from, didnt properly take care of it. Noid was being held together by tape, a glue like substance, so were the wiring harness. He also put a GZ frame on it, that pissed me off. So make sure your 2k2 has a clammy.

Timmys are very easy to maintain, I never lubed my timmy, until like last week, I have it for 6 months, it worked great. If any problems arise, they can be fixed at the field, just have the right size allen keys, some Dow 55, only Dow 55 nothing else, some tri flow, you can pick that up at any bike store. Something to be warned about, when you do lube your timmy, be very careful when you take the barbs off, they are very fragile, they are expensive, 4 dollars each, when taking them off, you can try to use your hands, but I have always used a 3/16 socket wrench, I have only broken one barb, that was my fault, I tightened it to much.

Electrical problems will probably not come up unless you blow something ethier in your noid, or fry something on your board.

The timmy is a very reliable gun, with great speed, I have never never chopped a ball in it. Just after you get, make sure you pick up a techna trigger, they are the greatest trigger out there.

elpimpo
06-20-2004, 11:55 PM
why do you need to take off barbs?

felony
06-21-2004, 06:35 AM
thanks for the responses guys!! i appreciate it.

I figured most errors of the gun were caused by the user...

Will let you know if i got any other problems or Qs!

dan

RRfireblade
06-21-2004, 07:32 AM
Don't sweat it Dan,if you have any probs just run it over to me. ;)

I've had Timmies with well over 100K cycles on 'em so I wouldn't worry about it.

Jay.

manike
06-21-2004, 02:34 PM
why do you need to take off barbs?

No idea.

I don't with my guns. Ever.

The only reason you might is if you have a leak at the sleeve o-rings... but they are static seals and rarely leak. They certainly don't need to be lubed regularly. They only ever need work or lubing if they leak. I'm yet to have one leak...

If you need to lube the poppet (again don't do it unless it leaks) you can get to it by removing the reg body...

felony
06-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Don't sweat it Dan,if you have any probs just run it over to me. ;)

I've had Timmies with well over 100K cycles on 'em so I wouldn't worry about it.

Jay.

AWESOME!

Jay, you are the man.. !

tony3
06-21-2004, 03:53 PM
No idea.

I don't with my guns. Ever.

The only reason you might is if you have a leak at the sleeve o-rings... but they are static seals and rarely leak. They certainly don't need to be lubed regularly. They only ever need work or lubing if they leak. I'm yet to have one leak...

If you need to lube the poppet (again don't do it unless it leaks) you can get to it by removing the reg body...
To take off the reg body you need to take on the retaining screw, which is in the way on the reg body barb, which you need to take off.

SlipknotX556
06-21-2004, 04:57 PM
To take off the reg body you need to take on the retaining screw, which is in the way on the reg body barb, which you need to take off.

Exactly, I meant to say barb, not barbs.

RRfireblade
06-21-2004, 05:21 PM
It's offset on 2K4+ so you just have to pull the hose.

elpimpo
06-21-2004, 05:45 PM
the only problems ive ever had was a leaky hose, broken barb (tigthening body screws to tight), and wicked bad velocity problems (from not lubing the lpr properly)

tony3
06-21-2004, 09:19 PM
It's offset on 2K4+ so you just have to pull the hose.

*shakes fist*

sneakyhacker420
06-21-2004, 09:23 PM
It's offset on 2K4+ so you just have to pull the hose.its also offset on the Evil gas blocks

oh god did i love my evil gas block and respirator with the aid of a sidewinder - LPR was running at friggin 43 psi