PDA

View Full Version : Selling Pneumatic Cannons

ojhspyro89
06-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Are we alloud to sell Cannons or Valves here on this site????? I make them a bunch and have to many valves and not enuf chambers that i could get rid of but i dont no if im aloud to sell them or not.

Skoad
06-22-2004, 05:59 PM
sell them in the misc for sale forum

ojhspyro89
06-22-2004, 08:13 PM
So i can???? I just dont want to get in trouble for doing something stupid on here....... and this forum is the best.

So anyway, would anybody be interested at all???? Just out of curiosity.

Just some stuff bout them.
I make them from a huge metal lathe with usually 2 or more oring grooves to fit whichever ID you want. I can make hole valves and stuff but they take time. The design is just like the supah, its a basic piston valve. Im working on some new stuff like an inline piston valve which would be really kool. I have to perfect some stuff but i think i can come up with ideas.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-22-2004, 08:51 PM
got pix?

TheTramp
06-23-2004, 09:31 AM
As far as I know you can sell them in the dealers forum. The only thing you have to worry about is liability. If once of these things blows up due to used erorr you're screwed.

With that said, I'd love to see pics. You can post pics and discusion of them in the main forum. Just keep talk about prices in the dealers.

SIGSays
06-23-2004, 09:56 AM
i made one... i sold one... never made one again after that.. damn thing was $14... sold it for $15... i lost money... lol... i guess he was happy with it

Blackice7
06-24-2004, 05:17 PM
wait... the cannon cost $14 and you sold it for $15? How did you lose money?

hardr0ck68
06-24-2004, 05:43 PM
time and effort was greater than 100 pennies

ojhspyro89
06-24-2004, 08:12 PM
14$ cannon?!

My cannons arent as cheap to make let alone sell. I have some pictures of my little tiny aluminum piston gun i made, this thing kicks as a laws rocket thing, at 100 psi with this little tiny chamber itll shoot an empty 12 gram through the side of a cooler at like 60 feet.

This is the 1" T valve that i made, i could of made some stuff shorter like that pipe that houses the piston but it made the blowgun closer to my shoulder so its easier to reach.

http://sigs.pandorafarmsshar-pei.com/sigfiles/Whole%20gun.jpg

Heres a picture of the full cannon that i shot the 12 grams, lugnuts, bouncy balls, just about anything that fits thru. Its an awsome gun thats reliable. Allways works and is awsome . The chamber can be placed under the barrel if you twist it enuf. I was giong to take it too a scenario but i didnt want to hurt anybody cause ive never used it in any of them.

http://ojhspyro89.tripod.com/

Please dont mind that stupid site and all the other stuff on it, the picture host place wouldnt let me host it for some reason.

I have a big piston cannon that recently grenaded itself because of bad design, it was one of my first, but i know why it did it and it was mostly not my part. My dad insisted on a long piston which ended up weighing alot and blowing out the back part. Ive done my research and im working on a lighter more eficiant valve now which should work. If anybody requests a valve and such i can make it but i dont no how much they will cost cause ive never done it before.

I relize the liability issues about selling cannons, but I think i can sell to the smart ones somehow. Ill include directions and such on loading and all the crap.

Can_Opener
06-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Even though you realize the liability issues...do you really wanna have to pay a ton of money from a lawsuit from some kid that blows an arm or a leg off? I don't think that the pros outweigh the cons for this.

ojhspyro89
06-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Well Joel does it for a living and has never had any problems.

Z-man
06-25-2004, 02:24 AM
In case no one has yet given the man an answer, yes you can go sell those in the dealers forum. Get some tasty pictures up and heck a video is always a good way to advertise :).

Deathshadow9k
06-25-2004, 03:19 AM
they look very violent and painful.....i'll buy one when i scrounge up the cash :D