PDA

View Full Version : Paint Prefernce- PMI or ZAP

halocrazy
06-22-2004, 06:39 PM
I need your opinions.
I can get PMI Premium for $34 + tax for a case of 2k or
Zap Rec for $24 + tax for the white tub of 2k.
I'm sure that the PMI is a better quality but 10 bucks is 10 bucks. I play rec ball mostly and am shooting an E-Mag.
Post away, thanks.
:shooting:

Eskimo Paint Slinger
06-22-2004, 06:43 PM
If this is just for practice I say go with Zap.

If this is to play with go with the PMI Premium, you will see better results using better paint, more accurate etc....

P8NTBALLER590
06-22-2004, 06:48 PM
where can you get it that cheap for premiums that is a real good deal, but it might be real old if its from sports authority or something

50 cal
06-22-2004, 06:59 PM
I've had such terrible luck with Zap that I would pay for premium than be given free Zap to play with. Don't know if the local fields just don't store it right or what.
When I know I'll play at a field on a given date, I'll ask if they have fresh premium.

Count me...Not a Zap fan.

Trick
06-22-2004, 07:09 PM
:eek: Where do you get premiums that cheap?

For the love of all that is holy, get the premiums. Zap is terrrrible.

wonk
06-22-2004, 07:17 PM
pmi premiums are great.....they keep for a long time too.....i kept some for 7 months and everyone of them were still in great shape

The Spanish Inquisition
06-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Be careful when you pick a color.

From what I can tell The PMI premiums with the pink shell / pink fill are great paint. Durable, slightly bigger than Draxus midnight, great paint match for an all american or even a stock mag barrel. However, the PMI premiums that are two-tone orange-and-yellow / orange fill are smaller and not quite a good quality (failed the bounce test on about the 5th bounce).

Im basing this on the last 5 cases of paint that I bought, 3 of which were the pink and the last 2 of which were the orange/yellow. Hopefully someone else can back this info up.

edit: oh yeah, after shooting a case of blaze and 1/2 case of draxsus last week I'm sticking with the pink PMI for good now. It's good paint and I pay about 45 a case for it.

wonk
06-22-2004, 07:48 PM
the pmi's i was talking about were the all pink/pink fill ones....those are awesome

elpimpo
06-22-2004, 07:53 PM
all pmi paint is to hard for my preference, but the only good zap is chronic, so in ur case id go for the pmi

shorty13
06-22-2004, 08:13 PM
i have shot 5 balls of zap since i started playing paintball (it was horrible) since then i have been shooting premium and better . . . . and if you are getting it for that price that is a deal and half. if it was that cheap i would buy extra just to stock up.

elpimpo
06-22-2004, 10:24 PM
its just the wholesale price. now when u get ultra evil for 20 thats a deal and a half

halocrazy
06-23-2004, 11:53 PM
For all of you who are asking where I get the PMI so cheap, I get it from my dad who works for a sproting goods company. (Not K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Sports Authority!) The paint isn't old and i pick up a case or two from him every time I go.
I've used ZAP once and it had flat spots. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problems.
:shooting:

Enemy
06-24-2004, 01:07 AM
with paint you get what you pay for...my feild has switched over to zap something else and all i can say is i havent had a ball break on me from more than 50 feet.. everytime i play our canyon field i get hit and it bounces every time heck i had one bounce off of my pods!! and my mask!!! im beggin them to go back to rp schere but they wont listen.