PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic guitar prob

gamarada717
06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
There's a wierd buzzing noise at the top of my guitars neck when i hit my low e. It doesn't sound like a string hitting a fret bar though. Any ideas and how to fix?

who_311
06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
okay, there are many different possible problems, the most possible one is that one or some of your tuners are loose. Just tighten the screws and all that stuff.

Just check the tuners and see what happens, thats most likely the problem.

Chipper
06-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah, its either that or your bridge may be messed up, or that piece that directs the string to the tuner (I forget what its called), check that the string is in the groove.

gamarada717
06-22-2004, 11:45 PM
I know that it's not the bridge, i put in a new one 2 weeks ago and it's still working fine. I tightened all of the screws on my tuners but the buzz is still there :( I think I'll just try puttin on new strings, maybe that will fix it. Thanks for the help though :)

who_311
06-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Okay, this may sounds crazy, but it may be the truss rod. It could be loose, or broken or something like that. If it is a cheap guitar, i would try fixing it, but if nothin worked, i would blow it up.

gamarada717
06-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Arts and Lutheri....It's a canadian brand, mostly hand made, so I don't feel like blowing it up :nono: I'm just gonna re string it tomorrow, I've already done 3 electrics today, I'm sick of it.

gamarada717
06-23-2004, 12:17 AM
And I may sound like an idiot, but i didn't know that acoustics even had truss rods. I don't see the little deal on it's head anyways...

who_311
06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Haha, then dont blow it up, its your loss. :rolleyes:

You usually adjust it from inside the body.

Mister Sinister
06-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Is it buzzing behind the nut or in front of it? Has the nut come loose? Try dampening the strings after then nut. This can happen sometimes if the string gets bound in the nut. Is it just straight buzzing or is there a harmonic ring to it?

GA Devil
06-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Sounds like either the nut has moved or split allowing the string to lower, or you may have a fret rising up. Check the frets for unusual wear on that string. It usually isnt hard to find. If you find 1 check its hieght against the others and if higher take a SOFT brass jewelers hammer and LIGHTLY tap it down a bit. Also how low is your action set? That can cause it as well.