PDA

View Full Version : You know whats funn bout AO members...

Carbon
06-22-2004, 02:06 AM
As im sure as most iof you already know, they lead double lives. They get into spats and arguments in AO, but for the most part, its still pretty chill and mostly constructive.

Take the some of the same members, put them in PBNation.....Its like friggen Jekyll and Hyde. It seems like AO members are the most militant outside of AO. Its funny observing folks thrying to out Pwn each other. Frealls, Mag Thumpers. I cant say if the overal view on the mag has changed, but ive seen more tarnishing of the AO community than good, due to simple gunbashing. anyway, thats my soapbox time.

elpimpo
06-22-2004, 02:12 AM
was it good for you?

Carbon
06-22-2004, 02:17 AM
its always good d00d

Z-man
06-22-2004, 03:30 AM
I love these midnight fireside chats Carbon. We could also go a different direction and discuss illicit drugs and how great it is that they are a new banner under which we can rally :)

elpimpo
06-22-2004, 04:34 AM
midnight hell its 330 here

Deathshadow9k
06-22-2004, 05:59 AM
dats right 3:56 in dis hizzouse
and if we is gettin ripped on, eh (shrug shoulders in non-caring fashion)

bornl33t
06-22-2004, 06:07 AM
hey carbon... your sig is too big :D

Bolter
06-22-2004, 07:47 AM
hey carbon... your sig is too big :D

and yours doesn't make any sense.

coolcatpete
06-22-2004, 09:10 AM
INteresting very interesting yeah :headbang:
Pete

FSU_Paintball
06-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Actually, I see what he means. Militant is the word. For some reason, an ungodly amount of AO users are super defensive when it comes to their mags. If someone says, "Mags are OK, but I think this gun is better," it's like they've said something blasphemous and everyone's got to jump up to defend their honor. How DARE they say anything negative about the sacred mags?!

There's always good, level-headed people at any forum (even PBN has a few), but there's also always a lot of f-tards wherever you go. Timmy forums are immature, AKA forums are full of smart parts bashers (even before the death of the viking), AO is full of defensive militants. Sometimes stereotypes exist for a reason... because they're proved.

The gun bashing does hurt everyone's view of AO. If you're a gun-basher... maybe you should reign it in. AGD is a good company, and all you're doing is sullying the reputations of those who wield their markers.

cphilip
06-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Actually, I see what he means. Militant is the word. For some reason, an ungodly amount of AO users are super defensive when it comes to their mags. If someone says, "Mags are OK, but I think this gun is better," it's like they've said something blasphemous and everyone's got to jump up to defend their honor. How DARE they say anything negative about the sacred mags?!

Seems to me someone has not been around here long enough to be making that exageration...

AO is probably the most multi Marker tolerant forum out there. But perhaps your prespective is a bit small since you not been around long enough to notice? Oh yea there is a crowd of zealots anywhere. With any marker. But here its certainly not an "Ungodly amount" as you seem to feel confident enough to proclaim. Hang around Seminole and see....

FSU_Paintball
06-22-2004, 11:20 AM
I've been here for two years, cphilip. I mostly lurk this forum, though.

And it's not as evident when you're around here... like the OP said, you see these same people go to any other forum and the behavior is magnified tenfold.

cphilip
06-22-2004, 11:28 AM
I've been here for two years, cphilip. I mostly lurk this forum, though.

And it's not as evident when you're around here... like the OP said, you see these same people go to any other forum and the behavior is magnified tenfold.

Yea I can't control em anywhere else.... But I find people tend to be a bit defensive about Mag bashing. Thats certainly true enough. There is an extrodinarily large amount of it from people that never owned one. So Maggots tend to get a bit overly defensive about it. And perhaps get a bit over "talkative" about it rather than just demonstrating the untruths. So I can see that is likely something that goes on at other sites.

FSU_Paintball
06-22-2004, 11:37 AM
I can certainly verify that there's an excess of mag-bashing elsewhere because of he-said she-said and/or old stories and new misconceptions. And I know you can't control what other people say elsewhere :)

cphilip
06-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Yea well its gone on for decades now but some people just don't seem to know how to handle it. Some of them get too emotional about it all. Most of its just smack talk and they overreact to it.

But maybe some of them are just trouble makers that happen to have mags. We have yet to develope a screening process for buyers to elimate the arse holes from owning them!!!! :D

GT
06-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Seems to me someone has not been around here long enough to be making that exageration...

AO is probably the most multi Marker tolerant forum out there...

True,
10% of the loud minority do not represent the other 90% of AO.

Major Jam
06-22-2004, 12:02 PM
AO is more respectable and this is Tom's house, I try to behave and usually do. The information and true exchange of ideas is why I'm here.

