PDA

View Full Version : X valve sticking

jgloschat
06-23-2004, 11:33 PM
I just purchased a TacOne. As I am tuning the bolt, I can not remove the valve from the back. The trigger pin is not being depressed enough by the sear to clear the upper body. I have to remove the frame and depress by hand. Help.

Blazestorm
06-24-2004, 01:29 AM
You mean the On/Off?

Try lubing it and pulling the trigger when you pull out the valve.

And make sure the bushing isn't sticking up, should slide right out

Wiggle it a little and rotate it to the right when pulling it out.

BlackVCG
06-24-2004, 01:48 AM
How much space is between the trigger rod and the back of the trigger when you gas it up? It should be a small gap and if you haven't messed with it from the factory setting it should be fine.

How are you degassing your setup? If it isn't degassing completely, you're probably not able to push in the in the on/off pin and keep it in so you can pull the valve out. Make sure you have a quick disconnect on your setup so you're able to bleed the air out of the valve. Also, don't hold down the trigger when you degas the gun.

jgloschat
06-24-2004, 10:14 AM
They don't send a schematic with these guns. If by on/off you mean the small brass pin that extends through a brass body that you can pull out of the bottom of the valve, then yes it is the on/off. I am degassing it by unscrewing the bottle from the ASA. I do not have a ON/OFF ASA yet. I do not depress the trigger while degassing. My clearance between sear pin and trigger is about 1/8".