PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Dead Mans Walk

Lohman446
06-21-2004, 04:44 PM
So, we are out playing in the woods the other day, Im guarding the right flank, which is also the two track to walk out on - the rules distinctly say the path is in bounds and I often walk down it shooting. I had my phantom and was getting heavy fire, the kid in my bunker next to me didnt know what to do.

I step out, and walk down that path, gun down, hands at my side, I look at one opponent in a bunker trying to get his marker to shoot, and BS with him for awhile about the e-blade, I then walk past him and towards there base.

I stop, this is way way to easy, so I turn around and walk back towards the teams, leaning against a bunker behind my opponents, there are two to my left now and one on the tape line. Then I see, up and centered from them the field owner, there best player - yeh this is going to be worth it.

I walk up to him, and sit down in his bunker next to him, we aer just getting pounded from my team, I look at him. "So, how illegal is a deadman's walk". He just looks at me "You haven't been hit yet?" "Nah." Now here it is - I had accomplished what I wanted, I was grinning and laughing, he was to, and just looking at me. I shrugged and nodded "you know, this isn't going to count, I'm just walking off now." And I did, and he played.

Why?
Oh, it was great, the look on his face was awesome. I got the fun of a successful deadman's walk without any of the bitterness of the unsporting (but legal) tactic. The look through his mask... the greatest. And I got awesome prices on everything the rest of the day. We lost, and the person I could have taken out, and the people behind him that I walked past were part of the loss, but if you cant play recball for fun, why play?

Chris42050
06-21-2004, 05:02 PM
You shoulda killed them all. No surrendering. No mercy. As far as I can tell you didnt do anything wrong. If you walked with your gun in the air it woulda been different.

AGDlover
06-21-2004, 05:12 PM
You shoulda killed them all. No surrendering. No mercy. As far as I can tell you didnt do anything wrong. If you walked with your gun in the air it woulda been different.

he had a phantom thats not that great agenst semi auto ppl unless ur going pump wars

Lohman446
06-21-2004, 05:14 PM
It was legal, zero doubt.. i had a phantom, I could have taken several of them considering the strength of the bunker I was in when I paused - but it was for fun, and the look on his face when I sat in his bunker... and he knew I was on the other team... :rofl:

bleachit
06-21-2004, 05:18 PM
it definately sounds like it was worth it.

GotMag?
06-21-2004, 05:22 PM
i say you shoot him in the foot and when he's like wtf? you go oh sorry man but ur out or talk a second and then say "hey, you wanna surrender? *with the barrel on his back*"

ZapTheMad
06-21-2004, 06:09 PM
shoulda tapped him with your barrel and said GOTCHA!

ilikePB
06-21-2004, 07:53 PM
You shoulda killed them all...No mercy.

I like it! :headbang:

tribalman
06-21-2004, 10:47 PM
...if you cant play recball for fun, why play?

haha, awsome. nice work. i'm actually glad to read that you walked off the field. not being the "j00 sh0ulda pwned them" role that usually goes on. i wish i coulda seen the look on his face. :wow:

FSU_Paintball
06-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Nice job... I hate dead man's walks, it really takes a lot of the sportsmanship and friendliness out of recball. Not to mention it causes more people to get shot up while walking off the field because everyone has a doubt in their mind. What you did was actually fun and funny.

I remember playing in the woods about 4 years ago... one of my teammates was behind a tree looking at the opposition, and an enemy comes in and slides in right beside him asking, "Where are they? What do you have?"

So, he pointed at his enemies, said, "they're over there." And got the enemies to fight each other. It was pretty amusing.