PBNation is like a sandbox controlled by kids. So I can misbehave there and not feel bad about it (even though I don't -- usually...). :)

cphilip
06-22-2004, 01:03 PM
True,
10% of the loud minority do not represent the other 90% of AO.

Unfortunately they do seem to be representing. And it would be very much appreciated if some of you outside this forum would help me NOT let them represent us all. If you see them getting out of line, make sure you address that point to the others and repremand them for me. It pisses me off to hear this kind of thing. And I think many others here are too.

arsonpaintball06
06-22-2004, 01:11 PM
even tho there are ppl from AO that have talked smack or flamed on PBN at sum point....i jus like how you can ask questions on AO that are concidered "noob" by the rest of the PB world and actually get answers. People dont flame you for not knowing wat BPS or CPS means as a thread asked earlier in the month. for the most part on AO ppl from all different degrees of experience get treated the same, unlike forums such as PBN

nuclear zombie
06-22-2004, 07:55 PM
I have heard many a times of people comparing AO to the same level of PBN. I'd hate to say this but with some of the threads I have read here , it's sometimes hard to defend against these comparisons. .

eg0_Slayer
06-22-2004, 11:22 PM
I've been surfing the PBN forums a little more lately, but i still cannot bring myself to venture into the "general discussion" forum. I see enough childishness (is that a word?) in the other forums. I think people are more reserved and well mannered here because, tom is always watching. it's a respect thing. and it's very nice. reminds me of a bunch of guys(and girls) just hangin out.i dunno...i need some sleep

Webmaster
06-22-2004, 11:49 PM
I think people act like that on PBN because they are allowed too. When AGD took over the site we gave it an air of professionalism. Or in other words - the mods wont take that kind of behavior ;)

AGD
06-23-2004, 01:23 AM
The fact is we are STRICT and people rise to the occasion. Sure we have our stupidity but we also have more intelligence than most places on the web. Considering how big we are everyone does a fine job of making this a respectable place to hang out.

AGD

Blazestorm
06-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Tom... I think I'm all the stupid we need...

Ask Tato! :tard: :bounce:

bornl33t
06-23-2004, 05:33 AM
and yours doesn't make any sense.

Actually it does if you know the story. Initially I had quoted team2face

I will your x valve from you and trade my classic valve with lvl 10 for your x valve

...like that, and added the comment

I will you deported for not english.

Then one day someone unquoted the quote in my sig. Since it doesn't make a lick of sence the way it was takeing the quotes away made even less sence ( if that's possible ) so I added the quotes back on. The next day they were gone again. Well I think I'm at what? 23 sig edits now? And I've learned one thing. You can't win... And since this is just a stupid forum I decited to just screw it and post my phantom for sale ( which btw is sold ) but I'm just the type that needs to have the final word. So I changed my comment to the non-english quote and that's why it's in the shape it is in now.
You see it makes perfect sence... AND it's legal...unlike carbons :D

Oh yeah, and spam is frowned on too.... :nono:

1stdeadeye
06-23-2004, 06:10 AM
Tom... I think I'm all the stupid we need...

Ask Tato! :tard: :bounce:

I thought Pyro and Suicidal Snyper were all the stupid we needed! :rofl:

SIGSays
06-23-2004, 10:06 AM
don't forget nodoz... bah i hated that idiot

OysterBoy
06-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Carbon, sorry for bumping this but lately I've been noticing the same thing. Before I begin, yes, I registered this year, and so my claims are from things I have witnessed on this board in my short time here. Frankly, I think elitisim is the word, when I see a group of 'AO thugs' ganging up on someone else it makes me cringe. When I came here things seemed to so nice, so perhaps everythings been happening since I've been here? Perhaps its always been going downhill? I don't know. What I do know is some of the 'familiar' faces I've seen have been turning more and more..hm.. aristocratic? I just get a feeling that some 'holier then thou' attitudes have been brewing, when it gets to the point that hey, I can be wrong, but I can have more people backing me, so I'm right. But again, I'm 'new', so these are just obvservations from a 'newwy'.

Z-man
06-23-2004, 12:57 PM
...so these are just observations from a 'newly'.

That's n00b to you! and that's all the lip we are gonna take off of you PEON!! BACK TO WORK!!!

{Z-man goes off to dine on steak tar tar and caviar while the 2004 registered users plow the fields of AO}

OysterBoy
06-23-2004, 01:15 PM
REVOLT! INJUSTICE! OTHER SMALL BUT MEANINGFUL WORD!

Hey, Z, hope you like the marinade on that steak. :rofl:

:eek: {Remembers that Steak tar-tar is served cold, no marinade usually...} :eek: