PDA

View Full Version : yes, i am retarded and know nothing bout mags :? few questions!!!

akamoe
06-23-2004, 11:06 PM
ok, so i just got my mag in the mail today...YEEHAW!!!it is a 68 mag, w/ intelli frame, xvalve w/ ult, and some barrel. well, ofcourse...i have been having some problems.

1.The gun leaks out of the barrel. It seems to only do this when my tank isat around 1100 PSI, or under that. If i shot it, and slap the side of the gun it sometimes stops...but then if i shoot somemore, it will come back.

2.are mags supposed to shoot off one shot when you air them up???lol, i put a nice dent in my wall...parents wont be to proud :nono:

3.either i am retarded, or this thing short strokes like crazy...i dont think the ULT has ever been set up correctly.

So, those are just a few probs i am having...the first one is the worst, and most annoying.

Well, i live about an hour away from AGD headquarters in IL...i was wondering, do y'all think i should just run my gun up there, and drop it off to get it all tuned up??I think that would be best, but dont know what time of the day to go or anything, or how quick the turn around would be. Anyone got some info??also, i wouldnt mind meeting tom kaye :headbang: lol...

EDIT:oh yeah...are all mags as inefficiect with air as mine???seems that i down my 88/4500 tank pretty dang quick..

Blazestorm
06-23-2004, 11:23 PM
Sounds like you have too many shims in the LVL 10, or it's not lubed enough.

No the gun's aren't supposed to shoot when you gas it up but you should always have a plug in anyway :D

And the short-stroking is simply you not being that good with the ULT trigger :)

Have fun, I'd take it down to AGD anyway :ninja:

akamoe
06-23-2004, 11:30 PM
there are 4 shims on the ULT.

EDIT:aahh, to many shims in the lvl 10 eh>???where he hell are the shims in the level 10???lol

akamoe
06-23-2004, 11:39 PM
found em...seems that there are only 2 in there.

yup, only two.

abunkerer
06-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a nice gun! if it is brand new it will take a while to break in, and after the break in the shot on gas up should go away, and the excessive chuffing, and bolt stick causing leak down the barrel. break in takes a few thousand shots.
Mags are simple, you can have that gun shooting in no time. Sounds like you are smart enough to find shims so I am betting that you aren't retarded. So put those shims back in there or leave them out, it dosent really make much difference. What does make a difference in how the gun operates is lube, you need lube, lots of lube, especially during break in. make sure that the on/off and the powertube oring is lubed always, if it dries out you will have some issues, use some paintball gun grease the bolt stem (the part that goes into the powertube) very lightly also.
The powertube oring should not be tight on the bolt stem, the bolt should slide nice and easy, if you take the valve point it up and drop the bolt onto the powertube the bolt should drop all the way down to the bumper, but it should not be so loose that it leaks either. To gain more efficiency use the small spring and chrono the gun at around 280. you should get over 1000 shots off that tank with a full fill.
:cheers:

Tim Taylor
06-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I noticed you said 68 Automag...Which valve AIR or RT? If you have an AIR valve the ULT could actually be causing the leak at low pressure. But I agree with those above lube, lube and when you think you have enough lube some more during break in.

akamoe
06-25-2004, 07:27 AM
it has an x-valve in it. and no, its not new...i just got it used. a trip to AGD headquarters is in the near future for me. :D im not complaining...lol

11_Mile_TMaster
06-26-2004, 07:45 PM
2.are mags supposed to shoot off one shot when you air them up???lol, i put a nice dent in my wall...parents wont be to proud :nono:

EDIT:oh yeah...are all mags as inefficiect with air as mine???seems that i down my 88/4500 tank pretty dang quick..

Answer to #2: That's why they reccomend holding the trigger in while you gas it up. It doesn't happen OFTEN, but it can. It's happened once or twice to me... Hence why I always hold the trigger in while I air it up. Problem solved.

Ehh... I get a bit over a thousand shots on my 68/4500

funkmunky56
06-27-2004, 07:10 PM

well, there's your problem... you're not supposed to down your tank like a tall cool... Mountain Dew. You're supposed to hook it to your Mag and shoot faces! Stop drinking your nitro, and it'll last longer.

:D :p

but, on a more serious note, mag efficiency is a delicate balance of your level 10 setup, and it's relation to how high you have to crank up the rear of your valve to get proper velocity. Perhaps you're running too long of a spring, or maybe your lvl10 carrier set up is too tight, either of which would require you to crank the adjuster up way too high to properly cycle the marker AND achieve a good velocity.

Just my Sunday afternoon thoughts... --Funk