PDA

View Full Version : Question about anti-chop eyes

slateman
10-13-2001, 07:38 PM
Why doesn't AGD make a mag with an anti-chop eye? With the automags tendancy to chop paintballs in half this seems like it would be a good idea, but what do I know?

DarkPhoenix
10-13-2001, 09:05 PM
AGD has made a product which does away with the anti-chop eye. I feel that the warp feed performs two functions, it reduces ball chopping to a miniscule chance and allows for higher rates of fire.

mac2k4
10-13-2001, 10:03 PM
(romor)the 2k2 angels are supposed to have ACE(antichop eyes)

but it is expensive, the impulses that come w/ a ACE cost like $200 more than with out an ACE.

2UnREal
10-13-2001, 11:11 PM
Antichop eyes mean that you can't dry fire the gun. Also, people still occaisionally chope with an AntiChop eye since if the ball is not fully in the chamber, but blocking the ACE's signal, it will get chopped. Lastly, AGD would have to make a special barrel for the gun too since the ball is inside the barrel the second it drops down.

PyRo
10-14-2001, 08:05 AM
Sure you can put an anti chop eye in your mag. All it will cost you is about three to five hundred dollars :)
I could see this maybie on an e-mag, but on regular mags, it would require modification to make room for the eye, modification to get the electronics in, modification to the trigger, to keep it from fireing (basically makeing the trigger electic), and a place for the battery.
The e-mag the price would probably go up about $200, because it all that would really need to be done is modifications to the gun to make room for the eye, and a differant board.

Ityl
10-15-2001, 08:35 AM
I see no use in anti chop eyes. Waste of money imho. It's not that hard to get a gun not to chop.

ZeroXtreme
10-15-2001, 09:56 AM
The anti-chop eve is not a perfect solution to prevent ball chopping. The sensor/eye gets dirty very easy and this will cause it to stop funtioning properly, meaning the gun will fire when you squeeze the trigger even without a ball in the chamber, or just halfway into the chamber.

I suppose AGD realized this and did not want to add to the additional cost to their guns on something that is costly and is not really that effective, especially in the long run.

mac2k4
10-15-2001, 02:35 PM
ya could put one in the modular e-mag bodies easily. and kepping it fairly clean isn't that hard.
when set right its great.

FeelTheRT
10-15-2001, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 2UnREal
Antichop eyes mean that you can't dry fire the gun. Also, people still occaisionally chope with an AntiChop eye since if the ball is not fully in the chamber, but blocking the ACE's signal, it will get chopped. Lastly, AGD would have to make a special barrel for the gun too since the ball is inside the barrel the second it drops down.

there are switches to turn the ACE on and off i believe.

mr_cool2588
10-15-2001, 06:42 PM
Just because you break a ball and broken paint shoots all in your hopper does not mean you have chopped the paintball. the majority of the time when this happens it is not chopping it is the paintball being too big for the barrel. The only reason that the paint does not shoot back up into the gun in markers other that mags is because the hopper is not sitting directly over the barrel.

Panzerr
10-27-2001, 08:13 AM
test

Manuel_FZR
10-28-2001, 04:30 AM
Hi!
There will be an AntiChopEye! In the new "TrapDoorFeed" (optimized for EMag with Warp) ther will be an ACE integrated.

Sledgehammer
10-28-2001, 06:18 AM
Airgun Designs Europe is currently testing an anti chop eye in a centerfeed modular Emag. And according to what Jackie said it works really well.

FeelTheRT
10-28-2001, 07:30 AM
ACE's are becomming pritty popular now, but AGD has the Warp Feed which i feel is much better than an ACE for three reason.
1. it's cheaper
2. superfast feeding
3. get to have hopper on the side.

AGD
10-28-2001, 11:59 PM
Our ACE is working as of this week. We plan on having them stock in the new Extremes. I never want to hear the word chop again.....

AGD

Ityl
10-29-2001, 09:08 AM
sweet