PDA

View Full Version : Remember kids, always change your lense every year!

Load SM5
10-13-2001, 07:37 PM
Just for those who don't know....and should...

I shot a guy in the mask today, beautiful shot, right dead center of his lense from about 30-40 feet. When we got down to the staging area and he began to clean the paint off he noticed that the ball broke not one layer but BOTH layers of his thermal lense. He actually had paint oozing into his mask from the crack. If I had double tapped him in the face the second ball may have done damage to his face and/or eyes. I went and chronoed my gun (standard field policy when a lense is broken and I averaged 270. When he was asked, he said the lense was over 2 years old.

Again... buy a new lense every year and toss the old one. Your eyesight is worth the $25 a year.

mac2k4
10-13-2001, 07:44 PM
yeah true, at a mound feild in a tourney, me and a guy dove at the same time for the flag and i bunked'em in the lens and after the game he walked up and told me i split his lens in 1/2. i was shootin under the limit too. he thought it was funny as hell? i was like shiotttt. He said it was an old thermal from about 3 years ago that happened to be clean so he poped it in

AkaEnder
10-13-2001, 08:16 PM
I used to work at a field outside KC, MO. One day while ref'ing I witnessed two shots to the head shoot all the way through a guys 3 year old brass eagle lense and into his eyes. I believe he lost eyesight in one eye totally, and damage to the other.

Replace your lense. Replace your mask when it fails to cover mouth/ear adequately. And toss the old single lense brass eagle masks, theres a reason alot of fields ban them -Your eyes are priceless.

Load SM5
10-13-2001, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by AkaEnder
I used to work at a field outside KC, MO. One day while ref'ing I witnessed two shots to the head shoot all the way through a guys 3 year old brass eagle lense and into his eyes. I believe he lost eyesight in one eye totally, and damage to the other.

Crap, poor guy.

Noticed you have my rant on my cocker in your sig. Glad you liked it.