PDA

View Full Version : Dye Throttle system

v_3Sterns
06-23-2004, 04:20 AM
I have a chance to obtain a Dye Throttle 71/4500 for cheap from a friend. It has a preset pressure of 850 psi and I wanted to know if that is too high, low, or perfect?

Thanks in advance guys.

Ratzo
06-23-2004, 05:00 AM
Can we assume you are going to be running a Mag off of this?
I use a 850psi preset PMI CrossFire on my Mag(X-valve) and it works great.
The only thing is with the X-valve and a preset 850psi is that you would not be able to tune the valve so there would be no reactivity.

frop
06-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Well, you DO get reactivity, but you cant adjust how much you get. You might get some moderate rapid fire out of it though, but thats ok for rec ball if you're not conspicuous about it. Should be fine...have fun! :shooting:

Skoad
06-23-2004, 02:41 PM
how much is cheap, i might want it :)

jayloo
06-23-2004, 02:57 PM
the DYE tanks are kinda expensive. 850 is great for mags.

Let us know how it is :)

atm743
06-23-2004, 03:16 PM
ya i was going to get one cheap a long time ago of off ob gear but i heard baf things befor. and someone told me not to get one cuse the reg piv valve thing leaked and he sent it back the dye to get fixed 3 times and it still dosent work. so i jest got a 70ci 4500psi stubby crossfire and i love it. the re-charging rate is soo fast i had it on my ult x-valved mag and it gave the ult reactvity. i found this fast and nice sweet spot with it to. but i sold my mag to get an e-mag!! :clap: if i whould you i whould jest get a crossfire or get a nice used flatline. they are nice. my friends has a flatline and i used it once befor and its like a dream!!

eric
06-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Ive had a friend go through 3 Dye tanks trying to get one that worked. Some of the early ones had the wrong thread sizes. He also has problems with it leaking. It leaks from the reg sometimes but almost always has a slow leak from the asa. New O-Rings do nothing he has to put one on hte tank along with 2 or 3 in the ASA to get it to not leak bad. Id get a Pure Energy tank, theyre cheap and are the best screw-ins ive come across.