PDA

View Full Version : Want to get a mag, need some help though.

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 11:19 AM
First off, i'm sorry if this type of post comes up often, but you guys seem to be the people to ask. I'm looking into getting an automag, but i need some help. I'm looking into maybe the Tac-One, but i want to replace the double trigger with a single. Any suggestions on single trigger frames? are all automag trigger frames the same? I'm also looking into a minimag, but i cant seem to find a place to actually buy it from. It doesnt have them listed in the AGD online store. I want to put a level 10 in it, is that a hard thing to do? is there anything else i should get for the minimag? i am completely new to mags, but have wanted one for a long time. Anyone have any good sites to buy from? thank you all for you help.

Matt

FSU_Paintball
06-22-2004, 11:22 AM
as far as I know, any single trigger mag frame should work fine on the tac-one. Although I do recommend trying the double trigger if you never have before... they really are faster.

(I promise :) )

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 11:24 AM
i've tried double triggers before, i just wasnt comfortable with it, but thanks for the other info...

SlipknotX556
06-22-2004, 11:26 AM
I believe you can put a double trigger on a Tac One body. Minimags arent in production anymore, so if you want one, gotta get one used. I bought a level 10 from AGD in the beta testing and put it in my emag, it was fairly simple, the hard thing is tweaking it, which I never did, so my Level 10 never worked, leaked all the time, still chopped. I dont have a mag anymore, I shoot a timmy, I have owned 2 mags and they were both great, you will be happy with a mag.

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 11:32 AM
ahh, that would explain why no one seems to have minimags anymore, lol looks like the Tac-One it is... how hard is it to tweak a Lvl 10? it says the tac-one lvl 10 comes factory tuned, but if it ever comes untuned, then its all me, lol as for mags, how hard are they to maintain, easy? i appreciate all the help!

SlipknotX556
06-22-2004, 11:36 AM
ahh, that would explain why no one seems to have minimags anymore, lol looks like the Tac-One it is... how hard is it to tweak a Lvl 10? it says the tac-one lvl 10 comes factory tuned, but if it ever comes untuned, then its all me, lol as for mags, how hard are they to maintain, easy? i appreciate all the help!

If the level 10 comes factory tuned, then you will be fine. Maintaing a mag, is the easiest gun to maintain, drop a few drops of oil now and then, you will be fine. You should see me greasing my timmy, takes like 20 minutes.

OysterBoy
06-22-2004, 11:38 AM
I'll trade you the double for my single. :) Even has AGD Rubber Gripys.

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 11:41 AM
OysterBoy when i get it, i'll look into that

OysterBoy
06-22-2004, 11:41 AM
awesome, keep me posted.

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 11:42 AM
can do

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 11:57 AM
i was just looking on the AGD online store, and designed a custom ULE, X-Valve : Black
Mainbody : MB Stainless Pro HL PF Black
Gripframe : Single Trigger Carbon Fiber Frame Assy
Barrel : Twist Lock Barrel (for non ULE bodies)
Trigger/Valve/On/Off Type : On/Off Assy -RT/Retro (.750 Pin) - Stock Assy

does anyone seem anything wrong with this setup? seems to be what i want, is there anything i would need to get? i am going to run this on a remote coil setup, is that a problem? i know the X-vavle runs on HPA or N2 only, i will have to get a new tank, but thats no big deal. Thanks!

SlipknotX556
06-22-2004, 12:00 PM
I would get a ule body, they are lighter and they are centerfeed.

OysterBoy
06-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Good setup, the carbon single trigger is pretty damn sweet I must say (IMO). I don't think youll have a problem with the steel body, probly cheaper and more available. Besides, twist lock barrels kick ***, you can club someone with one! :D

Enemy
06-22-2004, 12:35 PM
i would definately go with ule body the twist lock barrels sometimes cause problems with the lvl 10 bolt... other than that good setup and the lvl 10 is a sinch as soon as you understand how it works..takes me 5 minutes to teardown my gun and readjust the lvl 10 so dont stress it.. also factory tuned might not be the greatest i know my x mag came factory tuned and when i tested it it tried to take my finger off.. but that should be just a matter of shims and a larger spring.

Thermus
06-22-2004, 12:59 PM
The ULE body setup is only like 20 bucks more expensive as well. Definately go for that if you can.

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 01:04 PM
any suggestions on the trigger valves? whats the difference between a ULE trigger pull kit installed and a RT/Retro?

SlipknotX556
06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
A ULE trigger kit is a much lighter pull, if you dont get that upgrade, the pull will be much larger.

CaliWagon31
06-22-2004, 02:09 PM
The ult trigger and the stock one is very diffrent. I did like the fact that the ult was very easy to pull, almost walkable, i would recomend it.

mfalcone15
06-22-2004, 05:10 PM
suppose i might as well go with that ULE trigger, i have one more question for you guys. With everything i can have there, when it comes, will i be able to open the box and shoot away? will i need anything else? i know HPA or N2, but how will the gas be attached? is there a bottomline kit that comes with it or is that seperate? like i said, i want to use a remote setup, so other than what i listed above, what do i need, anything? you guys are a HUGE help, i appreciate it.

WaStEd TaLeNt
06-22-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm waiting on my RT to come in right now, it'll be my second mag, it's Y-grip, ule centerfeed black, w/ ule assy. I can't wait. As far as I know it comes ready to play, since it does have the asa all set up and ready. oh and welcome to AO, Glad we could help :cool:

oh and about the double trigger/single trigger thing, when I got my first mag it had the single trigger, and I didn't like it as much, I got an inteliframe and I loved it, but it's just down to which way you want to go, my 2 cents...

mfalcone15
06-23-2004, 08:03 PM
the X-valve can not use CO2, am i right? is there a reason for that? i have a palmer stabilizer and have always had good success with CO2, but in order for me to use this setup, i will need an HPA tank, correct? how many shots can you get out of a 68ci/4500psi?

Ken Majors
06-23-2004, 09:10 PM
suppose i might as well go with that ULE trigger, i have one more question for you guys. With everything i can have there, when it comes, will i be able to open the box and shoot away? will i need anything else? i know HPA or N2, but how will the gas be attached? is there a bottomline kit that comes with it or is that seperate? like i said, i want to use a remote setup, so other than what i listed above, what do i need, anything? you guys are a HUGE help, i appreciate it.

You will need a bottomline it doesn't come with one. How you hook up your air is a matter of preference. You can use a 90* swivel and a male fill nipple directly to the valve for the simplest remote arrangement, or you can use an assortment of macroline swivels and macroline (or steel braid). The Tac comes with a gas-thru front grip if you want to use it.
I just got a Tac-One a month or so ago. Great marker, easy to maintain and straight shooting (My first mag also). Trigger pull is a bit long, but tolerable to me. If you want any reactivity in the valve (trigger bounce) it is highly recommended to get an adjustable N2 tank. If not a high pressure preset will suffice, it will reset the trigger nicely but it will not give much bounce. There are tons of threads on here about how to tweak it to your satisfaction.

Hairball
06-23-2004, 10:02 PM
I just got my ULE today. :headbang:

It comes with a bottomline. It comes ready to fire. The ULE Trigger with the single frame is pretty good, even though I'm going to be upgrading to the Intelliframe as soon as I can. Oh yeah, get the ULE body. You won't regret it.