PDA

View Full Version : The telemarketer hung up on me :(

PyRo
06-22-2004, 07:30 PM
They were selling somthing, I just said "I don't have a credit card". And they hung up, worked twice :). I think I will get rid of all of them this way. Although I guess if they're trying to get you to sign up for a credit card it wouldn't work. If they're selling credit cards I will just tell them about how I get $3,000 on one card, stopped paying the bills and those suckers arn't doing anything about it then ask if I can do it with their card too :)

WickeDKlowN
06-22-2004, 07:34 PM
I think I'll try that next time...

WingMan13
06-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey, i just tell them to go F themselves! :dance:
Gets you off their list real quick.

AcemanPB
06-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I tell them they got the wrong phone number.

1stdeadeye
06-22-2004, 07:43 PM
I tell them to put me on their "Do Not Call" list. Then if they call me again, I can sue!! :D

gamarada717
06-22-2004, 07:57 PM
When they call, I act all stupid. I'm like..."How do you spell you name again? Where is that located? How do you spell that?". They usually say that they'll call at a better time.

skife
06-22-2004, 08:06 PM
whats really fun, is to inquire about their product make them think your actually interested in buying it, so finally when they think "OMG I"VE MADE MY FIRST SALE" your all like "well i can't afford it right now, i'll probably never be able to afford it" and then you can just picture the smile drop off of their jaw.

Echo419
06-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Alrite so when they call me heres how it usually goes.

Them Hello Sir How are you this evening
Me Good
Them I am calling on behalf of th...
Me Actually im in the middle of dinner, can i have you home phone # so i can call you back
Them I'm sorry sir we cant give out our na...
Me No well ok, can i get your home adress?
Them I'm sorry sir we cant give out our adres..
Me Then why then why the hell do you call me if you dont want to talk?
Them Is there a better time we can call
Me Hmmmm lets see, whats your home number and ill call you

AND thats how it normall goes

PyRo
06-22-2004, 09:04 PM
I tell them to put me on their "Do Not Call" list. Then if they call me again, I can sue!! :D
You cannot sue, some gov't agency fines them $10,000 or somthing. You dont' see a cent.

FreakBaller12
06-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Alrite so when they call me heres how it usually goes.

Them Hello Sir How are you this evening
Me Good
Them I am calling on behalf of th...
Me Actually im in the middle of dinner, can i have you home phone # so i can call you back
Them I'm sorry sir we cant give out our na...
Me No well ok, can i get your home adress?
Them I'm sorry sir we cant give out our adres..
Me Then why then why the hell do you call me if you dont want to talk?
Them Is there a better time we can call
Me Hmmmm lets see, whats your home number and ill call you

AND thats how it normall goes

You got that from seinfeld!!!!!

and then the guy is like well we're not aloud to do that, and Jerrys like well you don't like being called at home, and he's like uhh and then Jerry is like well know you know how i feel and hangs up.

stealer! ;) :shooting:

Echo419
06-22-2004, 11:37 PM
ACtually *****. I've never watched a show of that

-Love you too Toyota....

~*AO*~ DPB PRide

1stdeadeye
06-23-2004, 05:56 AM
You cannot sue, some gov't agency fines them $10,000 or somthing. You dont' see a cent.

Check NJ law buddy! I can sue them! :clap:

:shooting: Telemarketers!

taylor492
06-23-2004, 08:41 AM
We used to get a bunch of calls from at&t advertising this 25 dollar long distance rate. They would call like 2 times a day. So after a couple days, they'd call and go threw the shpeel and inevitably theyd ask me what i pay. So i wised up and started telling them i pay 20 a month long distance. Really threw them for a loop.

TheTramp
06-23-2004, 09:52 AM
I've done a lot of fun stuff to these people. One of my fav's in saying something along the line of "tell me all about it" and then just putting the phone down. It's best if you have speaker phone. Before I got on the do not call list I used to do this and see which telemarketers would think I was still there the longest.

This also works if you say "can you hold on for one second..." and then just not come back.

