PDA

View Full Version : LVL X bolt supposed to be fater at the front of the bolt??

anxiouspaintblr
06-23-2004, 04:01 PM
ok well. I just bought lvl 10 and it dosnt fit in my gun! I installed the parts that go into the power tube correctly and the bolt slide up and down the tube correctly. So I went to put it into the gun and the valve stuck out about a 5 mm's from the body. so i took it off and just put the bolt down into the body. It wouldnt go past the feedneck ring?.. anyway it would fit into the ring or whatever its called and gets stuck right there and wont go in any further. When I looked at the bolt and compared it to the stock one I could see that the LvL 10 bolt is just a little bit fatter at the tip of the bolt than the stock one. Im using an E-mag with the stock center feed body. the stock bolt does fit in my body.

here are the the bolts lvl x is on the right with the pin pointing to the fatness.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/184818.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/184820.jpg
as of now....i can only think of sanding the bolt which dosnt sound like a good idea. so what do i do!!!

Dayspring
06-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Sand the bolt or sand the ring. Either or. (My advice is to take a file to the ring and smooth it out a bit.)

anxiouspaintblr
06-23-2004, 04:04 PM
yeah? sanding wont ruin it? and whoa quick responce!

danheneise
06-23-2004, 04:41 PM
yeah? sanding wont ruin it? and whoa quick responce!

you didn't know dayspring whores these forums like no other? lol... anyways, the sanding won't damage the bolt , just do it enough to where it fits into/through the barrel

Dayspring
06-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Called down-time at work. :p

And you don't want a heavy grit paper. Something rather smooth. You probably don't have to go down much to make it fit.

you didn't know dayspring whores these forums like no other? lol... anyways, the sanding won't damage the bolt , just do it enough to where it fits into/through the barrel

anxiouspaintblr
06-23-2004, 05:17 PM
I have 220 grit as well as steel wool. And i have some buffering thing i made that i can use to get it nice again. so steel wool first maybe? if that dosnt work then 220?

You guys know any good sanding techniques so the bolt will stay as round as possible? i was just going to wrap sand paper around the bolt and hold it on with an elastic...good?

BlackVCG
06-23-2004, 06:44 PM
You're better off sanding the ring inside the body. They can develop a small burr over time and this will cause the bolt to hang up. Just use a round needle file of some sort and sand down the retaining ring a bit and then test fit the bolt. Do this until it fits and then gas it up and make sure it cycles fine.

I have 220 grit as well as steel wool. And i have some buffering thing i made that i can use to get it nice again. so steel wool first maybe? if that dosnt work then 220?

You guys know any good sanding techniques so the bolt will stay as round as possible? i was just going to wrap sand paper around the bolt and hold it on with an elastic...good?