PDA

View Full Version : vortex fan?

rkjunior303
06-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Anyone use these? I am looking for a way to help assist the defogging of my glasses while playing... Seems like it's a good idea -- how heavy are they?

jayloo
06-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I have one, Its ok. I use it on my proteus. It will defog your glasses but the tradeoff is noise. Its a little loud and has interfered with me hearing calls during play. Also it is cheaply made.

I just got a Vforce Profiler and Im lovin it. Hasn't fogged yet.

rkjunior303
06-21-2004, 12:31 PM
I probably won't leave it on during games -- more just a quick blast to defog, etc. then shut it off.. Hmm.. contacts contacts contacts i should just get contacts.

RoadDawg
06-21-2004, 12:40 PM
They do the job but like Jayloo said, you sacrifice anti fogging for noise. I'll also second his Profiler fact. I'm yet to fog up my glasses, even on a rainy day I had one small spot of fogging but it was on my glasses and a quick wipe down before going in and it didn't come back.

rkjunior303
06-21-2004, 01:25 PM
They do the job but like Jayloo said, you sacrifice anti fogging for noise. I'll also second his Profiler fact. I'm yet to fog up my glasses, even on a rainy day I had one small spot of fogging but it was on my glasses and a quick wipe down before going in and it didn't come back.

maybe ill check them out... that's my problem. the lens of the mast doesnt fog, it's always the eyeglasses themselves

stevewagner89
06-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Take some dish soap and pour some on ech side of the lense and rub it off with a t-shirt and itll keep your glasses from fogging all day. You have to do it about everytime you play. But its definatly worth it. Also its cheaper than buying a fan.

Chris42050
06-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah I would try that soap thing or some other way of defogging your glasses. I have a jt mask and the fan. The fan isn't very powerful. Its noisy too. Not worth the money. Or get contacts like you said. I used to wear glasses and had the same problem you did. Contacts solve the problem and are way better than glasses. You get back your periferal vision and usually people can see better than 20/20 now with the new contacts that are out.

The Spanish Inquisition
06-21-2004, 07:30 PM
You have JT Thermal lenses? I have them in my oldschool X-Fire and I cannot make them fog. I put them in about a week after I bought that mask back in 97 and no matter what I do I can't get them to fog. I even put them on in a steamy bathroom with the shower running and still no fog. I assume that the mask you have has them stock because JT started using them in all of their stuff, but its worth a shot.

MarkM
06-21-2004, 07:44 PM
You have JT Thermal lenses? I have them in my oldschool X-Fire and I cannot make them fog. I put them in about a week after I bought that mask back in 97 and no matter what I do I can't get them to fog. I even put them on in a steamy bathroom with the shower running and still no fog. I assume that the mask you have has them stock because JT started using them in all of their stuff, but its worth a shot.
I know a lot of us try to save money but the way your post reads you haven't changed your lens in 7 years :eek: now again I know we don't all swap the lens after a direct hit like it says on the packet but I wouldn't feel in the least bit safe with a lens that old...if I mis-read your post then by all means correct me but it sure as hell sounds the way it does.

Ratzo
06-22-2004, 05:14 AM
I had decided I did not want to spend the cash($90 CDN) that for a JT fan.
So what I did was go to RadioShack and picked up a small PC fan that fits between the mask and visor.
I used a 9v pigtail and a small switch.
This set up is so quiet and moves a lot of air.
It's been working for me the past 3yrs.
I paid just a little over $15.

shivors
06-22-2004, 06:38 AM
My brother and I have used JT fans for years. He has glasses and they help him tremendously. For me they feel good on hot days and help with condensation on very hot and humid days.

rkjunior303
06-22-2004, 07:24 AM
thanks for all the info guys.. For the $20, I can afford to check one out. Like I said, the mask isn't the problem.. My JT thermals never fog, it's my glasses themselves.