PDA

View Full Version : Screw in HPA systems :

PowerFedMag
10-14-2001, 06:15 AM
I'm planning on getting a Crossfire Steel 68ci.

1-This is a screw in HPA, so that pretty much means its treated just like a CO2 tank....right???

2-If not, is there a special way for unscrewing it becuase of the higher pressure, or will the regulator prevent any high pressure unscrewing (if that makes sense).

3-How many shots does a Mag usually get out of a 68ci, 300psi, the standard amount?

4-Can I use a standard bootomline ASA on it?

5-If I had the tank setup on a cradle, how would I get the air lines from tank to fore-grip?

6-On drop forwards w\ASA's built in, do they have a threaded hole for hoses to be screwed in?

dumb ?'s, thanx fer help.

:cool:

Prezents
10-14-2001, 06:33 AM
You are making the best step you can for your marker now.
If it is a pre set tank it should be set at around 759psi, making it a little less in pressure than Co2. You can screw it in and out like you do your Co2 tanks.

I know out of my small 57ci tank I get about,,,, 575-600 shots, but I live in Montana and shots per tank might vary due to your elevation.

You can use a standard bottem line, you might have to goto a drop forward, due to the gauge on the tank.

Running air lines,,,, that is either done with steel braded line or macro line.

and for you last ? yes they are..

and the only dumb question is one that is not asked!!!!
Prezentshttp://www.mauisun.org/ubb/smilies/cwm9.gif

PowerFedMag
10-14-2001, 06:40 AM
one thing tho, let me re-phrase #5:

OK, when you screw a tank into a cradle, is the pin pushed in allowing air out? To me it looks like a hose is run from the tank regulator, to the gun.
I don't kno how to explain is really...:)

I guess just explain if a drop forward w\ASA an a drop forward with a cradle would have the same setup...

Thanx again

:cool:

ben_JD
10-14-2001, 07:01 AM
I use the tank you are talking about buying and love it. Other than needing a dropforward to balance the gun, you don't need to make any changes to the marker at all. One caveat, if you were running a remote CO2 set-up and were using an ASA without a pin (to open the pin valve on the CO2 tank) then you will need an ASA. This happened to me, but I think it is rare.

You will simply be amazed at the consistency and reliability of your new setup and will likely kick yourself (as did I) that you didn't make the change long ago....Today will make one week since I have switched from CO2 to HPA.

PowerFedMag
10-14-2001, 07:22 AM
not to sound sarcastic, but why will I be amazed and kick myself at the HPA setup as oppossed to the CO2?
(cuz I can take that friggin 20oz tank off my back!?!??!)

ben_JD
10-14-2001, 07:55 AM
Didn't sound sarcastic. I am merely projecting my feeling of "wish-I-had-done-that-sooner" onto you. I also ran a 20 oz. CO2 tank on my back for nine years. I have had a pretty consistent setup, but always ran into some issues with cool-down and/or velocity spiking. I bought and plugged in my Crossfire last weekend and was thouroughly amazed at the consistency of shot-to-shot velocity as well as the recharge rate. Of course, it's much better to be playing with a marker I can set down without taking off my belt first!

You may not like your new setup as much as I like mine, but I would be surprised.

PAINTBALLA01
10-14-2001, 01:13 PM
i only get about 800 shots off my stub i want a bigger tank