PDA

View Full Version : How Exactly do Timmy's work?

Chojin Man
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Does anyone have a link to an exploded view of an intimidator? Or any pics to show how the air is flowing? I don't really know how these run and wanted to find out more. Thank You.

FallNAngel
06-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Other than the flow path, they generally work like any other stacked tube electopneumatic marker. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Curly
06-21-2004, 11:17 PM
You pull the trigger, the board fires the solinoid which sends air to the back of the ram. The ram goes forward and slams the valve open, the gun fires, after 8-12 ms the noid sends air to the front of the ram and returns it to the rear position, the valve closes. Then it does it again. thats the basic operation of a timmy...

Chojin Man
06-21-2004, 11:28 PM
thanks. i guess what i'm really looking for though is an exploded view listing all of the parts.

GoatBoy
06-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Here's a rough animation of how an Intimidator basically works.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/works.html

Replace spring/sear with ram/solenoid and that's about it. I guess the trigger and grip changes too.

Here's the manual.

http://www.paintball-review.com/manuals/boblongintimidatormanual.pdf

Fanatic
06-22-2004, 04:15 AM
does anyone else see the humor of how coincedently goat linked a spyder diagram..

gc82000
06-22-2004, 04:25 AM
Okay buy a Spyder and and with the 800 hundred dollars left over flush it down the toilet. :rofl:

felony
06-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Okay buy a Spyder and and with the 800 hundred dollars left over flush it down the toilet. :rofl:

umm no

LittlePaintballBoy
06-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Goat that might show how the valve system works, but not really for the timmy. There is nothing in the animations that shows how the board triggers the noid and the like.

coolcatpete
06-22-2004, 09:12 AM
They are basicaly th same thing except one has an electro pheumatic do hiky instead of a spring.
Pete

FSU_Paintball
06-22-2004, 11:00 AM
does anyone else see the humor of how coincedently goat linked a spyder diagram..

Yeah, made me chuckle :)

tony3
06-22-2004, 11:18 AM
They are basicaly th same thing except one has an electro pheumatic do hiky instead of a spring.
Pete

Yeah, same with imps, bushys, angels, tribals.

tribalman
06-22-2004, 11:31 AM
"They are basicaly th same thing except one has an electro pheumatic do hiky instead of a spring.
Pete"

yea, this old dissussion again..
from what i can figure about the timmy, the air enters the lpr hpr. from the hpr some goes into the ram sleeve and pushes the bolt back. it also goes into the air hose into the noid. depress trigger and the board activates the noid. in the noid is a small tube(for a lack of better word) with holes that moves up and down. it moves which opens pathways first to the back of the ram pushing the bolt forward and air goes into a small hole in the bottom of the bolt which leads the air to the ball. when the bolt is forward the ram is sealed off so no more air can get through. then the tube moves in the oposite direction, closing off the passage to the back of the ram, and opens the passage to the front of the ram sleeve. this pushes the bolt back. repeat as needed.

i think this is how it works. but this is my guessing from looking at the manual. spyders are different. they don't have the noid, or any of the other parts that make a timmy a timmy. as has been stated many times, the only thing in common are the fact that both are stacked tube design, which is used by many other markers also.

No sKiLLz
06-22-2004, 12:08 PM
"They are basicaly th same thing except one has an electro pheumatic do hiky instead of a spring.
Pete"

yea, this old dissussion again..
from what i can figure about the timmy, the air enters the lpr hpr. from the hpr some goes into the ram sleeve and pushes the bolt back. it also goes into the air hose into the noid. depress trigger and the board activates the noid. in the noid is a small tube(for a lack of better word) with holes that moves up and down. it moves which opens pathways first to the back of the ram pushing the bolt forward and air goes into a small hole in the bottom of the bolt which leads the air to the ball. when the bolt is forward the ram is sealed off so no more air can get through. then the tube moves in the oposite direction, closing off the passage to the back of the ram, and opens the passage to the front of the ram sleeve. this pushes the bolt back. repeat as needed.

i think this is how it works. but this is my guessing from looking at the manual. spyders are different. they don't have the noid, or any of the other parts that make a timmy a timmy. as has been stated many times, the only thing in common are the fact that both are stacked tube design, which is used by many other markers also.
Very very close. The inline feeds the LPR and noid.

The LPR feeds into the dump chamber where there the output opening is a poppet and cup seal.

The noid is tubed into the ram sleeve and feeds the front AND the back of the ram. The ram is sealed on both sides. The front of the tube is pressurized holding the ram back when the gun is in resting position. When the trigger is pulled, the noid opens into the back of the ram tube, pushes the ram forward and sealing off the front noid input, hits the poppet and the air from the LPR's dump chamber flows into the bolt.

Chojin Man
06-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys!

GoatBoy
06-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Very very close. The inline feeds the LPR and noid.

The LPR feeds into the dump chamber where there the output opening is a poppet and cup seal.

The noid is tubed into the ram sleeve and feeds the front AND the back of the ram. The ram is sealed on both sides. The front of the tube is pressurized holding the ram back when the gun is in resting position. When the trigger is pulled, the noid opens into the back of the ram tube, pushes the ram forward and sealing off the front noid input, hits the poppet and the air from the LPR's dump chamber flows into the bolt.

Holy crap man, what's with the guy in your sig pic? You better check to make sure he doesn't swallow his own tongue!

nicad
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
same thing as angel, impulse, bushy, viking, etc..
except components are all slightly different, as are almost all guns.
everyone says they are spyders because.. well.. Boblong made the fisrt timmy out of one of his Spyder millenium bodies and it grew from there. a spyder and timmy bolt are interchangable. the front air block is mounted the same way. almost all the internal parameter dimensions are the same.

I have read, with much intrigue, how people have bought a cheap spyder and then all the parts required to turn it into a timmy... I think someone was saying they did it for under $400 all used parts on ebay.

out!

GT
06-22-2004, 09:08 PM
I think someone was saying they did it for under $400 all used parts on ebay.

out!

that would make a great how to

gc82000
06-22-2004, 09:13 PM
I have read, with much intrigue, how people have bought a cheap spyder and then all the parts required to turn it into a timmy... I think someone was saying they did it for under $400 all used parts on ebay.
out!
I think that was for a classic timmy.

And felony doubted me and said "umm no".

riooso
06-22-2004, 09:50 PM
You guys are brutal!

R :rolleyes:

tony3
06-23-2004, 12:20 AM
I've seen 2 kids turn their spyders into timmys for pretty cheap, but they were ugly as hell.

felony
06-23-2004, 12:22 AM
thats why bad company used to rock everyone.. cause their spyders were timmys!

:dance: now im confused

RenagadeOfFunk
06-23-2004, 12:29 AM
go ahead and say its a just a $1,000+ spyder....then i say to you HA!...you got taken out by a spyder...and spyders kick ***....

...spyder do rock BTW...if you didn't start paintball with a spyder you started with a tippmann or an automag...or a piranna...or a talon (or still have one, suicidal :rolleyes: )...or a wal-mart (r) brand to shoot your neighborhood squirrels...

...you get my point...if you don't well then i drew a picture of you... > :tard:

gc82000
06-23-2004, 01:02 AM
It only takes one ball to be taken out of a game. So the type of gun you have should not matter. but when I got taken out by a nine year with a talon I had nightmares that night.

I need to call my therapist now. :cry:
he was on my team man
he was on my team :cry: