PDA

View Full Version : Knee pad recommendations?

ghideon
06-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Need some help. Looking for a new set of knee pads. I used to use the Redz knee/shin guard combo, but don't really like em. I'm 6'2", 230lbs. I'd prefer just plain knee pads, not the shin guard types. Any ideas?

nastymag
06-22-2004, 12:53 AM
Dye knee pads are really nice , you will have to probably buy XL or XXL if you can find them.
because i am 5,8 and weigh 165 and the L are just prefect.

Target Practice
06-22-2004, 01:18 AM
I actually use volleyball knee pads, and they work quite well.

Carbon
06-22-2004, 01:24 AM
I actually use volleyball knee pads, and they work quite well.
Im gonna go with Target Practice with this one. Assuming your gonna wera em underneath your pants, volleyball kneepads are the way to go. Theya re nice and thick, economical and easily washable.

elpimpo
06-22-2004, 01:38 AM
i like my wrestling knee pads

LeatherPants
06-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Vollyball knee pads are too thin. I tried those. Then I tried the Redz knee/shin pads. THose slide.

Dye are comfortable and THICK.

Blazestorm
06-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Got dye's myself, lovem

stondroopy
06-22-2004, 03:14 AM
i use the dye knee pads as well they work very well

mixwell2
06-22-2004, 03:33 AM
I used my skateboard pads at first and they worked well.

I have my Dye pads now and love'em

ghideon
06-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Looks like Dye it is. Thanks guys.

jayloo
06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
The DYE are nice but I find a store locally and try some on. They seemed to run quite small to me.

CrimsonGhost
06-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Triple eight knee pads... I have use them over the past few years...7ish and have never had an issue. They are made to go under your pants and have no hard points.
And the knee caps are super padded...enough to cushion my 275lbs.

The Spanish Inquisition
06-22-2004, 03:26 PM
I got the proto pads that are very close to the dye pads but are 10 bucks cheaper. They are great quality but I had to streach them out with a couple of coffee cans cause the large was too small. They offer great protection but I can slide better without them on because they create a lip at the edge of my knee and I stop shorter than I'm used to.

punkncat
06-22-2004, 04:11 PM
I use knee pads made by Trace for softball I think. They are soft and super padded. They have a spandex wrap so they are snug , but breathable.
The only problem I have had is that they don't work well for sliding in on your knees,they have a tendency to slide down in that situation.
What I do like is that they will bounce a ball rather that a guaranteed break like hard pads.

hAppy
06-22-2004, 04:50 PM
I got the proto pads that are very close to the dye pads but are 10 bucks cheaper. They are great quality but I had to streach them out with a couple of coffee cans cause the large was too small. They offer great protection but I can slide better without them on because they create a lip at the edge of my knee and I stop shorter than I'm used to.
my friend just got brand new ones, i cant wear them at all. tight as ALKSJfdsjalkfjsa

trains are bad
06-22-2004, 05:57 PM
I wear and love WeThePeople slim knee pads. Check 'em.

FreakBaller12
06-22-2004, 06:14 PM
shoot, i was going to buy redz knee/shin, why didn't you like them?(or anybody in general)

ghideon
06-22-2004, 11:54 PM
The Redz aren't that bad...

But for me it was a pain, either the pads were to loose, so I'd have to keep re-adjusting them, or they were too tight, to the point of rubbing skin raw/getting blisters. And I wear 'em outside my pants. I suppose they're great if you slide a lot (which I don't). I mean, my shins are tough enough to withstand a few slides a day (I don't slide often). But my knees are shot (just kneeling for a day's worth of play w/o pads is bad enough).

I suppose if you're looking for shin/knee pads, and can get em to fit, the Redz are pretty good. I have friends who love em, and they fit good. Felt a little flimsy at first, but I was amazed I that my knees couldn't feel the rocky ground underneath. But I'd rather wear something I don't have to fiddle with every game.

gc82000
06-23-2004, 01:16 AM
One of the teams on Guam just got all new proto gear and I tink that are cool.
And they arte cheaper then Dye pads and made by them too.

PsychoBaller
06-23-2004, 03:46 AM
Call up Ex-President Clinton... I'm sure he can advise of some quality pads... hah...

Anyways... Despite Dye being overprices on items, I still like their 03 Knee and Elbow Pads, as well as their Tank Covers, very tough.

-baller

blykins
06-23-2004, 04:54 AM
One of the teams on Guam just got all new proto gear and I tink that are cool.
And they arte cheaper then Dye pads and made by them too.

Theres a pball team in Guam?

nospmas311
06-23-2004, 11:11 PM
I know you love AO but pbreview.com might be a better place to look for this information.

ghideon
06-24-2004, 11:55 AM
I know you love AO but pbreview.com might be a better place to look for this information.

Pffft, like I trust PBReview.

FreakBaller12
06-24-2004, 01:24 PM
anybody use the empire ventz knee/shin pads, I am between those and the redz.

logamus
06-24-2004, 04:18 PM
i used raven knee/shin pads for a while. i never could get them to stay tight so i tried using some hockey tape. that kept them tight, but in some ways it made them too tight. i ended up just fogetting about shin pads and went back to my old rollerblade knee pads. they have worked really well for me and despite being hard plastic, they have not wore a hole in my pants(thank you dye).