Evil Preacher
06-23-2004, 11:03 AM
My best was one for my mom,

I pretended to cry and told them that she just died the day before. They never called back. Of course she was rolling on the couch laughing at the time.

arsonpaintball06
06-23-2004, 11:48 AM
my friends mom got a call to join sum sort of biking or athletic club once.......they talked all about it and then finally she said "i'd love to join, but i have no legs" i guess they didnt have much to say after that.......(my friend told me this, but i dont think he lied.... still is funny)

GreasyPigeon
06-23-2004, 12:59 PM
i just hang up on them. this how its usually goes

them: Hello I'm calling on...
me:*click*

It works and i don't have to deal with there BS

WenULiVeUdiE
06-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Check NJ law buddy! I can sue them! :clap:

:shooting: Telemarketers!

It never felt so good to live in Jersey. :dance:

Sparq
06-23-2004, 11:53 PM
A friend of mine is a telemarketer for a timeshare travel agency thingy...she mentioned that they are not actually allowed to take you off the list unless you specifically say "Don't call me/here again". If you yell at them , or just hang up...they will call back. I assume it's similar with some, if not all, telemarketing firms.

tony3
06-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Illinois has a do not call list, combine that sucker with caller id and we never get any of them around these parts anymore. Kind of makes me sad, they are fun to mess with.

dj89
06-24-2004, 01:10 PM
me:hello
them:hello sr......
me:one sec.let me put you on hold [than i put my radio near the phone and walk away]

they have never called me back but i'm ready for them ;)

WenULiVeUdiE
06-24-2004, 01:13 PM
What ever happened to the national "Do Not Call List"?

ramennoodles
06-24-2004, 05:28 PM
I've done a lot of fun stuff to these people. One of my fav's in saying something along the line of "tell me all about it" and then just putting the phone down. It's best if you have speaker phone. Before I got on the do not call list I used to do this and see which telemarketers would think I was still there the longest.

This also works if you say "can you hold on for one second..." and then just not come back.
yeah i do the "let me go get my dad...." never pick it back up.

kauai_paintball
06-25-2004, 02:48 AM
ME:Hello?
HIM: HI, m calling as a representative of the road runner club of america, it says here that a robert dobbins is eligible for a road runner platinum member credit card with a $100,000 limit, an..
ME:Oh, hold on I have to let one rip... (make fart noinse into the phone with my hand.)
HIM: anyway... um, In order for us to-
ME:(faaart)
HIM:in order for us to approve your credit coverage we need to know your monthly income and...
ME:(FAAART) ooops... That one had substance...
HIM: Excuse me?
hld on, I have to go change my underware.
Him: ><CLICK<>
Works every time. :rofl:

fire1811
06-25-2004, 07:20 AM
since i got on the do not call list right when i started up i have literally had less then five telescum call me

its great

UltimatePaintballer
06-25-2004, 09:29 PM
i have to say, if telemarketers are hanging up on you....thats sad :D

Commissar_Loki
06-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Hmm, try selling them a used fridge. Usually works for me.

Creative Mayhem
06-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Not sure if it's available in the US, but there is a thing you can buy at Radio Shack, called the Telezapper(or something) it basically emits a tone just after you pick up the phone, this tone will trigger a hangup, or some sort of feedback that makes the computer dialed telemarketing calls think that you number in invalid.

Nifty little device if you ask me... :D I wonder if it works with credit card companies too ;) :ninja:

totalknockout
06-27-2004, 09:57 PM
them hello sir how are you
me fine i was just going to kill myself (crying)

Polish
06-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Make something up... like you have no money because of a heroin addiction or something.. I live for phone calls like that at work...

redzone
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
haha i have several things i do to telemarketers
one is i try to sell them something like maybe a car or a knife set.
i have also asked them if i can talk to thier mother (kinda like arnold at ebaums world)
my favorite is telling them a little busy and if i can get thier home number to call them back and when they say i dont want you calling me a t home i would say now u know how i feel and hang up. :dance: score!