PDA

View Full Version : anno'ing

smartfarts
06-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Where do you guys get your parts anno'ed??

I only know of the Xtreme paintball thread and they are cutting it off for now.. not to mention it costs 100 dollars.

You see I only need to anno 2 parts (Y grip frame and trigger) and it wouldn't be worth the cost.
Color schemes i'd like is polished red frame/black trigger (best) Or red both. Black both im ok with.

High qual and cheaper than xtreme.. is that possible??

Thanks ahead of time for your help guys.

Blazestorm
06-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Not really, it takes the same amount of work to anno an entire gun as it does 2 parts, so unless you can find someone doing a batch (aka someone else getting the same color you want) you'll have to pay full price.

I suggest annoing the entire gun something new :bounce:

Chronobreak
06-21-2004, 07:12 AM
cheap and high quality...only one name comes to mind...www.whitewolfairsmithing.com

sneakyhacker420
06-21-2004, 07:43 AM
cheap and high quality...only one name comes to mind...www.whitewolfairsmithing.comcheap and quality.... but not speed.... thats why it takes 3 months to ano one thing

www.atmf.com - thats the anodizer that AKA uses for all of their stuff, and i think PTP used them also, judging by how they had the graphic anodized micromags

Chronobreak
06-21-2004, 07:51 AM
price, speed,quality ~~ pick two ;) yes he can be slow but that depends on the annoers not him sometimes its 2 weeks soemtimes its up to 3 months from what i hear but seeing as he only has two pieces i thought it might be a decent option for him

sneakyhacker420
06-21-2004, 08:29 AM
but i think he'd want to use his gun within a few weeks not 3-4 months

anotech has really good prices, especially if you're doing a full gun

but as they say on their site, "Production cababilities range from proto-type to large volume orders"

i still say that we need to ano an all-aluminum car one day

TeamNausea
06-21-2004, 10:57 AM
As long as he wants a red or black thing it wont take long at all... He does it in batches and those are popular colors so it wouldnt be 3-4 months i dont suppose

Aliens-8-MyDad
06-21-2004, 06:40 PM
well i'm getting ano done with white wolf and its been 14 weeks so far... thats 3.5 months no word of when its gonna be done, im just hoping it will be before i die...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-21-2004, 07:11 PM
i've never heard of one single anodizing company/business that hasn't done something wrong

nicad
06-21-2004, 07:37 PM
I can get parts ano'd for $25/color, one color per part.
you cover shipping both ways.
turnaround will be less than 2 (two) weeks.

let me know..

colin
@
deadlywind
com

out! :)

tyrion2323
06-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Try Fear Factory Paintball.
Fear Factory Paintball (http://www.fearfactorypb.elementpaintball.us)

I'll talk to Richard for ya =)

Jacob

sneakyhacker420
06-21-2004, 10:21 PM
I can get parts ano'd for $25/color, one color per part.
you cover shipping both ways.
turnaround will be less than 2 (two) weeks.

let me know..

colin
@
deadlywind
com

out! :)
$25 per part? or $25 total for one color on multiple parts

smartfarts
06-23-2004, 02:09 AM
Woa thanks guys you're alot of help!
I'm going to look into this for another week and make sure I'm making the right decision.

Sounds like White Wolf is off the list.. hope you get it soon, Aliens!